Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mono

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 09:17 PM
Someone on reddit said they had it on good authority the source leak wasn't mixed/mastered and the tempo is off. Do what you will with this info...

Risa or the friend of stef? Meh

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 26, 2020, 08:28 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 08:06 PM
Mods reading this:

Please come to the moderator room. Thank you

uh oh... somethings up..

Nothing's up, just need to figure out a few things.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 09:50 PM
Mods reading this:

uh oh... somethings up..

Oh ok, I thought something might have leaked or might have..

I mean, if they're leaking things on purpose... It's working... This thread has been pretty active today.

And I think the reason the YouTube clips haven't been taken down yet, is because maybe they don't have anyone in the office to do it? Since it's not in the auto flagging system yet.

Roidragee

how are the YouTube videos still up even though they took down the first batch of leaks in a matter of an hour lmao

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 26, 2020, 10:01 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 09:50 PM
Mods reading this:

uh oh... somethings up..

Oh ok, I thought something might have leaked or might have..

I mean, if they're leaking things on purpose... It's working... This thread has been pretty active today.

And I think the reason the YouTube clips haven't been taken down yet, is because maybe they don't have anyone in the office to do it? Since it's not in the auto flagging system yet.

Putting away the possibility they leave them up on purpose (they're not the ones leaking them imo), that's the most likely case. Bad situation all around.

Vesanic

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 26, 2020, 10:05 PM
how are the YouTube videos still up even though they took down the first batch of leaks in a matter of an hour lmao

First batch of leaks?

Roidragee

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 10:53 PM

First batch of leaks?

There was two videos up of deftones leaks last night and they both got copyrighted after an hour of it being uploaded

sharinglungs

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 10:53 PM

First batch of leaks?

I think it was the same as the 2:45 one that was on YouTube. First one got removed or taken down

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 09:17 PM
Someone on reddit said they had it on good authority the source leak wasn't mixed/mastered and the tempo is off. Do what you will with this info...
It is for sure either unmixed and mastered, or it's just a rehearsal recording. It's especially obvious in Chino's vocals, which sound much more akin to a live performance from him than what he'd typically sound like record.

Vesanic

You know for sure it was taken down following a copyright strike? I know one of them just made it private.

I don't think it's a rehearsal btw.

Roidragee

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 26, 2020, 11:57 PM
You know for sure it was taken down following a copyright strike? I know one of them just made it private.

Yeah i still got the link for the removed video: https://t.co/7Jo77ILDrO

Matthewtheloser

Rehearsal was the wrong word, it's definitely too well produced to be a rehearsal. I guess I meant it could be more of a scratch track or something. Like maybe that's not the exact vocal take that we'll hear on the album. But yeah, it could also just be unmixed and unmastered. I guess that would make more sense given that it was supposedly from a leak that chino posted 6 weeks ago, and all the final tracking would have been done by that point I would assume.

That aside, I really enjoy the track itself. It definitely feels more focused than something off Gore (though I do like Gore a lot), and I think the vocal melody in the chorus is great, it's a real ear worm and I can definitely see myself singing it in my head all day long.

sharinglungs

It's definitely the studio version, maybe unmastered, definitely mixed.

Trust me, what you heard, is what it's going to sound like on the full finished album.

Lots of people blamed the poor production of Gore to it being a low quality leak. Which turned out to not be the case... If I remember correctly the vinyl version was the first version circulated back then.

Sleeping_Giant

The longer song seems to be cool, but I feel more curious about the song that starts at 2.30. That beginning and beat got my attention.

By the way - the version I heard yesterday (the one that got down) sounded a bit differently...

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 27, 2020, 12:24 AM
It's definitely the studio version, maybe unmastered, definitely mixed.

Trust me, what you heard, is what it's going to sound like on the full finished album.

Lots of people blamed the poor production of Gore to it being a low quality leak. Which turned out to not be the case... If I remember correctly the vinyl version was the first version circulated back then.
Yeah, it was the vinyl rip that was leaked initially. And while the actual thing sounded a bit better than those rips, they didn't sound as much better as what I would have thought lol

Matthewtheloser

Looks like the clips were taken down off of Youtube

Vesanic

Good to see they managed

Vesanic

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 27, 2020, 12:18 AM

Yeah i still got the link for the removed video: https://t.co/7Jo77ILDrO

Thank you!

ANattyRat

Why the HELL did I come into this forum a few hours too late to hear these song clips? Jeez, you think it's going to be a while before anything new is happening and this happens lol. So they all come from Chino playing them to people? If so, seems like a really dumb move from him, uncharacteristically so, no? Maybe knowing how differently things are being done at the moment, he thought it would be a good way to create hype or something. And to be fair, it does create hype. The person spreading them around sucks for doing so without the explicit permission of the band, but in my opinion, leaks like that (clips, bad quality, etc) don't tend to harm sales at all, but just get people talking and more excited.

E-Money

Not the best move on chinos part to share these . But man the heavy track sounds killer. Hope we get it this year. 👌