Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

I remember back in 2003, Nuno leaked the snippits from the Self Titled album

It happens, I agree with no posting links to them, but do we have to pretend it hasn't happened? Come on.

sharinglungs

What Ves is saying, is management is basically telling him to remove anything related to the album title and how I'm assuming also the leaks, or he's just getting proactive as to not get into trouble or the forums shut down.

Everyone is excited for the new album.

Everyone knows how and where to get leaks when they happen.

Let's just be patient, it's coming soon (ish)

Inkblades

8) :o

Vesanic

Quote from: reimdaheim on Jul 28, 2020, 09:22 PM
@Vesanic:
Every leak was spread via this board.

Not this time. And we don't want to help this one. ;)

976-EVIL

Patience is indeed a virtue, and this place ain't very virtuous. Love this board but especially when a new Record is about to drop. The anticipation is frantic, lol.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Vesanic

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 28, 2020, 09:43 PM
What Ves is saying, is  he's just getting proactive as to not get into trouble or the forums shut down.

Exactly. Truth be told, we were reckless about this in the past and I leaked a lot of shit myself before. I won't deny.

But I'd like to believe most of us have grown and understand the risks. Also if you believe leaks help the hype: it doesn't. And it impacts the promotional work, and sales in the long haul.

How? One person hears a bad quality rip, they think it sucks (just because of the quality), they pass on purchasing the album and spread that opinion of theirs. Friends of that person will buy into that opinion. And it goes on. That's how you get opinions like "Bud of mine heard it in advance and told me it sucked, so I didn't listen to it". Then years later they come on a fan space like this one to say how dumb they were to believe that.

It's very obvious to me they don't want this out. They already removed clips from YouTube. Let's just be respectful about this. I'm sure it'll come soon enough and it'll be worth the wait.

As a reminder: we never allowed public posts of leaks on this forum, or at least, I've never seen it allowed since the day I became a mod. Never. What BLK did before I removed his post is not allowed, it wasn't before and it especially isn't now. Management has nothing to do with that.

Vesanic

Another note:

Every previous leak (of any album whatsoever) has NEVER started here. It was always someone coming up with a leak somewhere else, and then that leak would start pinballing on here. As it is (or used to be) the number one Deftones space, we definitely helped to an extent. We're just a very tiny bit of the internet though. It's not like it wouldn't have happened without sharinglungs.

kurtone

What Ves is saying, is management is basically telling him to remove anything related to the album title and how I'm assuming also the leaks, or he's just getting proactive as to not get into trouble or the forums shut down.

Everyone is excited for the new album.

Everyone knows how and where to get leaks when they happen.

Let's just be patient, it's coming soon (ish)

Probably trying to keep out the noobs as well.

LG95

There's a YouTube link to a leak on the subreddit someone could do with taking down too.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 28, 2020, 10:03 PM
What Ves is saying, is  he's just getting proactive as to not get into trouble or the forums shut down.

Exactly. Truth be told, we were reckless about this in the past and I leaked a lot of shit myself before. I won't deny.

But I'd like to believe most of us have grown and understand the risks. Also if you believe leaks help the hype: it doesn't. And it impacts the promotional work, and sales in the long haul.

How? One person hears a bad quality rip, they think it sucks (just because of the quality), they pass on purchasing the album and spread that opinion of theirs. Friends of that person will buy into that opinion. And it goes on. That's how you get opinions like "Bud of mine heard it in advance and told me it sucked, so I didn't listen to it". Then years later they come on a fan space like this one to say how dumb they were to believe that.

It's very obvious to me they don't want this out. They already removed clips from YouTube. Let's just be respectful about this. I'm sure it'll come soon enough and it'll be worth the wait.

As a reminder: we NEVER allowed public posts of leaks on this forum, or at least, I've never seen it allowed since the day I became a mod. Never. What BLK did before I removed his post is not allowed, it wasn't before and it especially isn't now. Management has nothing to do with that.

Good points. Also, keep in mind what happened to the original Team Sleep album. It leaked when it was unfinished and multiple amazing sounding tracks ended up getting scrapped because of it. Team Sleep's legacy was ultimately affected by that leak. I can name other examples of leaks completely changing tracklistings that end up hurting the artist's work.

LG95

And see the people talking about the recent leak sounding more like a live recording or demo because it's essentially a shitty audio rip.
I could float here forever

Gaz

Well I like how this place comes alive during the build up to the new album, like the old days

Gaz

No date for release and we are almost in August. This is either going to be a suprise release or pushed back to Spring next year.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Gaz on Jul 28, 2020, 11:06 PM
Well I like how this place comes alive during the build up to the new album, like the old days

Agreed! And totally respect the "No Leak" request, however I think I speak for most of us when I say if the entire thing leaked tomorrow I'd still buy one or more copies to support the band I love.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Gaz on Jul 28, 2020, 11:22 PM
No date for release and we are almost in August. This is either going to be a suprise release or pushed back to Spring next year.

No way it's pushed back to Spring. Maybe October/November.

kurtone

Quote from: Gaz on Jul 28, 2020, 11:22 PM

The way the band and label operate I'm thinking it's pushed to spring to coincide with all the rescheduled dates. If they're saying September I automatically tack on about six months to that.

downtownpony

Vesanic must be getting paid by their management or something. I cannot for the life of me figure out why someone would be so obsessed with policing the sharing of some low-quality recordings. He's  leading the charge on their reddit page too, lol.

sharinglungs

Well, it's still illegal to share copyrighted material. On their official pages is not a great look either.

Vesanic

Now that's one fucking bold statement. I got fired because of the pandemic. I wish I was paid by major music label, I wouldn't have a worry left.

downtownpony

Sorry to hear you got fired, man.

I still think you're taking it too far.