Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Penicks

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 19, 2020, 11:39 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 19, 2020, 11:37 PM
Quote from: Drop-Dead on Aug 19, 2020, 11:18 PM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 19, 2020, 11:04 PM
Does anyone remember White Pony Pac-Man game or am I to old for you guys to remember?

still have it here :)

what were there 2 different WP games? cause the one i beat was kinda like pac man, this one looks different, sorta like frogger

there's footage of it on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJZroEIfOY

that is fucking evil

punkflop01

Woke up to 12 new pages on this topic and expected a single to have dropped. Instead it was all about the S/T and the WP video game. I dig it!

SianMX

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 20, 2020, 12:17 AM
Let's get back to unsubstantiated claims and theories. It's fun. Also let me say I don't believe everything everyone says on the internet, especially in regards to stuff like this. 99% of comments and other shit like this is false. But let's just entertain it for a minute. For every 100 idiots that "leak" fake info, there's usually one or two that are right but no one believes. Maybe this guy is the 1%

So, thatdeftkid-the user that was in here telling us the cover art is not eyes and that the singles are coming Friday and another on 9/4. He posted on reddit yesterday stating the same thing. Someone asked for his "sources". He simply replied "It's obvious lol". It's not obvious, obviously. Friends with band? Record label? Could be anything.

He also made a thread titled 'Album ranking B4 Georg is dropped'. WTF is Georg?

Finally, he replied to a comment about the website updating. "Chances are they'll release Black Stallion with the new album like they did 'The Studio Album Collection' with Gore."

Looking through his post history, almost all of it is related to Car Wraps. Dozens of posts in the Car Wraps reddit. Looks like that is his profession actually. It could be a side gig/hobby, but it's unlikely he works with the band or the label if he is so into the wraps. Who knows though.

My point is, he didn't make the account simply to be a Deftones troll. He seems to generally use it to discuss his profession. Again, I know people lie on the internet all the time. But he has nothing to gain from lying. He says everything in a matter of fact way too. He doesn't really give two shits if anyone believes him. a single on Friday and again on 9/4 is a reasonable guess anyone could make. The artwork not being eyes is also a reasonable guess. But hey, who knows? I don't believe in much. I'm not religious or spiritual. As I get older I generally think people are selfish and terrible. I really want to believe this guy. We will all know soon enough. I'm gonna remember this comment and qoute it when it all turns out to be true. You know, for my big internet points.

EDIT-I don't think Black Stallion will release alongside the new album. He did not state it as fact either. Just a guess on his part. I just don't see that happening for a myriad of reasons. But the singles and details about the artwork? Seems plausible.

"Georg" is the first name of the physicist whose surname gave the name of the units of resistance...so a cryptic way to refer to the speculated album title of the upcoming album.

I know that sentence is a bit convoluted, but as we can't say the possible album name it's a bit difficult for it not to be!!

RaptureWS

^^^^^ That makes sense. I hope everything he said turns out to be right. Unlikely though. A single dropping Friday is about the only thing I am certain of.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

shoop

Gaz

Jesus2Chino

Yeah, water and rebirth make me think of either baptism or water lilies, a symbol of reincarnation. I suppose a healthy application of imagination could turn the eyes into flower petals, but who knows? It's probably just eyes, haha. Also hello, been a minute!
Much respect,
-Matt

plagasx

imbrie

Quote from: plagasx on Aug 20, 2020, 08:07 AM
So.....single announcement today?

Likely today or tomorrow. I can't see the momentum of
the last week pausing now.

RaptureWS

My wager........ official announcement of album title today, probably with final cover art. Friday should be first single. Preorder packages any day too I'd imagine. I mean we are 37 days away from release........

Which now that I think about it, I wonder if there's going to be limited availability on the physical stuff because of covid. 37 days to gauge interest and gather numbers from pre-orders, and then ordering an appropriate amount of the merch from the manufacturers would be difficult during normal times, let alone during a pandemic. Then again these companies know what they are doing. They likely have a pretty decent idea how much physical stuff they would sell and have acted accordingly.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Vesanic

Quote from: MammothSound on Aug 20, 2020, 03:46 AM
Yes, I'm a decade long lurker. I rarely log in. Just want to be a part of the conversation. Don't scold me.  :)

Every time someone does it I feel like "You've seen me naked this whole time??" and I don't mind  8)

Vesanic

wassup my dooooodz

Seriously though, cover art could be just the single artwork. That'd explain the lyrics on the billboard.

Gaz

imbrie

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 09:08 AM
Seriously though, cover art could be just the single artwork. That'd explain the lyrics on the billboard.

Hmmm. It's possible but the billboard has what seems to be the album release date and I think it's been a lot of work just for single artwork so I'm pretty sure it's for the album.

imbrie

Quote from: punkflop01 on Aug 20, 2020, 09:15 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/id6jgq/so_stef_confirmed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Stef's clearly engaged with this album which only means good things.

Would have been amazing to have had the album released now but understand why that's not case and he confirms 25th September as the date.

Vesanic

Stef says he's gonna set up a YouTube page with gear presentations, sessions and whatnot  :D

wbasmith

Alright ladies and gents. I've gotta fever... and the only cure...
Is a single drop from the 'tones