Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

I get they don't like BTS. Fine, whatever. What's the thought process leaving TBR off, though? First of all, it's better than half the songs on the actual album.

LG95

I'm surprised people expected TBR to be on there. My guess is that part of the point of doing this is to hit home the original, intended eleven song album, rather than the reissue edition that lots of people know. I'd have been surprised if either TBR or BTS had shown up on it.

I'd just like them to put TBR as a standalone song on streaming services. Along with Lovers and Can't Even Breathe, now I think about it.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: LG95 on Nov 01, 2020, 11:14 PM
I'm surprised people expected TBR to be on there. My guess is that part of the point of doing this is to hit home the original, intended eleven song album, rather than the reissue edition that lots of people know. I'd have been surprised if either TBR or BTS had shown up on it.

I'd just like them to put TBR as a standalone song on streaming services. Along with Lovers and Can't Even Breathe, now I think about it.

I'm not so much surprised as I am disappointed.

LG95

Inkblades

I'd definitely settle for it being put on streaming.

kurtone

I'd say we're lucky we're even getting a remix album. The bands never really gone the extra mile for anything lol

Visionz

Quote from: kurtone on Nov 02, 2020, 01:53 AM
I'd say we're lucky we're even getting a remix album. The bands never really gone the extra mile for anything lol

THE BAND imo went the extra mile on bsidesnrarities..... and a very nice little package it came in TBH. Just the first thing that popped in my head naturally. It's one of my favorite batches of music they have compiled and the best jacket/booklet from them as well. I actually can't think of a whole shit ton of great bands or artists that have gone that kind of extra mile especially in between two great albums

Martin

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: Martin on Nov 03, 2020, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know anything about this '24 page book' that's included?

Yes, I know something about the 24 page book. It's about the Deftones.  ;)

If the Deftones were to have TBR and BTS remixed my votes would be:

1. The Boys Republic (Kevin Shields Remix).
2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.

nicklav

Quote from: Sal_Ameigh on Nov 04, 2020, 02:04 AM

2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.

Chino isn't really a fan of modern hip-hop so I doubt that second one would ever come to pass.

Draken

1. The Boys Republic (Kevin Shields Remix).  :D YESSS!
2. Back To School (Wheezy Remix). Would be cool if the remix also had additional vocals by Roddy Ricch or Lil Uzi Vert.  :P POOPOO YUCKY EW

Visionz

Quote from: nicklav on Nov 04, 2020, 11:23 PM

Chino isn't really a fan of modern hip-hop so I doubt that second one would ever come to pass.

What makes you think that? I'm definitely not a fan myself but I have heard Chino express that he likes all kinds of stuff pop and hip-hop of today. Nothing specific but I can't recall any time he said he doesn't like modern hip-hop. He doesn't really shit on anything

nicklav

Quote from: Visionz on Nov 05, 2020, 01:07 AM

What makes you think that? I'm definitely not a fan myself but I have heard Chino express that he likes all kinds of stuff pop and hip-hop of today. Nothing specific but I can't recall any time he said he doesn't like modern hip-hop. He doesn't really shit on anything

In a recent interview he said he doesn't like current stuff. I'll see if I can find it.

Visionz

Quote from: nicklav on Nov 05, 2020, 05:15 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Nov 05, 2020, 01:07 AM

In a recent interview he said he doesn't like current stuff. I'll see if I can find it.

No big deal, i believe ya.

mandalay

Quote from: Visionz on Nov 02, 2020, 03:30 AM

THE BAND imo went the extra mile on bsidesnrarities..... and a very nice little package it came in TBH. Just the first thing that popped in my head naturally. It's one of my favorite batches of music they have compiled and the best jacket/booklet from them as well. I actually can't think of a whole shit ton of great bands or artists that have gone that kind of extra mile especially in between two great albums
That's b/c Rhino Records released B-Sides & Rarities.  It's a subsidiary of WMG, but more more boutique than factory.

Vesanic

Quote from: mandalay on Nov 06, 2020, 05:06 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Nov 02, 2020, 03:30 AM

That's b/c Rhino Records released B-Sides & Rarities.  It's a subsidiary of WMG, but more more boutique than factory.

That's interesting

sharinglungs

New song from black stallion premiering Friday night at 9;12 pm Pst

punkflop01

New song out? Just got a notification from itunes but can't download it right now

LG95

Quote from: punkflop01 on Nov 12, 2020, 09:12 PM
New song out? Just got a notification from itunes but can't download it right now
The Passenger remix is out at midnight.