Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shells

I am now totally addicted to this new song now, it makes me smile more and more every time I hear it!

Since Gore I got into Team Sleep and Crosses (late to the game with the side projects but the Woodstock Sessions album is now one of my most favourite ear candys), and found myself switching to those after listening Deftones a lot as I'd crave Chinos smoother vocals there. Ohms is scratching both itches. So excited for the album. Aaaarrrgghhh.

In the mean time I'm enjoying watching it make people's faces light up in reaction videos on YouTube  ;D

Gaz

Its grown on me a lot, Ive had it stuck it my head all the time, its making me want to hear all the tracks that come before it

Capt Snow

Quote from: Shells on Aug 22, 2020, 03:13 PM
I am now totally addicted to this new song now, it makes me smile more and more every time I hear it!

Since Gore I got into Team Sleep and Crosses (late to the game with the side projects but the Woodstock Sessions album is now one of my most favourite ear candys), and found myself switching to those after listening Deftones a lot as I'd crave Chinos smoother vocals there. Ohms is scratching both itches. So excited for the album. Aaaarrrgghhh.

In the mean time I'm enjoying watching it make people's faces light up in reaction videos on YouTube  ;D

If you like Ohms you should give Palms a listen

Capt Snow

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 22, 2020, 04:28 PM
frank is not very present on "ohms" song.

frank is very present on "ohms" album.

not buried in the mix. very present. you'll see.

(and its awesome)

Ok, thanks for letting us know Chino

Vesanic

;D

Need to mention that tokyodrifter being Chino is nothing but a rumour.

Shells

Quote from: Capt Snow on Aug 22, 2020, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Shells on Aug 22, 2020, 03:13 PM

If you like Ohms you should give Palms a listen

I have but it's not really clicked with me yet, I'll probably suddenly love it in about 5 years time 😆

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 22, 2020, 06:51 AM
Terry Date's Ears should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

100% agree

RavinVsFlud

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Aug 22, 2020, 07:11 AM
This place was insane when I had that guy to go his local record shop and pick up Gore so we could leak it. that was a crazy day

I mean, it was worth a shot, right?

LG95

Seriously man, that video is at least top three of their career. Director did a fantastic job. Loads of beautiful visuals.
I could float here forever

E-Money

The song is fantastic..  Love the video and the album cover has really grown on me. I can't believe how much the album cover has grown on me actually. It's kind of tripping me out. Also love the idea of the billboard for the release. That was really cool. Especially with the song lyric on top.

Can't wait to hear Frank all over this thing! He brings so much to their music.

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: LG95 on Aug 22, 2020, 05:54 PM
Seriously man, that video is at least top three of their career. Director did a fantastic job. Loads of beautiful visuals.

Yeah, it's perfect

sandman

Just wanna say ohms is a banger and video is stunning. If this song is a good representation for the album I'm giddy as fuck. Hoping they have signed cd/vinyl on Newburry comics like they did for gore!

Vesanic

For anyone interested, today's been exactly 22 years since they played that one epic set at Bizarre Festival 1998.

In two (more) hours, I'll be streaming both 98 and 2000 Bizarre Festival sets on DeftonesLive, it'll be at this link
https://youtu.be/aDNoq6G7vHk

It won't be a huge upgrade from what's on YouTube, still an upgrade. It'll definitely be the best quality at hands, as we always try to provide.

GR1X7S

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 23, 2020, 12:25 AM
For anyone interested, today's been exactly 22 years since they played that one epic set at Bizarre Festival 1998.

In two (more) hours, I'll be streaming both 98 and 2000 Bizarre Festival sets on DeftonesLive, it'll be at this link
https://youtu.be/aDNoq6G7vHk

It won't be a huge upgrade from what's on YouTube, still an upgrade. It'll definitely be the best quality at hands, as we always try to provide.

I spend a lot of time on your channel and I always love your streams man. I'll be there for sure! I love how wild and spontaneous Chino was on stage back then.

ChubbyChino

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 22, 2020, 06:57 AM
Without giving too much away, this was my least favorite song played. It's good, it's fun, the chorus is gorgeous, the production is great - but every other song I heard is even better and more structurally complex.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear, thanks.

Also I was hoping to hear a slow, dark song like Change or Digital Bath, I guess that's not gonna happen, all the songs sound energic from I've read so far.

976-EVIL

Very cool Mr. V!!!

This place over the past 24 hours since the Single released is like having a smoke after sex...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Draken

Speaking of which Is Rumors still here on the forum? There's been many "Chino"s here...

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 22, 2020, 04:40 PM
;D

Need to mention that tokyodrifter being Chino is nothing but a rumour.

dearthx1

Been listening to "Ohms" heavily since Thursday and it continues to grow with each listen. I like it better than "Gore" in its entirety, which was the first time Deftones truly disappointed me. But this single is really doing it for me. Can't wait to hear more!

There Will Be Blood

What's up you Pink Maggots? The Butcher is in.

LG95

What if tokyodrifter is Frank and he was just bigging himself up earlier?
I could float here forever