Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 14, 2020, 01:31 AM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 14, 2020, 01:23 AM
Quote from: Pink_Sands on Aug 14, 2020, 12:51 AM
I feel as if the album cover will play off the color palette of their summer headliner poster - dark green and black with maybe one other accent color.
Good point, going back to the "Garden" in the source code for the website, maybe it could be some sort of dark green, leafy sort of thing contrasted against black. I could imagine something similar to this Holy Fawn album cover, only with a different shade of green:

(which is a great album by the way, I think a lot of people here would really dig it)

The 'garden' word all over the code is simply a Drupal theme/module they're using. It has absolutely nothing to do with the album.
Scratch that idea then. In that case, I'm going back to my prediction from a few weeks ago and I say it's going to be Andrenaline douche part 2

Matthewtheloser

Joking aside, I've always trusted Deftones to deliver when it comes to quality cover art. I think the last four albums have all had deliciously lush album covers that serve as a perfect compliment to the music they contain. I often just sit there and gaze at them while listening to the music, it really invokes strong feelings of synesthesia in me and helps give the music a certain "color" in my mind. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the next one.

Vesanic

The new format of SharingLungs deleted all of our previous avatars and I see a lot of you shy to try to update yours. Since everyone is checking on this thread right now, here's a rundown on how to change your profile picture properly:

https://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,21418.0.html

Hope this helps

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 14, 2020, 01:46 AM
The new format of SharingLungs deleted all of our previous avatars and I see a lot of you shy to try to update yours. Since everyone is checking on this thread right now, here's a rundown on how to change your profile picture properly:

https://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,21418.0.html

Hope this helps

Thanks man!

GR1X7S

wkcwkc

I can't stay silent and lurk anymore.  The hype train has left the station!  I think this album is going to be quite the opus.  To what some others have said about Gore, I'd love to hear a Terry Date remaster of that album.  And unrelated to the new album, Holy Fawn's Death Spells is fucking spectacular for those who haven't heard it. 

Roidragee

2000 - WP
2010 - DE
2020 - ?
I got faith, Its time for another great album  ;D

sharinglungs

I would love to hear another 6 string deftones album.

nicklav

Stef doesn't even play six strings live for the first three albums anymore so that will never happen. I think seven is his sweet spot.

stu_101

Who remembers the 30 second song teasers for the S/T record. That was a cool promo tactic. I had those teasers on repeat on my minidisc player

sharinglungs

I know it might be a long shot, and I'm not going to say it, but I think they gave away the release date inadvertently... And if I'm correct, that date ends on a Friday....

Gaz

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 14, 2020, 10:45 AM
I know it might be a long shot, and I'm not going to say it, but I think they gave away the release date inadvertently... And if I'm correct, that date ends on a Friday....

Huh, when?

stu_101

Based on your hunch, are we close?

sharinglungs

Quote from: stu_101 on Aug 14, 2020, 11:15 AM

Based on your hunch, are we close?

Very. Like, they would have to release a single today or next Friday at the latest close.

But again, I'm just speculating.

sharinglungs

Inkblades empty your inbox or make some room lol

Vesanic

sharinglungs

N0S3BLEED976