Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Started by manic_bastard, Apr 03, 2006, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theshadeisatool

*definitely - I always spell that wrong....

deftoneskoen

Yeah those were good times.. I started disliking the peppers after I saw them on Pinkpop, it was so damn boring, nothing special(they were even headliner and it seemd thay the organisation paid more then a million euro's to have them).
I think theire all great musicians(exept for Antony) but they don't have the power to bring something original anymore.

theshadeisatool

I agree with you deftoneskoen. i was totally disenchanted when i went to see them and it was in a huge stadium, waste of time.

Hidalgo

i really enjoyed them live, i thought they were excellent

kalhan

rhcp hate is like a trend on these forums...

it's good music, get over it

goldpony

Quote from: kalhan on Jun 30, 2008, 11:28 PM

the music is good, but i cant listen to recent releases. the music is too compressed and the vocals have like a static to them, like when you turn a stereo up too loud. i've been a fan for a looooooooong time (mothers milk btw) and like everything they do, but the way the new stuff is produced makes it almost unlistenable. i really do get eatr fatigue from it.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

mr.sinister

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 30, 2008, 11:51 PM

Really huh? When I got Stadium Arcadium some of the songs sounded too compressed especially Dani California.
the music is good, but i cant listen to recent releases. the music is too compressed and the vocals have like a static to them, like when you turn a stereo up too loud. i've been a fan for a looooooooong time (mothers milk btw) and like everything they do, but the way the new stuff is produced makes it almost unlistenable. i really do get eatr fatigue from it.

kalhan

Quote from: goldpony on Jun 30, 2008, 11:51 PM

that's the thing with all music. they used to record on tape so it had a different feel to it as compared to the digitally recorded stuff now. digitally recorded stuff sounds way too clean and flawless, which sucks...

if you try recording yourself, try it on tape heads and then on logic or something via a good soundboard... you'll notice the difference...

it's like the difference between frusciante's old stuff and new stuff (solo recordings) that's when you see the difference clear as day... imagine the beatles recording on protools or something, they'd loose their charm completely.

surgery

No one has commented on their return yet, they released two albums last year. The Red Hot Chili Peppers have released their second album for 2022, titled "Return of the Dream Canteen," following April's release of "Unlimited Love," creating a 1-2 punch.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PccS-4wSZCY

Red Hot Chili Peppers - These Are The Ways