Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Maynard's apparently interviewed about it in that feature.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

The fact that they are posting about the Revolver article on their social media makes me think we're not getting any real news today and I doubt tomorrow, either. Bummer.

Sleeping_Giant

There will be no announcement this week since WP Anniversary Crap is more important...I hope SNW Anniversary will be celebrated the same way.

Roidragee

We probably won't hear much about the new album in August because of WP stuff. Hope I'm wrong

Yossarian

Quote from: Roidragee on Jul 30, 2020, 09:04 PM
We probably won't hear much about the new album in August because of WP stuff. Hope I'm wrong

Actually, from record labels business view it might have sense to create buzz around band on occasion of anniversary first. Activate some dormant listeners, create PR hype and only then release new material in hope of getting better reach for it that way. Hope Im wrong too.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

sharinglungs

Not to sound like a conspiracy or anything, but one of the cover artists for revolver just released a new single in conjunction with the magazine cover...

So it's not impossible to think deftones could do something similar next week maybe?

Or tomorrow?

Inkblades

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 30, 2020, 10:24 PM
Not to sound like a conspiracy or anything, but one of the cover artists for revolver just released a new single in conjunction with the magazine cover...

So it's not impossible to think deftones could do something similar next week maybe?

Or tomorrow?

Doubtful...unless rumors wants to prove me wrong.

BTW that artist you're talking about is Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Black Queen. His singles have been solid so far - I'm looking forward to his album.

Lincblade

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 30, 2020, 10:38 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 30, 2020, 10:24 PM

Or tomorrow?

Doubtful...unless rumors wants to prove me wrong.

BTW that artist you're talking about is Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan and The Black Queen. His singles have been solid so far - I'm looking forward to his album.

I'm a huge DEP fan. Haven't met many fans of theirs, if any in my personal life. Greg is a cool dude.

sharinglungs

I think the only glimmer of hope we have is that rumors has been around, which means we are getting close.

LG95

They're not going to drop a single out of nowhere. They'll tease it at least a couple of days before.
I could float here forever

Roidragee

What if rumors was just joking and wasn't serious in the reply

Yossarian

Quote from: LG95 on Jul 30, 2020, 10:50 PM
They're not going to drop a single out of nowhere. They'll tease it at least a couple of days before.

Leathers and Hole in the earth were released this way, so maybe...
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

sharinglungs

Then hopefully we'll get a teaser trailer like we did for rocket skates.

Tease on Friday, release single Tuesday.

I don't think it'll happen this week, but we're all dreamers.

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 30, 2020, 11:04 PM

Then hopefully we'll get a teaser trailer like we did for rocket skates.

Tease on Friday, release single Tuesday.

I don't think it'll happen this week, but we're all dreamers.

Remember a few years ago when Aphex Twin released an album on The Dark Web?
8)

tokyodrifter

Inkblades

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Jul 31, 2020, 03:55 AM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Jul 29, 2020, 09:09 PM
Maybe TokyoDrifter forgot his password

Never.

Hi Camilo, how's it going? When are you guys going to announce this thing? Don't make us wait too long now!

976-EVIL

Yeah what Inkblades said!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

I think it might be real, because Chino loves "Earth" as a topic lol.. .

976-EVIL

Damn it, I hate I am so technically inept!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.