Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaz

Shells

Just heard that Chino is gonna be on BBC 6 Music next Wednesday talking to Mary Anne Hobbs about the new album. Her show is 10.30am til 1pm UK time if anyone wants to catch it 🙂

Gaz

Quote from: Shells on Sep 16, 2020, 01:18 PM
Just heard that Chino is gonna be on BBC 6 Music next Wednesday talking to Mary Anne Hobbs about the new album. Her show is 10.30am til 1pm UK time if anyone wants to catch it 🙂

Superb!

ChubbyChino

I strongly advise not to hear the leak if you haven't yet. Listening to the song for the first time in high quality when you haven't heard yet is a much better experience.

buflen

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 16, 2020, 03:30 PM
I strongly advise not to hear the leaks if you haven't heard yet. Listening to the song for the first time in high quality when you haven't heard yet is a much better experience.
CD quality leak or nothing. And only if you have already pre-ordered the album, bought a ticket to a show and merch.  ;D

sharinglungs

At this point with streaming services like Spotify, listen to leaks early means nothing in the long run.

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 16, 2020, 03:47 PM
At this point with streaming services like Spotify, listen to leaks early means nothing in the long run.
with streaming services like spotify, artists get fucked in the ass. Buy the album (vinyl directly from website is a good start), buy show tickets, and merch.

Ihateallofmyfriends

Quote from: buflen on Sep 16, 2020, 03:55 PM
with streaming services like spotify, artists get fucked in the ass. Buy the album (vinyl directly from website is a good start), buy show tickets, and merch.

I think most of the people on here will be buying their shit, every album they release if it leaks and I stumble upon the leaks I've listened then bought the album still and gone to shows. To date, leaks have always hyped up my excitement for each album and I'm yet to be disappointed. Even Gore, I really don't understand the hate it gets.

buflen

Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 16, 2020, 04:09 PM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 16, 2020, 03:55 PM

I think most of the people on here will be buying their shit, every album they release if it leaks and I stumble upon the leaks I've listened then bought the album still and gone to shows. To date, leaks have always hyped up my excitement for each album and I'm yet to be disappointed. Even Gore, I really don't understand the hate it gets.
I know, of course.

Vesanic

Quote from: Shells on Sep 16, 2020, 01:18 PM

I'll need a reminder, though they will definitely promote this

BallZDeeP

imbrie

BallZDeeP

FatherUppercut

Just listened to the Genesis teaser and will def listen when it drops on Friday. I do usually sail the high seas a few days early for releases of bands I like, but I think I'll just wait and listen to this one when I get the vinyl I preordered

Iwazaru

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 16, 2020, 07:42 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Sep 16, 2020, 07:09 PM
Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 16, 2020, 06:31 PM
FLAC or bust

I'm gonna send you a 96kbps transcode.

Lets do this
Plot twist: the whole album is of the exact same quality as the leaks. It was all a prank.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 16, 2020, 08:12 PM
FLAC or bust

Lets do this
Plot twist: the whole album is of the exact same quality as the leaks. It was all a prank.

I havent heard the leaks. First time i have been good. I am going into next friday with zero expectations.. listened to Ohms three times, love the Genesis snippet.. so far so good

imbrie

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Sep 16, 2020, 08:23 PM
Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 16, 2020, 08:12 PM
FLAC or bust

Lets do this

I havent heard the leaks. First time i have been good. I am going into next friday with zero expectations.. listened to Ohms three times, love the Genesis snippet.. so far so good

Samesies!

Ihateallofmyfriends

Don't know if anyone has seen but Sergio and Deftones IG accounts are posting lyric teases and a QR code with the album art in it... ::)

BallZDeeP

Quote from: Ihateallofmyfriends on Sep 16, 2020, 09:26 PM
Don't know if anyone has seen but Sergio and Deftones IG accounts are posting lyric teases and a QR code with the album art in it... ::)

Errors out for me