"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GR1X7S

Check ther social media. A video for Ohms is coming soon as well

mrpelon94

the new Ohms video premiers in 7 hours on youtube

Draken

"Urantia" as the name of the planet Earth and states that its intent is to "present enlarged concepts and advanced truth."

Well technically he hasn't said 'Earth' yet...

Inkblades

Inkblades

So, I'm guessing their website will be updated within the next day with preorders. The merch bundles should be interesting.

Hidalgo

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Aug 20, 2020, 11:53 PM
really they made a video for it?

Draken

I wish they would do covers and b-sides again for this release.

nicklav

Ves, your post has me so fucking hyped I can't believe it. I think the same things about DE KNY Gore so that's real exciting.

nicklav

Quote from: Draken on Aug 20, 2020, 11:59 PM

They might still, we don't know for sure.

Draken

Drop-Dead

Official music video for "Ohms."

Join us:
21:00 Los Angeles
23:00 Mexico City
00:00 New York City
01:00 São Paulo
05:00 London
06:00 Berlin

@

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDbj0oeAj0

sharinglungs

Id guess midnight edt website update

HURRIANCE_6ASS

Draken

If Ohms is the Moana of this album then we are in for a real treat.

@Vesanic your post has me super stoked to hear the rest of this album.

Sleeping_Giant

Simple question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

I'm asking because I'm a bit surprised they choose Ohms as a single. Nothing against the song, it's great and mostly probably I will fall in love with that song in few years :D But comparing to all other first singles...it's just "OK".

LG95

Their videos are the one aspect of Deftones I never really care about seeing. Maybe this one will be alright.

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 20, 2020, 11:59 PM
Quote from: mrpelon94 on Aug 20, 2020, 11:53 PM
really they made a video for it?
I doubt it'll be a performance video.
I could float here forever

sharinglungs

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 21, 2020, 12:06 AM
Simply question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

I'm asking because I'm a bit surprised they choose Ohms as a single. Nothing against the song, it's great and mostly probably I will fall in love with that song in few years :D But comparing to all other first singles...it's just "OK".

It is  not. And that's not a bad thing. I love Ohms, but it's not top tier, at least for me.

Hidalgo

Quote from: Draken on Aug 20, 2020, 11:59 PM
oh i know, we haven't gotten a proper b-side since "lovers" in 2003. there was supposedly one for Diamond eyes, "crest", but i guess it was never properly recorded/mixed/mastered. Vesanic heard them jamming it in warm up before a show, if i remember correctly. that's about all we know of it. i don't count consider "smile" a b-side. since it's part of Eros. give us a new b-side fellas, it's going on 20 years!

LG95

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 21, 2020, 12:06 AM
Simply question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

Ohms was one of my least favourites probably. And I love it.

I know the passages Ves is talking about btw (I think we might have discussed them weeks ago via PM?)
I could float here forever

E-Money

Yea time won't change tho... it's promise we made...

Love the way that line lays on top of the music. Really beautiful stuff. It's like up beat and groovy as hell but still kinda has that hopeless feel to it... like something is bothering Chino. What a great day!!