Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian

Seems they are using Drupal, which is site management system for non-coders. Maybe record label folks are working on page for new album and gave it this obvious url, which for now is accessible only with admin access.

Take this with a pinch of salt, though. We are all biased here...
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Inkblades

Roidragee

When you type the album title at the end its coming back in all uppercase letters now.

Yossarian

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 11, 2020, 09:50 PM
When you type the album title at the end its coming back in all uppercase letters now.

It does :D and it clearly wasn't like this an hour ago.

Seems that someone is working on this page right now as we speak. This could mean we're really close to announcement now.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

GR1X7S

I love watching the internet detectives on here work 😁

Gaz

Wheels are in motion

DEF_RICHIE

Something has to be coming this week...puttin my money on Wednesday or Friday.

sharinglungs

well I guess we know it'll be spelled in caps lol.

GR1X7S

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 11, 2020, 10:39 PM
well I guess we know it'll be spelled in caps lol.

This is the valuable information we need!

Capt Snow

sharinglungs

From digging around, nothing can be found/accessed on the site, but it does mean that they're setting it up, they have the domain and it does bring you to a separate page compared to a page that doesn't exist. The site might not be uploaded yet or if it is it's a private page for admins only.

The fact that it now redirects the URL to capital letters when it didn't before is certainly interesting. How long before we see whats behind the curtains who knows... lets keep speculating!

Sicario

Y'all are crazy! That being said. Keep it up  8)
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

nicklav

Someone could write a script that pings the address every so often and compares the content... then you'd know pretty much as soon as it was updated.

rainnyx4

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 12, 2020, 12:31 AM
Someone could write a script that pings the address every so often and compares the content... then you'd know pretty much as soon as it was updated.

You first.

sharinglungs

funny timing for SL to go dead... lol.. now the website doesn't redirect to capital letters. They are actively or were actively working on that website today.

Edit : it does on my phone... But it wasn't doing it on my pc just now... Will double check again in a little bit.

leatherz

Doing some debugging at deftones.com/ohms (nothing fancy lol, it's pretty easy) I came across a piece of HTML showing that their sublabel is Big Beat Records. I remembered a few posts ago discussing about the sublabel they're signed to.

nicklav

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Aug 12, 2020, 12:39 AM

You first.

Maybe I WILL.

leatherz

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 12, 2020, 02:16 AM
funny timing for SL to go dead... lol.. now the website doesn't redirect to capital letters. They are actively or were actively working on that website today.

Edit : it does on my phone... But it wasn't doing it on my pc just now... Will double check again in a little bit.

At least for me pretty much every time after I clear the cache it reloads with capital letters.

mono

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 12, 2020, 03:04 AM
Quote from: rainnyx4 on Aug 12, 2020, 12:39 AM

You first.

Maybe I WILL.

There's some services that do that...but to have a decent refresh ratio you have to pay, nah. Good luck with the script!