Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Indie/Emo/PostPunk topic.

Started by no name cola, Sep 29, 2004, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Yeah Im a sucker for those hansom omaha boys. theyre so purty

ragdoll

Moz La Punk

I forget a lots of things. Now Im really going you alligator.

Malpractice

Quote from: "the punk project"
New End Original

good choice

no name cola

Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"Anyone here like or heard of Beth Orton or Everything But The Girl?
i know Everything But The Girl.

ragdoll

Quote from: "no name cola"
Quote from: "ChickdelaLynch"Anyone here like or heard of Beth Orton or Everything But The Girl?
i know Everything But The Girl.

moi aussi

ben

haah oburst fanclub in here.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "the punk project"Some indie bands Im in:

Desaparecidos
Cursive
Bright Eyes

:D

Quote from: "no name cola"i know Everything But The Girl.

Que?

Moz La Punk

Hey my email adress even is Desaparecidos. I'm one of their biggest fans for sho.

New End Original was my least least least favourite of that list.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: "ben"haah oburst fanclub in here.

Oberst is a great guy. He's not only very nice and huble, but that doesnt help you making great music. But he makes great music. Bright Eyes AND Desaparecidos are heavenly bands, I mean, whenever I hear the Desaparecidos cd I can cry. FUCKING CRY. It's my favourite album all time.

And ehh... yeah he has some theories I have too, about the earth and stuff... oh well.

ragdoll

yeah he's also pretty keen on his alcohol too.  :roll:

Moz La Punk

Hahah. Well whatever makes him sing like he does  :roll:

died20times

i've got desaparecidos - read music/speak spanglish and a few bright eyes albums. i like em alright and listen to them frequently.

Moz La Punk

Ive been searching for more people who've got Read Music. Man, no one has it and its one of my fave albums ever!

Every fucking song is so good... from the lyrics to the great keyboard sounds between. Every song gives me another emotion.

I've also got a burned version with b-side tracks 'Popp'n off', 'Give me the Pen' and 'What's New For Fall' on it. Especially the last song kicks ass, download it.

ben

desperacidos is allright, they kinda don't sound like anything new. and Bright Eyes is allright.  There is just a lot better indie music out there than that.

you would probably like Reggie and the Full Effect though if you like that kind of stuff.  They're actually better cuz its funnier, but they must be way less talented cuz they play the same song basically each time.

richopinnow

Does anyone ever listened to MCLUSKY?
this band is a fucking great live band.And their album is one of the best indie record i've bought this year.

also very great are THE THERMALS, DAYS IN GRIEF, KASABIAN, MOURNFUL and BEATSTEAKS

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: "richopinnow"Does anyone ever listened to MCLUSKY?

I have only one song, Without MSG I am Nothing, which kicks ass.

died20times

i just got mae - destination: b-sides in the mail today. has a couple unreleased tracks, some live shit, and some acoustic tracks. i know most people here probably don't like mae but if you liked destination: beautiful, you'd probably like this. it's a pretty decent listen.

pumpkin~head

some emobands for you

amanda woodward
the apollo program
belle epoque
steeple remove
i love ufos

no name cola

go here and you can stream a video of a half hour Broken Social Scene acoustic set and interview: http://www.kataweb.it/community/live/brokenss/

and go here to stream a Blonde Redhead concert in video for an hour: http://de.bluewin.ch/unterhaltung/index.php/special/montreuxjazz2004/4553
-go to that live stream pull down list and click Blonde Redhead A & V.

enjoy.