Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungdamage

Transcribed his verse:
'Yo, being a passenger isnt always easy.... the outside is freezing.... lately my minds been bleeding... so i keep reading.. writing my ryhmes...just looking... looking for a sign... to keep my heart beating... my hand on the window ..lungs full of endo - you look at me, yo, i look back at you, i know ya...you know me too    /whispers ... mike shinoda

lungdamage

I'm not sure if i typed it correctly.

Inkblades

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 12, 2020, 09:58 PM
Transcribed his verse:
'Yo, being a passenger isnt always easy....

LMAO oh no, how embarrassing.

lungdamage

I just want to hear Squarepushers remix of pink maggit so badly :)

Also Inkblades your inbox is full

LG95

Wait, that verse is a pisstake, yeah? I laughed out loud at that, lungdamage.
I could float here forever

lungdamage

'Mike we need you to come in and overdub some '...AND YO's', there's a car coming to pick you up and take you the airport, you have to be at the studio this evening...OR WE ARE FUCKED'.

ps - Everyone don't worry Shinoda doesn't rap on it. Imagine how tilting that would have been.  Having said that, I listened to it the first time in state of fear for most the song.

lungdamage

Quote from: LG95 on Nov 12, 2020, 11:04 PM
Yeah I just wrote the first thing that came into my head. ' There wasn't enough 'and yo's for it to be a true Shinoda verse... I didn't want anyone to flip out.                    I replaced a line that had 'in the end tho'                  with the endo one to make it seem like it was bullshit. To not freak everyone out hah

LG95

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 12, 2020, 11:06 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Nov 12, 2020, 11:04 PM
Yeah I just wrote the first thing that came into my head. ' There wasn't enough 'and yo's for it to be a true Shindo verse... I didn't want anyone to flip out.                    I replaced a line that had 'in the end tho'                  with the endo one to make it seem like it was bullshit. To not freak everyone out hah
Haha I thought that was the case but then Inkblades responded and I briefly thought he might've done that...

lungdamage

I tried to inbox him to say i was joking straight away... but it was full :) /shakes head

A facebook group got a second whole verse too :) I told them I was just joking after people got worried.

Having said that.... I think someone else should have done this track. Just my opinion.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the remixes though.

Vesanic

LG95

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 12, 2020, 11:52 PM
That remix is pretty good tbh
It sounded great in the preview trailer the other week.

Vesanic

I'm very surprised, I was let down by Knife Party. This is pretty damn great.

If you pay attention you can spot a couple of vocal stems not present in the original version of Passenger. Definitely Chino from then though.

LG95

They're making me wait for that Robert Smith one.

lungdamage

I like the knife prty RMX better. I wish they got M83 on this remix album. That M83 remix of Rocket Skates was SO GOOD.

lungdamage

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 12, 2020, 11:56 PM
I'm very surprised, I was let down by Knife Party. This is pretty damn great.

If you pay attention you can spot a couple of vocal stems not present in the original version of Passenger. Definitely Chino from then though.

Interesting. @Ves I think we will get a bit more of that throughout - as everyone involved would have all been sent all the stems and all extra material from the recording session for each track to remix with. Should be great stuff on it. Gun to my head, these are my two least favourite songs off WP - even though I love the whole thing. Should be interesting to see what different artists do with the rest of it.

I'll give it a few more listens.... Like i said i was in fear mode... hoping for no shinoda verse :)

Inkblades

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 12, 2020, 10:48 PM
I just want to hear Squarepushers remix of pink maggit so badly :)

Also Inkblades your inbox is full

Roger, cleared.

Vesanic

Vesanic

Leak rules for Ohms are an obvious understatement here.

No leaks allowed. No links to leaks. No PM requests for leaks. Fail to respect those rules and see how you deal with a ban.

You want the stuff? Of course you do. You love the band? Of course you do. In just two easy clicks, you can listen to it and give them some money all the while: stream it on their official socials or buy the release from affiliated sellers.

Thank you.

sharinglungs

That remix was pretty damn good, i'm excited for Black Stallion now... can't wait to hear the rest of the remixes.