Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Wasn't aimed at anyone specific, dude. You're good.
I could float here forever

zeromindset

This may have been discussed before, but does anyone know exactly what the "zine" entails with the vinyl pre-order of Ohms? I wonder how it differs from a normal lyric sheet insert. The price is nearly double from the black or indie gold versions so you'd think it'd be somewhat substantial.

Far away

Quote from: DenakDW on Sep 20, 2020, 07:56 AM
Hey is discord still working? can anyone send me a link pls?

Wait. SL have a discord server?

tarkil

Quote from: bebo on Sep 20, 2020, 02:24 AM
Looks like someone really fucked up at Amazon, the German listing for Ohms pre-order includes 15 sec snippets of every song on the record. Getting really strong Hole in the Earth vibes from Spell of Mathematics, everything sounds pretty experimental and new ground for the tones... Thank you Terry!

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08G3X1D8T/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_1

Aaaaaaaah ! Finally !!!! And from bebo too.....
Man, that got me straight in the member berries....       :)

Good to see that you're still alive and kicking bebo...       

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

DenakDW

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 20, 2020, 10:03 AM
Wasn't aimed at anyone specific, dude. You're good.
Let me buy you a beer.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

RaptureWS

Quote from: Far away on Sep 20, 2020, 10:04 AM

I would call it more of a spoiler server LOL. it's basically all of the most impatient people over there talking about the leaks they heard, including me. I like it cause it gives me an outlet to talk about what I've heard without spoiling things on this board.

also I don't think any moderators or owners of sharing lungs are actually part of the Discord.in fact I think they have actively avoided us LOL. I understand though
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

DenakDW

Quote from: RaptureWS on Sep 20, 2020, 10:17 AM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 20, 2020, 10:04 AM

I would call it more of a spoiler server LOL. it's basically all of the most impatient people over there talking about the leaks they heard, including me. I like it cause it gives me an outlet to talk about what I've heard without spoiling things on this board.

also I don't think any moderators or owners of sharing lungs are actually part of the Discord.in fact I think they have actively avoided us LOL. I understand though

I actually had a very nice talk with you just the other day.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

RaptureWS

hey I'm on my phone at the moment didn't even notice your username. yeah we're still hanging out over there! https://discord.gg/kNYbePf
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Far away

Quote from: tarkil on Sep 20, 2020, 10:11 AM
Looks like someone really fucked up at Amazon, the German listing for Ohms pre-order includes 15 sec snippets of every song on the record. Getting really strong Hole in the Earth vibes from Spell of Mathematics, everything sounds pretty experimental and new ground for the tones... Thank you Terry!

Aaaaaaaah ! Finally !!!! And from bebo too.....
Man, that got me straight in the member berries....       :)

Good to see that you're still alive and kicking bebo...       

Good to see YOU are alive and kicking as well, dude. :)

ChubbyChino

Wow. Im really getting a Knife Party vibe from it!

Inkblades

Damn, I am not feeling these snippets at all. Honestly, they suck dick.*

*I made this same joke the last time someone posted that.

Moz La Punk

Man, we're so close now. Five days max. Eight totally new 'Tones songs to dig into, next to the two already released songs. So excited.

Ive listened to Genesis and Ohms back to back a few times and I think it really gives me a look inside of the 'sound' of the album. There's a certain fullnes or richness I hear that I havent heared since ST/SNW imo. While those arent even my favorite records, I am very glad that the sound is so lush. Combined with some of the in-your-face-rock from Diamond Eyes and some experimentation from KNY this could be very special indeed.

We also know the tracklist and total runtime and its clear that this is a pretty fast record. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those records you'll want to play again and again, over and over again as soon as you've listened to it.

Man, just got a good feeling about it. Can't wait.

ToneDef

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Sep 20, 2020, 01:51 PM
Man, we're so close now. Five days max. Eight totally new 'Tones songs to dig into, next to the two already released songs. So excited.

Ive listened to Genesis and Ohms back to back a few times and I think it really gives me a look inside of the 'sound' of the album. There's a certain fullnes or richness I hear that I havent heared since ST/SNW imo. While those arent even my favorite records, I am very glad that the sound is so lush. Combined with some of the in-your-face-rock from Diamond Eyes and some experimentation from KNY this could be very special indeed.

We also know the tracklist and total runtime and its clear that this is a pretty fast record. I have a feeling this is going to be one of those records you'll want to play again and again, over and over again as soon as you've listened to it.

Man, just got a good feeling about it. Can't wait.

Fuck me, you're a blast from the past.

secretbandinsider

I'm getting the tingles of anticipation

IN WAVES

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 19, 2020, 08:39 PM
What if Ohms is just one big concept album about Chino's chicken coop?

First owls, then flamingos, and now chickens!

sharinglungs

Anyone have the new metal hammer and can scan it?

Visionz

Is it me or is it just certain ppl can "leaktalk"? ::)
The amazon snippet link should b special and not b given away to just anyone now cmon!

sharinglungs

Gonna be hard to fool people with amazon links to clips, considering Amazon has literally stopped doing song previews lol

secretbandinsider

Genesis has somehow become my low-key favorite Deftones song and I'm not sure how I feel about that. That bridge is so relaxing and I can't believe the chorus sounded like AIDS to me the first time I heard it, but now I can't get it out of my head. Do you guys think there will be any solos on the album this time? Was just wondering because I think some well-timed melodic mini-solos like on Phantom Bride or Hearts would be very welcome.

secretbandinsider

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 20, 2020, 05:00 PM
Gonna be hard to fool people with amazon links to clips, considering Amazon has literally stopped doing song previews lol

I'm a simple man, I see Deftones preview I click  :'(