Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PenicsBlowsGoats

Quote from: Penicks on Jan 19, 2020, 11:28 AM
say that to my face fucker not online see what happens

One of two things would happen...you either piss yourself or your parents ground you.  I'm actually surprised you haven't lost your internet privileges yet

nicklav

Quote from: PenicsBlowsGoats on Jan 19, 2020, 08:41 PM

One of two things would happen...you either piss yourself or your parents ground you.  I'm actually surprised you haven't lost your internet privileges yet

Who comes to a message board to troll one specific member? Go away, you are ruining the thread and no one wants you here.

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Jan 19, 2020, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Papa Prune on Jan 18, 2020, 07:06 PM
Sorry Vesanic, I don't know how to make a link. But you replied on reddit so you Saw it .

It's cool, I found it and posted in my original comment.

Also heard this from another redditor about the sound (I know the dude a little bit, he's a long time follower of DeftonesLive and has a podcast on YouTube, I think he's legit as well)

"I hung out and met some of Chino's childhood friends at Pasadena Day Dream Festival. We hung out for quite some time. One guy, who I'll keep private, showed me pictures of him and Chino at the recording studio. He said that Terry Date produced it. He said Chino showed him a few tracks. I was pretty faded, but I think he said it was darker heavier SNW type of a vibe. I bet it comes out in May."

To recap:

- 11/12 songs
- Terry Date producing
- 9-string guitar
- Comes out April/May
- SNW dark-heavy type of album

The return of Terry Date? A dark, heavy SNW vibe but with more consistent production? So pumped. LET'S GO!

PenicsBlowsGoats

Quote from: nicklav on Jan 19, 2020, 09:07 PM

Who comes to a message board to troll one specific member? Go away, you are ruining the thread and no one wants you here.

Well every piece of info you guys have got about the new album has come from Reddit, and your bud Penicks does nothing but talk shit.  And he's just a jackass in general...I'm not new to this site, so I know.  Maybe you should put him in his place so I don't have to.  Be a little more grateful cuz this place would be dead right now if it was for that sub on Reddit. 

Penicks

then go back to reddit you dweeb

jesus christ

nicklav

Quote from: PenicsBlowsGoats on Jan 19, 2020, 10:30 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Jan 19, 2020, 09:07 PM

Well every piece of info you guys have got about the new album has come from Reddit, and your bud Penicks does nothing but talk shit.  And he's just a jackass in general...I'm not new to this site, so I know.  Maybe you should put him in his place so I don't have to.  Be a little more grateful cuz this place would be dead right now if it was for that sub on Reddit. 

What are you, the fucking reddit hall monitor? Literally no one cares.

Vesanic

Penicks has always been a jerk because that's who he claims to be. It's all in good spirit. If you'd been in the forum long enough as you claim, you'd know that. He means maybe 20% of what he says. That's why nobody usually gives a shit about what he says, no matter how negative. At least he's not attacking anyone here.

On the other hand, you registered with that username? With that dude who had created over 100+ accounts to keep calling me a faggot following his first ban, you're not even the first one. Sorry.

Final warning before ban.

LG95

Back to album discussion.

I can't wait to hear Abe being produced by Terry Date again. It's what I'm most excited about probably.

Aaahhhhh just give me a song!
I could float here forever

Lincblade

Does the recover password function no longer work? Been trying on and off for months to get my old account unlocked but no luck. Anyway, stoked to hear about the new album. Although it'd be nice to hear something official from the band. It's been a crazy amount of time since they've said anything concrete. And saying the new album is sounding like "Deftones" is kinda what they always say. With all of that being said though, I don't really know what I'm looking for. Something heavier than Gore and with better production maybe. Gore had it's moments but it was lacking in my opinion. Shit, Diamond Eyes is a nice change of pace for the ears after listening to most of Gore. And I'm not the biggest Diamond Eyes fan.

PenicsBlowsGoats

Quote from: LG95 on Jan 20, 2020, 02:52 AM
Back to album discussion.

I can't wait to hear Abe being produced by Terry Date again. It's what I'm most excited about probably.

Aaahhhhh just give me a song!

I think Gore is the only album that has bad production.  DE and KNY are flawless on production, and Rosemary might be the best song Deftones have ever done.  Production isn't the problem with SNW, it's the band being on the verge of breaking up and the album being all over the place. It's not cohesiveb, but I actually prefer it over White Pony.

And then there's S/T, the last album Deftones put out from Terry...it's arguably the most disliked album until Gore.  SNW was more much critically loved, but it's also divisive amongst fans.

I guess I just don't see the hype for Terry, cuz I think they already surpassed that with Nick.  Not to say I'm not excited, but I was excited about Hyde producing cuz he's done some great hardcore/metal albums...we know how that turned out.

Edit: S/T is my numero uno album by Deftones.  DE and KNY are right behind

Vesanic

LG95

Hmmmm don't like the "summer" addition. Unless he's just talking about the album release/promotion/touring cycle as a whole.

I'm impatient now. Not many exciting albums announced in these opening few months. Just want announcements/singles from them and Gojira right now.
I could float here forever

Sicario

Quote from: LG95 on Jan 22, 2020, 12:40 AM
Hmmmm don't like the "summer" addition. Unless he's just talking about the album release/promotion/touring cycle as a whole.

I'm impatient now. Not many exciting albums announced in these opening few months. Just want announcements/singles from them and Gojira right now.

I wholeheartedly agree. Makes me feel like it'll be summer/fall then fall/winter then 2021. I mean, it's not likely. But that little addition of summer kinda makes me doubt it'll be out in April/May like Frank mentioned.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

kurtone

Come on guys. You know better than to believe them when they're giving timelines to anything.

tarkil

Timeline is well known in SL anyways : 2 more hours !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

Quote from: tarkil on Jan 22, 2020, 06:19 AM
Timeline is well known in SL anyways : 2 more hours !

Aaaah finally  ;D

tarkil

I had to come back from the dead just to add that missing (but important) piece of trivia !!!         :)

How are you sir ? It's been a (very long) while..........

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Vesanic

It has, your Sloganizer throws me way back.  ;D

I'm okay! Been in London for a couple years. What about you? All I remember is you were in Asia.

E-Money

Feels good to be back. Happy New Year everyone. We're abojt to get a new Deftones record produced by the one and only Terry Mother Fucking Date. Pumped. So glad Terry is back in the mix... literally. 😜

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: E-Money on Jan 26, 2020, 02:07 AM
Feels good to be back. Happy New Year everyone. We're abojt to get a new Deftones record produced by the one and only Terry Mother Fucking Date. Pumped. So glad Terry is back in the mix... literally. 😜
I'm pumped Terry's back too, it'll be interesting to see if it changes the style of music they put out. Whatever happens you know that snare sound is going to be on point