Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roidragee

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 08:55 PM
Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 21, 2020, 08:49 PM
I think the next single will be more heavier and we will hear stef play more on the bottom strings

Not trying to over-hype or create unfair expectations, but if they have a similar video for the song I praised with rafatoon, it's going to be some Godmode next level shit that blows everyone's minds out of the back of their fucking skulls.
Genesis or The Spell of Mathematics would absolutely do that  ;D

976-EVIL

To those of you that have heard the entire Album. Where would you put the Ohms single ranking the 10 tracks?
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

DEF_RICHIE

Ohms in that top 10 Trending on Youtube!!

Vesanic

Nobody here has heard the entire album.

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 21, 2020, 08:59 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 21, 2020, 08:55 PM
Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 21, 2020, 08:49 PM
I think the next single will be more heavier and we will hear stef play more on the bottom strings

Not trying to over-hype or create unfair expectations, but if they have a similar video for the song I praised with rafatoon, it's going to be some Godmode next level shit that blows everyone's minds out of the back of their fucking skulls.
Genesis or The Spell of Mathematics would absolutely do that  ;D

Someone on FB group said exactly the same thing. But...same things were said about romantic dreams or hearts/wires. Solid songs but both are not considered as DT classics :D

Inkblades

LOL Romantic Dreams - not a bad song, but hardly a favorite of mine. I still say Hearts/Wires is underrated, though.

FatherUppercut

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 21, 2020, 08:26 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 08:01 PM
Off topic but listening to Ohms over and over made me want to listen to Hexagram. It's kinda pointless to compare records, I just don't think this one will top the S/T for me. We shall see

Wow same here, I had to return to S/T and SNW today. It made me sad, because somwhere deep inside I had a feeling that they will never release anything better (for me) than S/T, WP or SNW :( I wish I'm wrong this time.

BTW I'm wondering if we will get one more single before 9/25.

Personally I would prefer to get whole record without any more singles. It can ruin the expectations for whole record :D

considering it's only 10 tracks, I don't want to hear anymore until the album comes out.

Who am I kidding. If they release another one, I'll be all over it

leatherz

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
Nobody here has heard the entire album.

Well I wouldn't say that. We never know.

nineteen

I really like how they released the final track now. I think I'll view the entire album differently with this approach, compared with their older albums in terms of flow.

Obviously that would change with a second single.

ChubbyChino

A question for those who have heard more tracks: are the other tracks or any of them darker? Ohms is pretty upbeat.

buflen

I heard complaints about chino's voice on that song, saying he sounds more like he does on side project like crosses. I seriously don't get that. To me, it's just chino being chino, nothing much different than how he sounded on Minerva or something like that.

I mean he doesn't hit the same notes, but i'm just talking about the singing style.

sharinglungs

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Aug 21, 2020, 10:03 PM
A question for those who have heard more tracks: are the other tracks or any of them darker? Ohms is pretty upbeat.

The other tracks are pretty energetic, I dunno if they're as energetic as ohms is, but they've got their moods...

I can't wait to hear Pompeji and Headless.

LG95

Some darker songs, some quicker songs, some more mellow songs. It's a Deftones album.
I could float here forever

buflen

I'm taking a break of ohms after today, i want to be excited to listen to it again when the album releases.

976-EVIL

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 21, 2020, 10:37 PM
Some darker songs, some quicker songs, some more mellow songs. It's a Deftones album.

Ultimately that's exactly it.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sharinglungs

In my opinion I think ceremony could have been the closer.

I also think that ceremony has almost the same kind of epicness that ohms has for a closing song.

imbrie

Quote from: buflen on Aug 21, 2020, 10:41 PM
I'm taking a break of ohms after today, i want to be excited to listen to it again when the album releases.

Yeah, good plan - I feel the same. I really like the song and I'm ready for the album and don't want the track to become overly familiar to the point that I end up skipping it just to listen to the other tracks.

LG95

Quote from: sharinglungs on Aug 21, 2020, 10:42 PM
In my opinion I think ceremony could have been the closer.

I also think that ceremony has almost the same kind of epicness that ohms has for a closing song.
I'm not giving any details of songs away because I don't want anyone going in with specific expectations, but there was one song I was absolutely sure was going to be the closer. I really like that they've gone against expectations with Ohms last though.
I could float here forever

luisch

Quote from: Sicario on Aug 21, 2020, 04:14 AM
Quote from: luisch on Aug 21, 2020, 04:02 AM
I really love the track, amazing riff, Chino does a great job on the vocals, the production is awesome, it really feels like Terry Date's hand. Vega's bass sound is very felt.

I couldn't be happier, it really is a great first release and a very good pick as a single.

The album promises a lot, I feel like there is a return to the roots without losing sight of doing different things. There is an incredible progression and maturity in the sound.

The 24bit is another thing, thanks a lot @slacker!

Luisch? That's a name I remember seeing a lot when I registered! The only one I haven't seen is From_Musings. Otherwise just about everyone has chimed in. At least from when I started which wasn't that long ago. It's awesome!

Hey man, Sicario. Long time without hearing from you, also long time without entering SharingLungs, I hope everything is fine for you in these strange times. It was about time that old litter of strangers came back and talked some shit. Nice to see you here.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

from_musings

omg trap doors? catchy rock verse kind of trempest verse mixed witha little romantic dreams i think, i dig it.
i like the most of it,but the "throough"-part was kinda boring,just one guitar chord for like 35 seconds.some serious idling going on there,unimaginative.
needs more spins for sure,maybe its genius. btw crest was the opener for gore -scratched at the last minute,not a DE b-side