glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muempire

Could someone upload Oxycodone
aka. TeamTones

chauff000

damn, oxycodone is real ill.
from 1999 and on, they are spot on, i want to hear the rest of the b-sides.
lyrics are great too
i like to think of them as FNM 2..

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "ben"
Quote from: "ben"I hate how the harmonics are gone from El Mark....new glassjaw is going to be bland.
El mark is a B-side from W&T, and is not related to new material.

And the song Natural Born Farmer, which Daryl says is a new song, is rather cool. It doesn't sound like the "harmonics are gone".

Besides, El Mark, Oxycodone and The Number No Good Things Could Come From sounds rather cool in my ear.

stu

natural born farmer isnt new, they played it at '03 warped tour

ben

Dude marty, of course the harmonics are gone. Todd is gone. there is one guitar.  You can't argue they aren't.  haha

stu

i just rocked ben's gj-world. please disregard everything he said

DefCubus

Quote from: "ben"Dude marty, of course the harmonics are gone. Todd is gone. there is one guitar.  You can't argue they aren't.  haha

There are still 2 guitars on the new version of El Mark.
it just sounds like 1 because its only one speaker.

]

stu

yeah, theres a shitty rip that only has 1 channel. it circulated on gjnet board

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "stu"natural born farmer isnt new, they played it at '03 warped tour
I stand corrected.

Damn, a new GJ album would be great right about now.

ALightOn

I have seen the "original"? version of the Beating Heart Baby video, however on FUSE, I saw this "newer"? video. Really, if Daryl were gay, ultimately it would not matter to me because it doesn't take away anything from his skill, and if he's not, what the fuck kind of look is he going for?Thoughts anybody. I love the hook on that song, just not the look!

Oldnewtype

ive been disliking HA more and more since the band got all changed up

Fireal1222

eyewtkas > worship and tribute

his lyrics are so awesome

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

ALightOn

EYWTKAS=WorShip&TRIBUTe...the Nile is a river in Egypt...

chauff000

id say worship & tribute could be a blueprint for just writing lyrics in general, period.
you could quote so many lines and get a very clear thought across just by using one line as an example

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Fireal1222"worship and tribute > eyewtkas
That's how i view it. They really hit my taste with W&T! - I can't stop listening to it.

Anonymous

worship and tribute clearly owns their first effort, but it's typical. they were younger and more emotional back then, i suppose.

Fireal1222

Quote from: "Paint Your Lips"
Quote from: "Fireal1222"worship and tribute > eyewtkas
That's how i view it. They really hit my taste with W&T! - I can't stop listening to it.

certain songs stand out to me more on worship and tribute (gillete calvalcade of sports). but i like every song on EYEWTKAS and i cant say that about W&T.

plus, eyewtkas is about some girl who daryl really seems to have a hate for, so i can certainly relate

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: "Fireal1222"certain songs stand out to me more on worship and tribute (gillete calvalcade of sports). but i like every song on EYEWTKAS and i cant say that about W&T.

plus, eyewtkas is about some girl who daryl really seems to have a hate for, so i can certainly relate
Haha, i'm the other way around. I love every single song on W&T, they all sound so good!

Where as there's only like 4-5 songs on eyewtkas that really gets to me. I freaking love Siberian Kiss!

subject

their first record was the best. trust me - i know more about music than you'll ever know. hahaha.

why?

Quote from: "subject"their first record was the best. trust me - i know more about music than you'll ever know. hahaha.

coming from a guy that listens to ion dissonance. mwhahaha
do. make. say. think.