Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 21, 2020, 12:09 AM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 21, 2020, 12:06 AM
Simply question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

I'm asking because I'm a bit surprised they choose Ohms as a single. Nothing against the song, it's great and mostly probably I will fall in love with that song in few years :D But comparing to all other first singles...it's just "OK".
Ohms was one of my least favourites probably. And I love it.

I know the passages Ves is talking about btw (I think we might have discussed them weeks ago via PM?)

Yes. And I agree about Ohms. Strong song, it's just such a weird pick. It feels as if they chose Moana to promote the S/T.

Roidragee

Simple question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

I'm asking because I'm a bit surprised they choose Ohms as a single. Nothing against the song, it's great and mostly probably I will fall in love with that song in few years :D But comparing to all other first singles...it's just "OK".
The other songs sound almost nothing like this so don't worry. Even though Ohms is good, there are way more standouts in other tracks

LG95

Quote from: E-Money on Aug 21, 2020, 12:10 AM
Yea time won't change tho... it's promise we made...

Love the way that line lays on top of the music. Really beautiful stuff. It's like up beat and groovy as hell but still kinda has that hopeless feel to it... like something is bothering Chino. What a great day!!
My favourite part of the song. Chino, Abe, Stef and Sergio all go in on that part. Gets me so hyped.
I could float here forever

Draken

When they talked about covering Elvis I was like... um.. but then I realized that might be dope. Then they were like "nah, fans expect that shit so we're not doing it" and I was super bummed. Lovers was awesome, I would LOVE to hear Crest. DE had some really cool covers, what would you all like to hear them cover?

Vesanic

I feel this is the most often I've seen drop-dead online since I first found out about this board  ;D

kleptoned

Draken

It's a pretty special time, over ten years since Chi's accident, Terry Date is back, talks of WP remix album and Eros EP.

As for covers, this has Deftones and Chino written ALL OVER IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1dsrTg1fAY

sharinglungs

They picked the right song to open the album with. that's all.

Edit: I think it's the closest song to sound like lovers... And I love it for that.

E-Money

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 21, 2020, 12:12 AM
Quote from: E-Money on Aug 21, 2020, 12:10 AM
Yea time won't change tho... it's promise we made...

Love the way that line lays on top of the music. Really beautiful stuff. It's like up beat and groovy as hell but still kinda has that hopeless feel to it... like something is bothering Chino. What a great day!!
My favourite part of the song. Chino, Abe, Stef and Sergio all go in on that part. Gets me so hyped.

Hell yea man love it!! Also love the tempo change in the intro and that first major snare hit!! Hello Terry 😈

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Great day full of news, tracklist, single and video premiere. Now all we need are bundles and hopefully with it some bonus tracks. The only kinda meh or negative thing about this new album is the artwork that in my honest opinion seems like a 10 years old made it, with that said I hope I'm not ruining anyone's parade.

RaptureWS

Simple question for those who heard "the leaks" - is OHMS the top tier song on the record ? Or are there some gems which will blow our minds ?

I love the new track. LOVE it. Maybe my 2nd fav single/song drop of the Sergio era, 2nd to Leathers.

That said, I would say it does not fully represent the album (one Deftones song never would anyways). For those wondering/hoping for those dark sounds everyone has been mentioning....they are there. And they will be glorious. No one knows how anyone else will feel about the new album. That said, I think it's reasonable for you all to get pretty hyped for this album ;)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

976-EVIL

Agreed! Really hoping for a "deluxe" edition like with Diamond Eyes. Extra tracks/Covers whatever!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Inkblades

Like I said before - you ain't heard NOTHING yet.

Draken

Ya'll stop making my nipples hard.

Moz La Punk

Oof you're making the month long wait unbearable!

Inkblades

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Aug 21, 2020, 12:28 AM
Great day full of news, tracklist, single and video premiere. Now all we need are bundles and hopefully with it some bonus tracks. The only kinda meh or negative thing about this new album is the artwork that in my honest opinion seems like a 10 years old made it, with that said I hope I'm not ruining anyone's parade.

I'd love a deluxe version with the two leftover songs as bonus tracks, but I doubt it. I think Deftones are really a "what you see is what you get" kinda band.

nicklav

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 12:47 AM
Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Aug 21, 2020, 12:28 AM

I'd love a deluxe version with the two leftover songs as bonus tracks, but I doubt it. I think Deftones are really a "what you see is what you get" kinda band.

I don't know, at least half the albums have had hidden tracks, b-sides, and/or covers of some sort or another. That hasn't been the trend lately but maybe they've gone back.

ConcealingFate92

Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

There Will Be Blood

What a great day! New deftones music, video coming at midnight, Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers. Doesn't get any better then this friends!

RaptureWS

I'm excited to hear Radiant City. Swerve City is my favorite Deftones song title ever. So much so, it has been my gamertag since the moment I saw it. Ugh I can't wait!!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.