Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punkflop01

Quote from: Iwazaru on Aug 16, 2020, 07:12 PM
This whole forum will collectively shit itself if one day a band member decides to just tweet "2 more hours" while we're waiting for an album release.
or if they title one of their tracks ''2 more hours''

Pink_Sands

It's pretty obvious that the album cover is going to be the Deftones Summer Tour 2020 poster. Maybe not with the same text design, but probably the same color scheme.

nicklav

I doubt they would ever give this board the satisfaction.

Formant

I'm thinking that it may be the same model, same composition, and same mood as the tour poster; but a slightly different pose. As if taken from the same photoshoot. Time will tell! I'm down either way, or if it's something totally different.

Inkblades

Using their old songs to hint at their new songs? This is some of the raddest promotion they've ever done. Love it.

Yossarian

Was skeptical about their album teasings so far but this one is spot on. This black and white aestethic gives really high hopes for album artwork too
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Inkblades

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 16, 2020, 07:28 PM
I doubt they would ever give this board the satisfaction.

Lol yeah probably not. We've matured, though!

Vesanic

Matthewtheloser

My man Stephen is really out here chiefing big ol' doinks, yet I'M the one who's immature. Okay sure, whatever you say.

Matthewtheloser

Do you guys think we're going to get a sound snippet from a new song before the full single drops? Kind of like they did with Prayers/Triangles.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 16, 2020, 08:16 PM
Do you guys think we're going to get a sound snippet from a new song before the full single drops? Kind of like they did with Prayers/Triangles.
They've done it fir DE and Gore, cant remember if they did it for KNY

Roidragee

I think its possible. Maybe they'll do the sound snippet on a Friday and have the world premiere of the single be on the Daniel P. Carter show on Sunday.

Inkblades

They didn't do it for Koi - they released Leathers all in one shot. They did play Rosemary and Poltergeist live beforehand, though. With how immersive and involved this new promotion is, I think we'll definitely hear some sound teases in the next few days.

Sleeping_Giant

P/T teaser was cool but the song turned out the have completely different vibe for me. I'm not sure if a sound snippet is such a good idea.

Iwazaru

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 16, 2020, 08:25 PM

P/T teaser was cool but the song turned out the have completely different vibe for me. I'm not sure if a sound snippet is such a good idea.
Not a fan of snippets either. I reckon it's a solid way for the promotional campaign to say "It's coming soon for real guys" but I prefer having just one or two singles then the album release. Even with just a few seconds of preview you naturally try to elaborate and imagine the whole thing for yourself for eventually no good reason.

Matthewtheloser

Assuming that these Spotify graphics and the twitter post are lyrics to a new song, I think there's also a chance that the single is going to be something other than the one that everyone assumed would be the first single. I don't know if these lyrics are in any of the other leaks, I just heard the main one.

punkflop01

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 16, 2020, 08:35 PM
Assuming that these Spotify graphics and the twitter post are lyrics to a new song, I think there's also a chance that the single is going to be something other than the one that everyone assumed would be the first single. I don't know if these lyrics are in any of the other leaks, I just heard the main one.
The lyrics are from one weak, so looks like they're hinting at releasing something (music or info) in a week's time.

Roidragee

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 16, 2020, 08:35 PM
The spotify lyrics are probably for the new single I think. It sounds like a Deftones lyric to me

LG95

The Spotify lyrics are from another new song. 100%
I could float here forever