Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

Quote from: mono on Aug 20, 2020, 05:54 PM
Finally hearing Sergio, good work TD

Sergio was one of the most notable things on Gore. Haven't heard the new stuff yet, but I don't think TD is required to hear Sergio.

Iwazaru

Quote from: sanchez94 on Aug 20, 2020, 05:45 PM
Quote from: macalmx on Aug 20, 2020, 05:37 PM
Quote from: sanchez94 on Aug 20, 2020, 05:34 PM
Quote from: macalmx on Aug 20, 2020, 05:32 PM
Quote from: sanchez94 on Aug 20, 2020, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY_a-5kd94M

On the official Deftones YouTube....

video unavailable

Yeah its region blocked apparently, sorry about that. Got all excited for a sec thinking everyone could share in the new 'tones

is it the single?

Yep. Autogen'd by YT and region blocked(time limited I would assume), but its the single nonetheless.
Video becomes automatically available when your area hits midnight/friday. Therefore it's only available in a few countries right now.
I am so at risk of being late at work tomorrow.

Penicks

song didn't click on first listen, kind of reminds me of pittura infamente which is a big meh. we'll see in a month when i hear it again after following 9 other songs

ghostofemilydickinson

The cover has me conflicted. Asthetically, and in terms of a Deftones cover, I really do like it. It sets a certain tone and is both pretty and menacing at the same time (as all things Deftones should be). But at the same time, it's sort of disappointing because it looks like someone spent 5 minutes in Microsoft Paint and BAM there's your cover.

kroko

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 20, 2020, 05:48 PM
And we're 100% positive that the eyes art is not the Olms single art????
I thought about that for a split second. A few people kept saying it wasn't the eyes.

Pink_Sands

I guess I'll be the first one to say it - I do not like the new song. Maybe it was my own foolish expectation thinking the last song on the album would be "heavy" or another "Pink Maggit", but I honestly thought the main riff was a joke at first. This sounds like something that could've dropped with Gore. I am super happy for everyone who clicks with the song immediately, but I am definitely not one of those people.  :-\

sharinglungs

I think Genesis or ceremony will be a single, what the next one will be, who knows, maybe Headless?

macalmx

Quote from: Pink_Sands on Aug 20, 2020, 06:00 PM
I guess I'll be the first one to say it - I do not like the new song. Maybe it was my own foolish expectation thinking the last song on the album would be "heavy" or another "Pink Maggit", but I honestly thought the main riff was a joke at first. This sounds like something that could've dropped with Gore. I am super happy for everyone who clicks with the song immediately, but I am definitely not one of those people.  :-\

it's deftones, so you'll probably love it a few years from now

Pink_Sands

Quote from: macalmx on Aug 20, 2020, 06:04 PM

it's deftones, so you'll probably love it a few years from now

I hope you're right!

ghostofemilydickinson

Not sure about the main riff, but the little fill/lead in at the start felt cheesy to me. But I do like to hear the guys having fun...which is why I don't mind Gore nearly as much as other people.

GR1X7S

I would love a textured vinyl jacket for this album

Iwazaru

It's not the most amazing song I've ever heard, far from it, but it's alright. I was prepared for something far heavier since the album had been advertized as such compared to the 2010's releases. Not gonna make any more assumptions until the album release so I don't disappoint myself from too much hype.

Vesanic

Pink Maggit was a one in a million. Untoppable, then and forever.

FatherUppercut

what region is the song available in on YT?

Vesanic

mono

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 20, 2020, 05:59 PM
song didn't click on first listen, kind of reminds me of pittura infamente which is a big meh. we'll see in a month when i hear it again after following 9 other songs

I had the same feeling with the release of prayers/triangles. But with the tame, it grew up in a very good way. Maybe just wait some time

buflen

Quote from: Iwazaru on Aug 20, 2020, 06:08 PM
It's not the most amazing song I've ever heard, far from it, but it's alright. I was prepared for something far heavier since the album had been advertized as such compared to the 2010's releases. Not gonna make any more assumptions until the album release so I don't disappoint myself from too much hype.
Not having any expectations is the best way to enjoy something. You can only blame yourself if you visualize what you want in your head and expect that I made that mistake too many times with deftones. Songs more than alright. I MUCH prefer this over anything on Gore

macalmx

Quote from: Iwazaru on Aug 20, 2020, 06:08 PM

Well I don't think they would drop the heaviest shit as a first single.

FatherUppercut

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 06:10 PM
Regions where it's Friday.

ahh, derp. Thank you. If you guys have a VPN, jump on an Australian server and you can listen to the single

RadioFriendlyUnitShifter

First impressions:  Vocally it's Chino in his safe zone (I'll never complain about his vocals... ever). I dig the lyrics. Musically the bass and drums sound Deftones, but Steph definitely experiments with new sounds which is exciting. I didn't catch much from Frank, honestly, but may have missed it.

It isn't a mind blowing song, but I wouldn't quite call it "safe" bc of that guitar. It makes perfect sense as a first single... despite it being a closer which is a weird choice. All in all, I really like it, and will be playing the shit out of it... but most excited to hear what's next.