Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roidragee

I hope Genesis or This Link is Dead are the 2nd single if there will be a second one in 2-3 weeks

976-EVIL

Seems in the Kerang piece it was mentioned the first track was incredible.

So at midnight in any given time zone the single will be on Spotify?
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 20, 2020, 11:20 PM

Midnight in your timezone I think... I don't know if it's the same for the US or if the US is just midnight edt for the whole country.

For me that would be 1am edt

976-EVIL

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 20, 2020, 11:21 PM

Midnight in your timezone I think... I don't know if it's the same for the US or if the US is just midnight edt for the whole country.

Thanks Brother! Just loaded the app, so technically challenged it kills me. Will it be on iTunes for purchase as part of the Album pre-order I wonder?

Matthewtheloser

For new releases on Spotify, they release at 12am EDT all across the US. I know, because I'll usually listen to a new album at around 9pm the night before it drops.

Matthewtheloser

So in other words, the single should be up on Spotify in  about 7 and a half hours

kurtone

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 20, 2020, 11:25 PM

For new releases on Spotify, they release at 12am EDT all across the US. I know, because I'll usually listen to a new album at around 9pm the night before it drops.

Same with Apple Music. I've always got stuff at 10pm mountain time the night before.

976-EVIL

Appreciate you fellas, love this board!

buflen

Quote from: trolles on Aug 20, 2020, 11:13 PM
Quote from: buflen on Aug 20, 2020, 11:01 PM
I really disagree with this song being too catchy. I borderline feel it's not catchy enough for a single to become a hit, which I personally don't care.

I don't know, it was too easy for me to get into the song, that is not usually the case with Deftones. I hope I am wrong and the song grows on me instead of becoming boring.
I felt like that with Swerve City when i first listened to it, and still feel like the same about it. The melody and riff was so much simpler than on this song.

E-Money

I'm really enjoying the track so far but very bummed that they gave us the album closer as a single. That just doesn't make any sense.

Matthewtheloser

Swerve City has grown on me A LOT, especially within the last year or so. I used to think it was kind of an underwhelming opener, but I find myself throwing it on much more, more often than a track like say Diamond Eyes, which in contrast I loved at the time it came out. I think I just realized I'm not a big fan of that bouncy opening riff on Swerve City, but I've come to realize that I literally love every other part of that song.

nicklav

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 20, 2020, 11:38 PM
I'm really enjoying the track so far but very bummed that they gave us the album closer as a single. That just doesn't make any sense.

Same. One of the most exciting parts of a new Deftones record for me is getting to that last track at the end of a full listen.

Vesanic

Quote from: ozzcar on Aug 20, 2020, 09:12 PM

This is so on point. The only attempt at cracking that convinces me tbh

Draken

This Link is Dead - This Place is Death

Radiant City - Swerve City

GR1X7S

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 11:41 PM
Quote from: ozzcar on Aug 20, 2020, 09:12 PM

This is so on point. The only attempt at cracking that convinces me tbh

I saw this one on Reddit and I haven't been able to look at the cover art any other way since..

Matthewtheloser

I've actually seen this become a trend for the last few years bands to drop the closer as a single, at least with a lot of bands I listen to. Usually I'm against it because the last track tends to be the most cinematic and adventurous on most albums, so it definitely softens the blow of an album when it drops. But it might not be to bad in this case. As someone pointed out before, I could see this song as being more of an "epilogue", like it might follow the song that is the true gargantuan song in the track list (so maybe that's what Headless will be?).

Inkblades

I think Abe also hinted at that in the Kerrang article:

"There always is," admits Abe, solemnly. "He's a source of inspiration who is thought about daily. He's always around."

E-Money

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 20, 2020, 11:41 PM

Same. One of the most exciting parts of a new Deftones record for me is getting to that last track at the end of a full listen.

Exactly. Their album closers are the most important songs to me and have been my favorite songs on the last six records. And I'm not saying this is a bad album closer. I just did not want to hear this first. It's a gorgeous song. Chorus is absolutely beautiful. Chino sounds very innocent I love it. Almost like some of the softer parts on around the fur. I'm even getting  A little bit of the boys Republic chorus ... This really shows how bad the production was on Gore. Which is a shame.

Inkblades

Yeah, imagine if Terry produced Gore. People would be raving about it.

Vesanic

Edited  8)