Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playhouse

You're a star, You blaze

mono

Initially, I found it "simple". Maybe it will grow with a few more listens

endstand

Actually I wouldn't even call it a remix.
hello memory lover, you are mine

LG95

Honestly love that. Really added something to the feel of the track. Feels bigger, more otherworldly, stranger. Yeah it's a fairly simple reworking but I think it changes the tone of the song enough to work. It's a hard song to remix.
I could float here forever

lungdamage

Inkblades

I like the piano. I'll have to really listen up to hear Robert Smith's vocals.

LG95

That piano is a wonderful addition.

rainnyx4

What I've heard so far, these remixes, like most remixes, have been pretty lackluster and pointless. Would've preferred a tribute album to the band (even if it were just WP) with a diverse set of artists providing their takes. Imagine The Cure covering one of their songs.

mrpelon94

has anybody who pre-ordered received a download link for  the teenager remix

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Dec 04, 2020, 04:02 AM
has anybody who pre-ordered received a download link for  the teenager remix

I did 2 hours ago.

Hidalgo

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 03, 2020, 09:54 PM
What I've heard so far, these remixes, like most remixes, have been pretty lackluster and pointless. Would've preferred a tribute album to the band (even if it were just WP) with a diverse set of artists providing their takes. Imagine The Cure covering one of their songs.
i agree. it's cool that they're doing this, but it's not exciting or anything. just a simple remix album. i don't even think about this release hardly at all. i doubt i'll even buy it this month. gotta spend my money on presents for my 5 year old girl this month. black stallion will be on the backburner though, but no hurry (Ohms was the big exciting release)

some names i'd like to hear cover them in a tribute album. the cure, rob zombie, marilyn manson, megadeth, nin, smashing pumpkins, faith no more, korn, color film, a perfect circle, depeche mode, weezer, ice nine kills, ghost, cky, etc

LG95

Prefer a remix album tbh.

Genuinely think the Teenager remix might be better than the original. The vocals are more intimate in the mix, the piano is a great additional layer to the song, and there's more atmosphere added which makes it feel spacier.

Visionz

Quote from: LG95 on Dec 04, 2020, 04:55 PM
Prefer a remix album tbh.

Genuinely think the Teenager remix might be better than the original. The vocals are more intimate in the mix, the piano is a great additional layer to the song, and there's more atmosphere added which makes it feel spacier.

I like it better than the original also but the "Idiot" version is pretty great too. Feel like there is 4 versions now? Am i thinking  of a live or acoustic version ive forgotten about as the fourth one?

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Dec 03, 2020, 09:54 PM
Would've preferred a tribute album to the band (even if it were just WP) with a diverse set of artists providing their takes. Imagine The Cure covering one of their songs.

Would prefer Deftones release a new single or multiple new singles via streaming vs. hearing a tribute album.

At least a single song where Abe uses double bass drums. In typical Deftones loud/quiet dynamics where the double bass comes in for the loud part, of course with Chino screams. The song doesn't even have to be fast or complex.  Just heavy.

Deftones are kind of an old school band though. They seem more interested releasing a whole album of songs rather than release a 1 digital single between albums like other types of modern artists or bands from different genres would.  :'(

Be cool if Deftones released like 4 or 5 songs at different times via streaming then released a physical EP later on with all of the songs.

LG95

Apparently the Squarepusher remix of Pink Maggit is ten minutes long.

Vesanic

I don't mean to go against the grain although it seems like I usually do that. It's just my favorite remix so far. I can't believe the backlash.

There's gotta be something to this instant-gratification era we're living. It's a very subtle remix and an excellent one imo. Chino's unfiltered vocals are the cherry on top.

imbrie

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 05, 2020, 02:23 AM
I don't mean to go against the grain although it seems like I usually do that. It's just my favorite remix so far. I can't believe the backlash.

There's gotta be something to this instant-gratification era we're living. It's a very subtle remix and an excellent one imo. Chino's unfiltered vocals are the cherry on top.

Yep, I like it. No complaint from me!

Draken

Eh

more of a stripped down version really, still happy it and the rest of the album exists. Won't complain about something that I neither I hate nor love. It's not going to be my favorite I guess... Ok DJ Shadow, you're up. Let's see what you can do...

Sal_Ameigh

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Dec 03, 2020, 10:23 AM
https://youtu.be/mTxKkYDw704

Deftones - Teenager  (Robert Smith Remix)

It's good. Would've sounded really cool with a really slow modulated sub-bass too like you hear in Rap.