I don't know, I just expected your Deftones-based autism to kick in

:(

Come on I thought you could relate and this would be like a bonding moment

Sir this is a McDonalds

Roidragee

Yes yes Ohms, yes yes Genesis

Drop-Dead

Quote from: Visionz on Sep 18, 2020, 12:25 AM
So, would anyone else agree to what someone said about Frank that hes all over this track?

agree but nobody cares nor the sexy bridge, people just waiting for Stef's touching the 9th string on his guitar, not this time  ;D

Hidalgo

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Sep 18, 2020, 02:19 AM
So, would anyone else agree to what someone said about Frank that hes all over this track?

agree but nobody cares nor the sexy bridge, people just waiting for Stef's touching the 9th string on his guitar, not this time  ;D
i'm not even sure he used the 8th string on this, i think the lowest might be the 7th string, but i could be wrong

ANattyRat

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 17, 2020, 08:58 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 17, 2020, 08:42 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 17, 2020, 08:34 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Sep 17, 2020, 08:30 PM
I wonder if chino is playing guitar on this song at all. That's two singles with just Stef if so. Pretty unusual!

He's holding a guitar in the video teaser. Definitely him on the intro, the bridge and then the very end.

Speaking of the bridge, none of you have even mentioned the bridge yet! What do you think? I think it's fucking epic, personally.

I'd mention it if I knew what part the bridge is lol (look, I'm not good with music words, I just like what I like).

The bridge is the part after the verses and choruses. It's the part where Chinos sings "we're everywhere"...

Screaming on this is much better than his screaming on SNW and Gore. It's very impressive he can still do it this well in his late 40's.

Ah I see. It's a beautiful section of the song, it has kind of a funky/groovy feel to it almost? Which you'd assume would feel out of place in this song, but actually it transitions so well from one part to the other.

I'm happy with his screaming, and I think the screams flow so well into the singing parts, they kind of strengthen each other, but I dislike the parts where he just sort of shouts, like the"Yeah here I go" part. I don't dislike it on other songs, it works on Goon Squad or Leathers for example. I just don't feel like it fits for the music in Genesis.

I'm playing this song too many times, at this rate I'll end up skipping it when I get the album lol. Not really, but it's tough going into a brand new album and waiting for all the new songs because you're spending five minutes listening to one you've played 50-ish times.

HooiserBowhunter

SMLiberator

Genesis sounds exactly how I always expected Eros to sound like. Also, it might be just me, but I get heavy Slipknot vibes from that outro, when the lead guitar comes in and Chino starts screaming

Quote from: Hidalgo on Sep 18, 2020, 02:26 AMi'm not even sure he used the 8th string on this, i think the lowest might be the 7th string, but i could be wrong

I believe the lowest note is a C two tones down from E standard, so that's as low as White Pony tuning. Funny how I believe we were all expecting him to go ultra low this time around, but he's actually gone up in both singles
i'm confused??

thatdeftkid

I'm loving the frisbee/spinning top noise from Frank on this track. That had me trippin for a minute.

Far away

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Sep 18, 2020, 02:19 AM

Im glad he didnt. I dont need another Meshuggah.

E-Money

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Sep 18, 2020, 03:38 AM
I'm loving the frisbee/spinning top noise from Frank on this track. That had me trippin for a minute.

Right ! Some Radiohead shit right there. Very cool.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 18, 2020, 12:06 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 17, 2020, 11:02 PM
Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 17, 2020, 10:44 PM
After 3 listens, I enjoy the track just fine.... but am I alone in thinking that if it’s Smile fucked Goon Squad?

It's like Leathers, Tempest, Rosemary, Goon Squad, Hexagram, Royal and the end of Beware all had a massive orgy. Don't get a Smile vibe, though.

The chorus is much less memorable and catchy than any of these songs though.  I like the song, but I think the chorus is meh. It builds up to an epic chorus but it turns out being one of their most boring choruses  so far in my opinion. Good song but Smile and Rosemary are waaaay better.  There are other songs with more beautiful choruses on this album.

This is my feeling as well.  Love the song but the "Climbing out of the ashes" part gives me "I just smelled something" face.  Leave the vocals to Chino as well.  But the rest is top notch.

SMLiberator

i'm confused??

SMLiberator

i think i might have listened to the song some 20 times now, and in every single one of them i've been irked by the vocal delay going mono on "balance" and "reborn"
i'm confused??

plagasx

This song honestly sounds like a return to a more S/T, White Pony sound..with a little Koi sprinkled in..and I fucking love it. Only listening to it once though until next week.

I hope the album has a slow chilled atmospheric song in the same vein as a Sextape or Entombed.. maybe Pompeji is it??

RaptureWS

I heard the Genesis leak a long time ago. I knew right away that there would be people that did not like the Reverb parts, as well as the chorus.

that being said, to all of you that are starting to have some doubts please do not worry. There are some absolutely fantastic epic fuking moments on this album. I have no idea if you'll like the album in its entirety but there will 100% be a couple songs that absolutely floor you. keep the faith y'all
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

plagasx

Quote from: RaptureWS on Sep 18, 2020, 05:15 AM
I heard the Genesis leak a long time ago. I knew right away that there would be people that did not like the Reverb parts, as well as the chorus.

that being said, to all of you that are starting to have some doubts please do not worry. There are some absolutely fantastic epic fuking moments on this album. I have no idea if you'll like the album in its entirety but there will 100% be a couple songs that absolutely floor you. keep the faith y'all

You've heard ALL of the songs??

DenakDW

I've heard the song 35 times today, still loving it.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

976-EVIL

So Stoked to hear the track! Really enjoying hearing everyone's take so far. Knowing all of us are the truest hardcore Tones Fans, good or bad I truly dig the passion!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Slacker

well shie has some groove, but i wouldt classify it as "banger" fosho.