Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Black Stallion (White Pony remix album)

Started by Vesanic, Jun 17, 2020, 11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharinglungs

I hope this album is available tomorrow...

imbrie

Quote from: sharinglungs on Dec 09, 2020, 09:25 PM
I hope this album is available tomorrow...

I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

LG95

I could float here forever

Vesanic

Quote from: LG95 on Dec 09, 2020, 10:59 PM
It will be.

Well it's less than 24 hours until it's officially released in New Zealand, so...

At least that one won't leak before an official release! Hopefully

mrpelon94

anybody get their preorders delivered yet?..... I got a tracking number but cant locates the package?....maaan some of us are probably gonna get it late ha ......

Martin

I caved, and went for the special edition bundle. Now to wait until somewhere next year for it to arrive, something cool to look forward to.

Vesanic

Quote from: Martin on Dec 10, 2020, 11:15 AM
I caved, and went for the special edition bundle. Now to wait until somewhere next year for it to arrive, something cool to look forward to.

Tell me about it. I got the Revolver one.

LG95

Please send me a private message with the link to the leak of the new Deftones remix album.

I don't need it. Obviously.

Penicks

the street carp and change remixes are alright

LG95

Just listened to the 'original' version of Pink Maggit and that spoken word sample is there when the opening guitar part returns at the 5:50 mark.

Slacker

Vesanic

Seems to me Pony on this release is the version from the studio collection, not the OG.

imbrie

Has WP been remastered for this release or is it a straight up reissue?

mono

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 10, 2020, 05:04 PM
Seems to me Pony on this release is the version from the studio collection, not the OG.

Yes, the ending of passenger is the studio collection one

Vesanic

Quote from: imbrie on Dec 10, 2020, 05:25 PM

Both? I mean, the albums in the Studio Collection are all, if my ears aren't playing tricks on me, pitched up by a tiny bit. A few songs have added details too.

For White Pony, Street Carp has added vocals on the ending fade out, Passenger has added vocals on the very last section, and Pink Maggit has an added monologue at the end. I'm not sure there's any other differences.

So it's not anything new, but it's not exactly the release from 2000 either.

mono

Was expecting more of the Korea remix, it can be literally any song

imbrie

Quote from: Vesanic on Dec 10, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Dec 10, 2020, 05:25 PM

Both? I mean, the albums in the Studio Collection are all, if my ears aren't playing tricks on me, pitched up by a tiny bit. A few songs have added details too.

For White Pony, Street Carp has added vocals on the ending fade out, Passenger has added vocals on the very last section, and Pink Maggit has an added monologue at the end. I'm not sure there's any other differences.

So it's not anything new, but it's not exactly the release from 2000 either.

That's interesting - thanks for illuminating me as I haven't listened to the Studio Collection so had no idea at all that there were some differences.

imbrie

I've only had a very quick listen to Black Stallion and the track that stood out most to me was Phantogram's take on Street Carp. Definitely a track I'll return to - like the way they've turned the song into something else while remaining obviously Street Carp. If you know what I mean.

Generally, it's an interesting concept and certainly holds curiosity value but not sure how much I'll revisit in the future with the exception of Street Carp.

Playhouse

You're a star, You blaze