Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imbrie

This feels like a BIG album for the band - lots of enthusiasm and this lead up to the announcement has been hugely fun and really well presented.

Obviously looking forward to the new music but I'm particularly looking forward to hearing how it's been mixed and so forth, especially after Gore's issues. I think having Terry at the helm has been really important for the guys and he's going to bring what only he can.

imbrie

Quote from: wbasmith on Aug 20, 2020, 12:28 PM
Alright ladies and gents. I've gotta fever... and the only cure...
Is a single drop from the 'tones

It's coming within hours now.  We're so close. Homestretch boys!

Gaz

It's come around at a good time for them. Nothing felt right with Gore or the media / hype, and for me it didn't really deliver. This album feels different, they have had time to fine tune things, all get back on the same page, work with Terry Date again

This just feels different, I just hope it delivers

imbrie

I wonder if they're done with the cryptic clues element of the campaign or if there's a little more to come. Would be nice if there was one final puzzle to solve which leads to the full reveal/single. Otherwise, I guess the website's next update will be the reveal of album title, tracklist and pre-order links etc.

GR1X7S

sharinglungs

Holy. Shit..... Single coming today.... This is not a joke..... This is not... A joke...

Vesanic

sharinglungs

Ok... That's one of the most beautiful singles they've ever released.

GR1X7S

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 20, 2020, 02:31 PM
Ok... That's one of the most beautiful singles they've ever released.

Its going to be difficult to describe how amazing it is really

sharinglungs

I'm just gonna say, if you hated P/T, I think you'll say they've redeemed themselves on this one

kroko

Wait, even vaguely mentioning that gets your reply removed? Oof. Either way, I'm fucking hyped for what's to come.

Moz La Punk

I havent posted here in years (had to make a new account, used to be known as Tomorrow's Blank and/or Mozzie) but I just wanna say Ive been following this topic for weeks now. It's hella fun!

Wont talk about you know what till we're alowed to.

kroko

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 20, 2020, 02:35 PM
I'm just gonna say, if you hated P/T, I think you'll say they've redeemed themselves on this one
100% agreed. But I enjoyed P/T 😅

GR1X7S

Vesanic

Thanks Moz, hit me up with your old email if you want a password reset

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 02:38 PM
Thanks Moz, hit me up with your old email if you want a password reset

Naw man, I dont even know the old email adress lol. Its cool. I don't care about that old account anyway. I was 15 years younger and a nerd. Well Im a nerd now too, but whatever!

wbasmith

ChubbyChino

I'm just gonna leave my 2 cents. Riff and instrumentals: pretty fcking good, vocal melody: just OK, but pretty good, mixing: really good, way better than Gore. T. Date did a good job.

Sorry Ves if we're not allowed to comment on that, pls don't ban me.