Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

Quote from: Gaz on Aug 06, 2020, 05:29 PM
Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 06, 2020, 03:46 PM
I'm starting to wonder if some may know more than we think and of course sworn to secrecy.. ... *removes tinfoil hat*

Maybe we do

Maybe we don't

Good things come to those who wait 😉

Big Boss

No one on this board with the exception of Rumors and whoever else is an undercover agent knows any more than the rest of us. To everyone saying be patient. We've been patient! I messaged someone who works with the band in February and they said good things come to those who wait. Been waiting plenty :)

Gaz

Quote from: Big Boss on Aug 06, 2020, 05:47 PM
No one on this board with the exception of Rumors and whoever else is an undercover agent knows any more than the rest of us. To everyone saying be patient. We've been patient! I messaged someone who works with the band in February and they said good things come to those who wait. Been waiting plenty :)

Ask no secrets and we will tell no lies

LG95

I keep secrets. You should ask my next door neighbour, who, by the way, is having an affair with his secretary.
I could float here forever

976-EVIL

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 06, 2020, 06:31 PM
I keep secrets. You should ask my next door neighbour, who, by the way, is having an affair with his secretary.

HA! I knew it...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Gaz

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 06, 2020, 06:31 PM

Secrets are everywhere, eventually they are revealed. 2 more hours

Roidragee

beansandcornbread

Maybe they will be done writing the follow up to this album by the time this one comes out.

Inkblades

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Aug 06, 2020, 07:57 PM
Maybe they will be done writing the follow up to this album by the time this one comes out.

Hahaha, that would be nice.

976-EVIL

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Aug 06, 2020, 07:57 PM

Yes! This!

Inkblades

Alright, I think we can now say the album coming out in September is not happening. October or November is more likely...I guess?

sharinglungs

I don't think it's safe to say that at all yet, still only the first week of August.

Most deftones singles come out 4 weeks before the album.

Plus it's only Thursday, we still have one more day left for this week lol

elite54

This no news, no single, no album art or track titles is bizarre.

Inkblades

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 06, 2020, 10:36 PM
I don't think it's safe to say that at all yet, still only the first week of August.

Most deftones singles come out 4 weeks before the album.

Plus it's only Thursday, we still have one more day left for this week lol

Nah, first singles are two months and then a second single one month...although maybe that release plan has changed because of COVID, I dunno. That Stef quote is what's really solidifying it for me not coming in September. "I can't give you an exact release date". If the album was coming in September, he'd say it - especially if he was asked the month before it was supposed to come out. He's a straight shooter (unlike the rest of the band lol).

DenakDW

Yes! i believe they are getting a delay on this record by the record company.
November/december doesnt seem too crazy for me... hell, even next year.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

WinterSleeps

Apparently, YouTube Content ID has been picking up the leak and naming the song. A single is gonna come within the next couple weeks.

976-EVIL

Just don't get it. If the record is done and we all have seen the leaks trickle out why not start the hype machine in earnest soon. People are starving for new music and distractions out there.

Roidragee

Maybe they're still deciding on album artwork and order of the tracklist. If we don't hear anything this month then.... lol

Vesanic

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 06, 2020, 11:23 PM
Just don’t get it. If the record is done and we all have seen the leaks trickle out why not start the hype machine in earnest soon. People are starving for new music and distractions out there.

That's the common misconception. There are indeed a fair amount of people who have heard new music and some info about the new album, and lots of them, like you, assume that all the other fans (which is a bigger majority than the ones who do know) heard it and know about it too. The material control operation that's been happening prevented the majority of fans from knowing about it, that was the whole point. In short, just some fans know, doesn't mean all the others do.

Vesanic

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 06, 2020, 10:44 PM
That Stef quote is what's really solidifying it for me not coming in September.

This is just not enough to assume September will not see the release happen. There is nothing that happened, at least as far we know, that would justify another postpone. Stephen is definitely aware of the leaks and the hype, him saying "I don't have a specific release date" makes sense with the obvious effort of the label trying to control the leaks. He's not going to go out there and ruin it by announcing an actual release plan. Stef and Chino are very different.

I believe September will be the release month, although I definitely don't know for sure.