Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New song? Jun 27

Started by Kimdracula976, Jun 17, 2022, 04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimdracula976

A user on subreddit has posted a leak for a new Deftones song "Daisy forgive me". Checked the posters history, seems to be legit. Thoughts?

Inkblades

sharinglungs

Are we getting another Eros song.... Holy shit....

Kimdracula976

The song title sure does sound something out of Eros. Hope you're right.

DenakDW

i need to believe this, seems legit. there are people saying dude from the post is reliable...if this is true we might get some info or clues in the next few days... lord help me.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

sharinglungs

That reddit user is legit... i've seen him leak things for other bands in advance, some times he got the date wrong, but he was always within a couple of days, and he had the songs correct.

976-EVIL

This would be great, fingers crossed
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Gaz

Fingers crossed. it would be cool if they released an EP of some kind

sharinglungs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTC3BkK-WUE

Same dude that leaked that a new Deftones song was coming, also leaked the title of the new Mars Volta track and the release date of June 21.

Get excited fellows. New Deftones IS  on the way, we just need to figure out if it will actually come out June 27th or sooner or later...

N0S3BLEED976

No indication on social media so far and the fact they're currently on tour still makes me hesitant to believe. With all the band turmoil going on I have a feeling their new music is going to be a flop though.

Gaz

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 21, 2022, 11:23 AM
No indication on social media so far and the fact they're currently on tour still makes me hesitant to believe. With all the band turmoil going on I have a feeling their new music is going to be a flop though.

Strange conclusion, these could be B-sides from Ohms or new stuff wrote recently. I doubt the goings on with Sergio leaving will have had that much of an impact, turmoil can also create good things in music

GlimmeringMaggit

"all the band turmoil going on" = the most dispensable member left over a year ago.
Formerly LG95

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Jun 21, 2022, 01:18 PM
"all the band turmoil going on" = the most dispensable member left over a year ago.

That's debatable. Sergio is a great songwriter in my book and I enjoyed his contributions. Other than that there are evidently some mental health issues going on with Stef.

GlimmeringMaggit

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 21, 2022, 01:30 PM
Quote from: GlimmeringMaggit on Jun 21, 2022, 01:18 PM

That's debatable. Sergio is a great songwriter in my book and I enjoyed his contributions. Other than that there are evidently some mental health issues going on with Stef.
I liked Sergio too but I don't think it's that debatable that he was the most dispensable. As far as Stef goes, I don't see much that would affect songwriting – his off the wall beliefs are things he's had for a long time, and the not travelling thing I would guess has more to do with not being vaccinated than anything else. I don't want to speculate about anyone's mental health but I don't see much of an indication that would suggest his has altered recently.
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

Yeah, Stephen's conspiracy theorist beliefs are not new. In fact, I distinctly remember an interview with him from the mid-00's where he said he believed creatures lived on the sun (side note: I don't know if that theory is realistic, but it is hell of a lot cooler than the earth being flat or vaccines not working lol). Him believing this stuff isn't going to affect him writing music and playing guitar in the studio.

I don't see them flopping either if you mean in a commercial sense. The fanbase is too strong. Keep in mind that the outcry about Sergio's exit is mostly an internet comment thing and most of the people showing up to the concerts don't give a shit about that as long as Chino is on stage. And even the fans who have been vocal about their displeasure with Sergio leaving are still gonna check new Deftones music regardless. ESPECIALLY if this is Eros related as some have theorized. Sorry, but Chi is gonna trump Sergio every time.

The only thing that is giving me pause that this isn't real is that cover art, which looks like a lot like fan art to me. An illustration of Chino really doesn't seem like their typical art aesthetic, they usually go a lot more esoteric with it. But maybe this is some kind of greatest hits or compilation thing?

Roidragee

the cover art for the supposed single is strange because it looks like fan art lol,  I believe everything else but not that cover art. I don't know if it was just a placeholder image for the single that the guy saw or if that's actually the art they would use for the single.

GlimmeringMaggit

Yeah that's the bit I found odd. My guess was that he didn't have the single art so put something as a placeholder. But the "DAISY IRL" on it seems weird given that's not actually the supposed song title.

A teaser promo image? Still doesn't look right.

I'm now going to be disappointed if there's nothing.
Formerly LG95

GlimmeringMaggit

Where's tokyodrifter at?
Formerly LG95

Inkblades

GlimmeringMaggit

Touché

I hope he had a good birthday yesterday.
Formerly LG95