Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Sounds like a female feature on the second clip Abe played, just before Chino starts singing.

Inkblades

Nice, thanks for posting!

After hearing that, Chino saying the album is upbeat makes sense.

sharinglungs

It already sounds way more metal than Gore was....

Inkblades

Quote from: sharinglungs on Apr 29, 2020, 06:06 AM
Sounds like a female feature on the second clip Abe played, just before Chino starts singing.

Super hard to tell, but my guess would be Chelsea Wolfe or Lauren from Chvrches.

LG95

More importantly, Abe said that the mixing is virtually done.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

I put the bits together, check it out at the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EQvoox-A1U

Also, I don't hear a female voice. Sounds like Frank's effects.

LG95

People get so excited about hearing a heavy riff. I mean I get it but a one-note thrash riff is a slightly odd thing to get pumped about. I guess it might be because of the long wait.

And yeah that's definitely effects. Sounds like the Change verse sound.

Roidragee

Abe said that the original set release date for the album was July 24th, and now he said its pushed back a little bit because of Covid.

Inkblades

Abe is such a goofball. XD

rainnyx4

Definitely sounded like there was a woman's voice, and not Chino's or a instrument, for a second there. Would definitely appreciate a Mayberry cameo, if only to piss off the idiot Hatebreed douches.

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Apr 29, 2020, 06:47 PM
Sounds like the Change verse sound.

Yeah, I definitely hear that. Frank effects loud in the mix, I love it!

sharinglungs

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 29, 2020, 10:06 PM
Definitely sounded like there was a woman's voice, and not Chino's or a instrument, for a second there. Would definitely appreciate a Mayberry cameo, if only to piss off the idiot Hatebreed douches.

Straight from Sergio on stream tonight as someone said they heard female vocals on the teaser... "Definitely NOT!".

Vesanic

For what it's worth, here's the edited version of the clips that I put on my video:

https://mega.nz/file/dp9VyQyS#Own3dd_YbTy0vZAVDyoHCyUGCELRs2DH9lleip-TfhI

For anyone who doubts it, it's all the same track.

This small recording reminds me of that clip of Feiticeira, where you could hear someone entering the studio greeting someone else who was listening to the track. I was too young to be around but I'm pretty sure that clip hyped things up for fans then just like this one is doing now.

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on May 01, 2020, 08:40 PM
This small recording reminds me of that clip of Feiticeira, where you could hear someone entering the studio greeting someone else who was listening to the track. I was too young to be around but I'm pretty sure that clip hyped things up for fans then just like this one is doing now.
What clip was that?

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Vesanic on May 01, 2020, 08:40 PMI'm pretty sure that clip hyped things up for fans then just like this one is doing now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't feel the hype at all. I mean - I've got huge hopes regarding this record and I'm super hyped. But it seems like people don't care that much as it was in the past with SNW, DE or even KNY.

It's just my feeling, but Deftones have terrible PR team. They deserve more attention. Their merch are terrible too. Their social media are weak comparing to other bands these days. Their latest "Q&A" with Abe was completely out of control, one big chaos. I love the guy, I love his approach to social media, but you can't deny it was quite dissapointing. I understand that they want to keep things "mystique" or whatever, but their attitude towards their fanbase makes no sense to me, especially since we are just few months before new album drops.

sharinglungs

Any word on if they're live streaming tonight?

NM they posted that Sergio is doing a dj set..

Inkblades

There's hype among the diehards - and some big publications like Spin even picked up on the song clip being played (Vesanic - I'm sure you noticed, but Spin and some other websites linked your video - congrats!). More casual fans aren't really going to care about a quick clip being played twenty minutes in on an IG Live video with shoddy audio. But when they officially announce a single, release date, album title, tracklisting, etc. - there will definitely be a splash made.

The Abe stream was fun. I mean, was it a mess? Sure, but it's an IG stream. It's not that serious. He was cool enough to play a clip and give us little updates on where they are in the process, which he really didn't have to do. Abe has a very jokey personality, for sure, and if you want more straightforward answers, Chino or Frank are probably better for that, but it was fun to watch them cut loose. It was especially a blast to watch Frank loosen up, who for years has always seemed like the most serious guy in the band. It was honestly kind of shocking to hear him cracking jokes and giving Abe some shit lol.

I agree on the merch, it took a big dive around the Gore era - they had some amazing shirts back in the 00's and even some okay ones during the DE/KNY era. Probably has to do with fashion trends changing and working with a new designer. But it's just clothing and not really the reason I'm a fan.

LG95

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on May 01, 2020, 10:45 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on May 01, 2020, 08:40 PMI'm pretty sure that clip hyped things up for fans then just like this one is doing now.
It's just my feeling, but Deftones have terrible PR team. They deserve more attention.
Don't get the criticism of their PR team. What's that based on?

rainnyx4

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on May 01, 2020, 10:45 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't feel the hype at all. I mean - I've got huge hopes regarding this record and I'm super hyped. But it seems like people don't care that much as it was in the past with SNW, DE or even KNY.

It's just my feeling, but Deftones have terrible PR team. They deserve more attention. Their merch are terrible too. Their social media are weak comparing to other bands these days. Their latest "Q&A" with Abe was completely out of control, one big chaos. I love the guy, I love his approach to social media, but you can't deny it was quite dissapointing. I understand that they want to keep things "mystique" or whatever, but their attitude towards their fanbase makes no sense to me, especially since we are just few months before new album drops.

I think it's more like Gore was so bad that everyone is worried that this one will suck too. Tempered expectations. I remember being pretty bummed out about S/T too and worried they wouldn't ever make anything living up to WP and Adrenaline. SNW and DE weren't WP or Adrenaline but they at least felt like they were heading in sort of the right direction for me. KNY re-confirmed that they were the best band.