Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

glassJAw

Started by offteethtaste, May 13, 2005, 07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv_

yeah, chino!

The Captain

haha, Chino wishes he could accomplish that much. He's ambitious, but not very disciplined.

ALightOn

Quote from: "The Captain"http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1521412/20060123/head_automatica.jhtml?headlines=true

GJ '07! haha, well at least that gives him time.

I dunno, everybody else is hating him for HA and his other projects, but I still think it's really cool, he seems to have an amazing work ethic.

It is not that I hate him or even dislike the guy... it just seems like always just some more bullshit(different day), and I respect his illness as a factor... but come on it is always something... I just was/am a Big fan of GlassJaw

Inkblades

Quote from: "Inkblades"Can somebody repost Oxycodone? Thanks in advance.

ben

Well, Manny is definitely through with Glassjaw. He's now full-time bassist for Saves the Day.

Malpractice

Quote from: ben on Feb 17, 2006, 03:26 AM
Well, Manny is definitely through with Glassjaw

Manny said that isn't true and he is going to do both bands or atleast do saves the day until glassjaw does something again. but yea glassjaw isn't ever going to do anything again anyway so does it really matter lol

ben

Head Automatica and Men, Women & Children will be doing a full US tour together in the future.

Paint Your Lips

Daryl for crying out loud ! Stop wasting time on HA !

I want more Glassjaw !

Fireal1222

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Feb 19, 2006, 07:07 PM
Daryl for crying out loud ! Stop wasting time on HA !

I want more Glassjaw !

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Paint Your Lips

You just got on the karma + side.

defskull

So I went to the Head Automatica website and listened to the entire new cd.  It's ok.  A lot of the stuff is very forgettable.  But some of it is really good. 

The last song, called "K Horse" is probably the closest thing you are going to get to Glassjaw right now. 

defskull

I just found a caption from the July issue of Alternative Press

AP: What is the current status of glassjaw?

DARYL: We've been working on a few songs in the studio. We've done a bunch of tracking on four songs so far. We really want to get some MP3's out to the kids who have been waiting. It's really important to get something out as soon as possible, but in the big picture, we're slowly working on a new record. (Guitarist Justin) Beck has a studio in his house that he's beefing up (with recording equipment). I'd hope to have a new album in 2007, but i'd hope we'd have some songs released this year. The energy in that band is something that i've never seen before-and that's not because i'm a part of it.

Lets hope it's true.

wifeparty

They need to get Sammy Seager back on the drums. larry Goodman is alright, I know Sammy only played on ETYWTKAS as a favour to ross Robinson...but fuck, the drumming on Piano (i still jam out that part on the 2nd verse where we has that random fill) is insane.

Im glad Manny is back playing bass!

have you heard that gig they did recently?  I can upload it!
it was primo, but proved they do need two guitarist. Beck is an amazing musician (he played most of the drums on Worship), but Todd is very underratted

fireflyry

I miss Glassjaw.

Badly.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

wifeparty

I would have loved to see them on the ETYWTKAS tour supporting Deftones! daryl singing headup with Chino. That would have been pricesless

No album has beaten ETYWTKAS. the aggression is unbeaten. Worship is a good album though and Kiss Kiss Bang bang.

On ETYWTKAS when Daryl sings 'demons in, demons out' still send shivers down my spine!

fireflyry

Best break up album ever.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Malpractice

Corrections

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:18 AM
They need to get Sammy Seager back on the drums. larry Goodman is alright, I know Sammy only played on ETYWTKAS as a favour to ross Robinson...but fuck, the drumming on Piano (i still jam out that part on the 2nd verse where we has that random fill) is insane.

it's Larry Gorman not Larry Goodman and he dosen't play drums in Glassjaw anymore. Durijah Lang (Classic Case) now plays drums in the band when they do play shows/record. He use to be in  glassjaw a long ass time ago too for a short period of time. And yes you are right Sammy did play on EYEWTKAS as a favor to Ross but he did actually join the band for a short period of time and did a few shows with them but then decided to do Rival Schools fulltime and that's where Larry Gorman came into the picture.

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:18 AM
Beck is an amazing musician (he played most of the drums on Worship), but Todd is very underratted
Beck didn't play drums on Worship And Tribute. session drummer Shannon Larkin (Amen) played drums for the whole album. Beck might of written some of the parts though. Beck did play drums back on the old Kiss Kiss Bang Bang-era stuff though

Quote from: wifeparty on Jun 12, 2006, 07:33 AM
I would have loved to see them on the ETYWTKAS tour supporting Deftones! daryl singing headup with Chino. That would have been pricesless

I am not too sure Daryl did Headup with Deftones i know Daryl and Beck did Right Brigade with Deftones and i think Daryl sang on BQAD with them once or twice

defskull

Larry's not with Glassjaw anymore? I didn't know that.  I really wish Todd would come back.

BigDave

i listened to w&t today.  i seriously forgot how amazing the album is.

justaphase

man i love glassjaw and the new head automatica=way 2 poppy

ahhh