Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

If they are mixing now it will definitely be out this year. Summer release for sure, maybe fall at the latest. Can't wait to hear what they do with terry. And hope the 9 string doesn't sound too chuggy.

God

Vesanic

If you're really satisfying yourself with your half-assed wit, I feel sorry for you.

By the way, I know who you are. You're only using this forum because I was hoping you had grown some maturity since then. Implied word of advice here.

Inkblades

I see this place received a makeover. Looks slick.

God

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 24, 2020, 01:50 PM
If you're really satisfying yourself with your half-assed wit, I feel sorry for you.

By the way, I know who you are. You're only using this forum because I was hoping you had grown some maturity since then. Implied word of advice here.

You may think you understand, but you don't. Don't get butthurt. Some may judge it as hate speech, I'm just stating the obvious. Don't take it personal.

sharinglungs

I think Chino's had the biggest audience yet. 4300 people watching right now.. shit..

Itmakesyoufly

has anyone noticed the unfinished whiteboard with 10 songs and the loteria cards as song tittles on their IG post from 4/14 ??

Inkblades

Yup, can't make any of it out though!

Roidragee

wheres that new album cover or album title or anything??  :-\

Inkblades

EDIT: Abe is doing a Q&A on Instagram Live tomorrow night instead of a DJ set, so we'll likely get some info.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 28, 2020, 05:40 AM
Abe is doing a live Q&A on Twitch tomorrow night instead of a DJ set, so we'll likely get some info.

Correction. He'll be on IG Live on the Deftones Instagram account, tonight at 8PM EDT.

6.5 hours from the time on this post.

Inkblades

Oops, my bad. IG it is.

B_S_79

Yup. I heard it too.

I thought he was fucking with us, then he played it again and he was like "Oops, maybe I should stop playing it." He's lit. This is great.

Inkblades

Lol both he and Frank are tipsy, this shit is pretty funny...

B_S_79

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 29, 2020, 03:29 AM
Abe just teased a new riff. Sounded like some straight metal. Think Doomed User but much faster.  It definitely didn't sound like Deftones, but that's great because I love when they experiment!

Immediate comparison based off of a five second clip that I will never be able to listen to again until the album out is the intro riff on Ebolarama by ETID.

elite54

No one recorded it?

Inkblades

Quote from: RaptureWS on Apr 29, 2020, 03:45 AM
Edit-WTF nevermind? It ended so abruptly and he answered very few questions.

Lol typical Deftones. If they don't have a moderator/interviewer reigning them in, it's just going to be chaos lmao. It's cool though, Abe doesn't seem to be a big social media guy.

Inkblades

Also, I heard music, but it went so quickly that I'm not retaining any of it. Was it just me or did Abe quickly cycle through a couple songs?

Roidragee

it sounds like something off of Adrenaline, but I can't tell if that was actually a new deftones riff or if he was just messing around and played a random song.  I hope it actually was from the new album.

Inkblades

If anyone has the snippets, please message it to me when you get a chance.