Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moana91

Yes, he said in an interview that they had worked with "11 people", so I think it's safe to say that nor Back to School or The Boy's Republic will be on the record.

ALSO:

Abe said that prior to the pandemic they were preparing to do a few shows playing the entire album live.

So we were or ARE going to hear Pink Maggit live.
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony

Vesanic

Quote from: Moana91 on Oct 01, 2020, 01:50 AM
Yes, he said in an interview that they had worked with "11 people", so I think it's safe to say that nor Back to School or The Boy's Republic will be on the record.

ALSO:

Abe said that prior to the pandemic they were preparing to do a few shows playing the entire album live.

Can you source that? In an ninterview I posted in the interviews thread, Abe said they briefly touched it but no more than that.

B_S_79

ALSO:

They used to do the intro of Pink Maggit a lot during the ATF touring cycle. They would do it before BQAD. I remember thinking how awesome it was, and I nearly shit my pants when I heard it on White Pony.

Inkblades

It's cool if they don't remix The Boy's Republic, but it BETTER be on the reissue.

Vesanic

Quote from: B_S_79 on Oct 02, 2020, 06:06 AM

ALSO:

They used to do the intro of Pink Maggit a lot during the ATF touring cycle. They would do it before BQAD. I remember thinking how awesome it was, and I nearly shit my pants when I heard it on White Pony.

Agreed. They did from the House of Fur 98 tour on, they played it at most of the shows in 1999 as well. Every time they talk about the White Pony process, they say they played "Korea" live first, before they released the album. It's not true, they never mention the "Pink Maggit" interlude, which they have played a lot more times than they have played the demo version of "Korea". It's just odd. Maybe they just forgot?

Add to that the fact they haven't played the actual "Pink Maggit" more than twice live, this song is one of the biggest mysteries ever in rock music. The fact pandemic hit as they were preparing to play the album live, including that song, almost makes you want to believe someone did it on purpose.  ;D

Moana91

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 02, 2020, 06:03 AM

ALSO:

Can you source that? In an ninterview I posted in the interviews thread, Abe said they briefly touched it but no more than that.

Yes sir:

https://youtu.be/h4dx5S6aaQ4

It's the answer to the first question.
Good evening... and welcome to the white pony

Vesanic

Cheers! I can't believe we were finally going to get to hear the almighty Maggit live. To be honest I don't think they'll do it next year or whenever they tour again.

Gaz

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 02, 2020, 10:58 AM
Cheers! I can't believe we were finally going to get to hear the almighty Maggit live. To be honest I don't think they'll do it next year or whenever they tour again.

Monumental, I cannot wait for that. I know Chino has said in interviews he would feel a little strange doing a live stream set, but I reckon it would be cool if they did it for White Pony

Visionz

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 02, 2020, 10:58 AM
Youre prob right.... may not make sense to them to do it after the 20th anniversary year. We all know theyre not touring this year. Damn

Visionz

And.... Covid had to prevent good things like Deftones touring on 3 big anniversarys if u count Adrenaline being 25 in with WP and DE. Same damned year. We got an album from em at least. Glass half full

LG95

I wonder when we'll hear anything about this.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

We'll have to hear about it soon if it's coming out in November.

Visionz

Dang. What a year for us as in new Deftones. It really is the best thing to happen this year. Cannot wait for this project. Still enjoying the fuck outta Ohms also

only pieces remain

There's no way this is still coming out this year.

Hidalgo

Quote from: only pieces remain on Oct 17, 2020, 04:33 PM
There’s no way this is still coming out this year.
sure it can, we only got like 36 days notice when Ohms was officially announced, and this one is just a remix album so it might not even need that much notice(not as important, at all) lots of time to still make it out this year. i think it'll happen, but might be mid dec

Visionz

Wasn't November mentioned by someone in the know? Chino? Idk

LG95

Yeah Chino mentioned November.

I'm expecting it to come out this year. The point is to commemorate twenty years of White Pony.
I could float here forever

Visionz

Quote from: LG95 on Oct 17, 2020, 10:01 PM
Yeah Chino mentioned November.

I'm expecting it to come out this year. The point is to commemorate twenty years of White Pony.

Damn right. Good point

Vesanic

imbrie

Really looking forward to this. Anticipate a release date announcement pretty soon if it's coming this year.