Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChubbyChino

The art of this video is so fucking good. I'm not hyping, I really think it's outstanding, it's their best video so far. Many of these frames would be amazing album covers.

Kudos to rafatoon, if you search for it you'll find more of his work on youtube.

thatdeftkid

Ohms is going to take Deftones' popularity to another level, just watch.

976-EVIL

Dear God, still processing here...FUCK!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

ChubbyChino

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:23 AM
Quote from: SMLiberator on Aug 21, 2020, 07:18 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 07:12 AM
Bundles are up:

https://preorder.deftones.com/

I didn't dig the art that much at first, but its really grown on me now. It looks fantastic on the merch.
it's growing on me for sure. i like the big black outlines on the album cover as well

I also didn't like it at all at first, but after I found out it's Chi's eyes it became special!

Hidalgo

oh i counted 9 strings on Sephen's guitar in the video, so if there was any doubt, he's using a 9 string for sure. man i love that video

all3n_y

Quote from: Mikeyyyyy on Aug 21, 2020, 07:39 AM
My hat bundle says $48.98 then when you add it to the cart it jumps to $74.98  :'(

I believe it's $48.98 with the CD. Because you're getting the vinyl, that's what jacks up the price.

Hidalgo

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 07:40 AM
The filmography of this video is so fucking good. I'm not hyping, I really think it's outstanding, it's their best video so far. Many of these frames would be amazing album covers.

Kudos to rafatoon, if you search for it you'll find more of his work on youtube.
i agree. artistically it's the best video they've made, or right up there top 3 or so. great job, i was not excited for the video because i figured it would be their typical run of the mill video, but wow, this thing is great. all videos from now on should be with Rafatoon

Hidalgo

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
Bundles are up:

I didn't dig the art that much at first, but its really grown on me now. It looks fantastic on the merch.
it's growing on me for sure. i like the big black outlines on the album cover as well

I also didn't like it at all at first, but after I found out it's Chi's eyes it became special!
is it confirmed that it's Chi's eyes?

Mikeyyyyy

Quote from: all3n_y on Aug 21, 2020, 07:49 AM
Quote from: Mikeyyyyy on Aug 21, 2020, 07:39 AM
My hat bundle says $48.98 then when you add it to the cart it jumps to $74.98  :'(

I believe it's $48.98 with the CD. Because you're getting the vinyl, that's what jacks up the price.

Ohhhhhhhhh! That makes sense. Bought it anyway :)

ChubbyChino

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 21, 2020, 07:52 AM
Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 AM
Bundles are up:

is it confirmed that it's Chi's eyes?

Not confirmed, but it matches that picture perfectly.

Vanby

Probably tied with Sextape for my favorite vid.

Sextape looks gorgeous if you have one of the phone 3d veiwer things (or I guess actual VR headsets) and watch it on youtube vr so it's just all you can see. just looks so great.

trolles

[/quote]
I felt like that with Swerve City when i first listened to it, and still feel like the same about it.
[/quote]

I hope that happens with Ohms to me!

RaptureWS

Quote from: Vanby on Aug 21, 2020, 08:07 AM
Probably tied with Sextape for my favorite vid.

Sextape looks gorgeous if you have one of the phone 3d veiwer things (or I guess actual VR headsets) and watch it on youtube vr so it's just all you can see. just looks so great.

Yeah Sextape was my fav Deftones video by far....but this one is right up there. Two wildy different styles though. Overall I am incredibly impressed with this video. And honestly this entire album rollout. Now I see why they were sooo adamant about keeping shit under wraps. They really had something special planned. It's been an amazing week!
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

SianMX

Just watched the video which was my first listen of the song (except Apple music preview). Wow....so excited for the album, well even more excited!!!!!!!

Also, the guy in the video...I thought Voldemort was dead? 😂😂

Pink_Sands

I've gotta admit, I'm still curious why the band only chose ten songs to put on the album when thirteen were written apparently. I was getting used to seeing eleven songs. I hope the extras get released someday (along with "Crest" for heaven's sake) or are used for the next album.  ;)

Inkblades

100k views on the video in less than two hours. This one will be a hit for them.

Playhouse

What an incredible video.
Wow.
You're a star, You blaze

ireallywish

by far my favorite video they've done

song wedges itself into my head more each time

Vanby

Quote from: ireallywish on Aug 21, 2020, 08:49 AM
by far my favorite video they've done

song wedges itself into my head more each time

Definitely feel like I'm liking it more and more each time I listen.
Especially with the video, really fits it.

Playhouse

You're a star, You blaze