Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

It sucks those streams can't be more casual, I miss most of them now but it's always a cool opportunity to discover new music. Some people can't help but fanboy out and  they make it really weird, they just start spamming "I love you Chino" or asking if every  unknown song was new Deftones, Must be exhausting for them.

It feels weird to even try talk to them on a personal level like that, we're still strangers at the end of the day. I just like their music and want to hear what their influences are, the streams can be pretty cool sometimes though when it's just a bunch people with similar tastes talking about the music being played.

Inkblades

I propose SL becomes a private forum. This place is going to be crawling with dipshits when the album comes out anyway, so lets nip that in the bud now.

kurtone

Quote from: Inkblades on May 26, 2020, 11:47 AM
I propose SL becomes a private forum. This place is going to be crawling with dipshits when the album comes out anyway, so lets nip that in the bud now.

"Long time lurker but I decided to make an account. Can I get a link?"

I vote it becomes private as well.

nicklav

Just grandfather everyone now and that's it.

buddyboy101

Quote from: nicklav on May 27, 2020, 08:31 AM
Just grandfather everyone now and that's it.
I'm w/ that.  There's the DT subreddit for everyone else...quite a strange place already but not as bad as some of those obsessed groups on facebook.

Vesanic

We'll see what happens then

Inkblades

EDIT: Download has made the stream video private but here's the pertinent info from Abe's interview:

- The new album is mixed and now in the mastering phase.
- Abe says the "core sounds" that they developed with Terry are back.
- Abe throws September out as a tentative release month but isn't sure. At this point, we'll know when we know.
- They've talked about maybe releasing a condensed version of Eros, maybe as an EP. He also says it has some good songs but isn't very good as an album.

Vesanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaILAtpcmM

@inkblades Thanks for the sum up!

kurtone

God it has to get old being asked about Eros every fucking interview.

Inkblades

Should be a big week for news with the 20th anniversary of White Pony almost upon us. Also, I found this interesting:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBc4jGqASbL/

Vesanic

There's gonna be a private press conference with the band for the anniversary, on the 17 I think. We can expect a lot of coverage from the press.

I don't think there's gonna be anything special from the band directly, out of the few mandatory commemorative posts and hashtags. Who knows though?

Inkblades

Something'll happen, I believe

geraavl08

Inkblades

Quote from: nicklav on Jun 17, 2020, 04:29 PM
https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/music/2020/6/17/21293057/oral-history-deftones-white-pony-20th-anniversary

The whole section about them living in the Hollywood mansion is fucking hilarious Behind the Music rock star shit.

"Carpenter: Fools got wasted. Did Abe tell you about stabbing himself in the head?

Cunningham: I got stabbed in the head.

Carpenter: I wasn't there when it happened. It was days later, and they were talking about it. Abe was laying in bed, and he just rolled onto a knife somehow. I was like, "How does that even happen?" I know of the physical action of stabbing, but I was like, "Holy shit, dog, you could have killed yourself."

Delgado: Lots of partying, blood. ... You're in Hollywood, doing crazy shit. You're at speakeasies at five in the morning, out in Compton. Shit just happens, you know what I mean?"

Inkblades

Inkblades

DJ Shadow is the only announced remixer so far, but this part is key:

"So we have a bunch of different people on it, some that actually inspired some of the writing of the record itself, the original album. So it's kind of come full circle."

Inkblades

Also, I know this thread is for the new album, but this is kind of the thread where we all talk, so I'm just gonna post all Deftones related news in here.

stepanas

July 2020... no real info yet. No single, no title, no teaser, no track list, no release date, no nothing. We getting it this year for sure??
no fist to fuckin' save you from

Inkblades

If the release month is September, we have to be getting an announcement and first single in the next few weeks. I know for 100% fact that the album is finished, so if it doesn't come out then, it has nothing to do with the actual music itself.