Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Formant

Is it possible that the album version of Ohms is a bit longer? The track is amazing imo, and I think there is space for an additional, intense ending/outro (in the vein of BQAD single vs album version).

However, I could see the main riff becoming repetitive if that was the case. Plus, what we got is pretty intense on its own.

FatherUppercut

Quote from: Formant on Aug 21, 2020, 07:48 PM
Is it possible that the album version of Ohms is a bit longer? The track is amazing imo, and I think there is space for an additional, intense ending/outro (in the vein of BQAD single vs album version).

However, I could see the main riff becoming repetitive if that was the case.

like everyone else, I thought it was odd that they chose the last song on the album for the first single since those songs are in a category of their own and get compared.

I would be ok with them adding a little something extra or maybe a pause and a hidden track or something

imbrie

I'm afraid not. Source: iTunes and Qobuz.

Formant

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 21, 2020, 07:52 PM

However, I could see the main riff becoming repetitive if that was the case. Plus, what we got is pretty intense on its own.

Gotcha. I ain't mad about that! I'm pumped to see how it works as an album closer. If anything, the way it ends inspires more listens to scratch that itch.

Gaz

It does feel like it could kick in again at the end of the song

imbrie

Quote from: Formant on Aug 21, 2020, 07:55 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 21, 2020, 07:52 PM

Gotcha. I ain't mad about that! I'm pumped to see how it works as an album closer. If anything, the way it ends inspires more listens to scratch that itch.

Yeah, entirely agree. It's a swerve for them to have released the album closer as a single, as has been said, especially given their track record of how they end their albums. I really wonder what the preceding song is like as Ohms, the song, presumably is the resolve and soother to what I am imagining is the maelstrom that comes before it.

Vesanic

Off topic but listening to Ohms over and over made me want to listen to Hexagram. It's kinda pointless to compare records, I just don't think this one will top the S/T for me. We shall see

imbrie

So Stef suggests that the second single will be released fairly soon - do we have an idea of what song it might be? I hope it's just the one more before the album drops and, given how relatively soon that is, imagine that will be the case. As much as I want to hear the new material, I don't want to hear too much pre album release.

Inkblades

I hope they have another video with rafatoon and the artists who worked on the Ohms video on deck for the next single because holy fuck did they knock it out of the park.

Inkblades

The Ohms video is #11 on YouTube's Trending and has over 350k views in about 12 hours.

Inkblades

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 08:01 PM
Off topic but listening to Ohms over and over made me want to listen to Hexagram. It's kinda pointless to compare records, I just don't think this one will top the S/T for me. We shall see

We're surrounded by debris of the past. 8)

Sleeping_Giant

Wow same here, I had to return to S/T and SNW today. It made me sad, because somwhere deep inside I had a feeling that they will never release anything better (for me) than S/T, WP or SNW :( I wish I'm wrong this time.

BTW I'm wondering if we will get one more single before 9/25.

Personally I would prefer to get whole record without any more singles. It can ruin the expectations for whole record :D

punkflop01

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 08:21 PM

We're surrounded by debris of the past. 8)

:D

Hidalgo

absolutely. do more videos with Rafatoon. or the people who did Crosses imagery, and bitches brew video. maybe that was just Chino or Sean Lopez? it's fire whoever comes up with it

Draken

I prefer the rough cut of that song, where it starts with Chino saying "check check 1 2"

Also those two songs are the exact same length btw  :o

sharinglungs

Guaranteed whatever the next single is, the video is done already? They might have done both videos at the same time

Formant

I think whatever one thinks of the single, it's clear that Rafatoon works perfect with Deftones.

Roidragee

I think the next single will be more heavier and we will hear stef play more on the bottom strings

Inkblades

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 21, 2020, 08:49 PM
I think the next single will be more heavier and we will hear stef play more on the bottom strings

Not trying to over-hype or create unfair expectations, but if they have a similar video for the song I praised with rafatoon, it's going to be some Godmode next level shit that blows everyone's minds out of the back of their fucking skulls.

imbrie

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 08:55 PM
Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 21, 2020, 08:49 PM

Not trying to over-hype or create unfair expectations, but if they have a video for the song I praised with rafatoon, it's going to be some Godmode next level shit that blows everyone's minds out of the back of their fucking skulls.

That's all a good thing, right?