Started by Infected Mushroom, May 29, 2005, 01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 06, 2008, 10:55 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Sep 06, 2008, 06:11 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 05, 2008, 03:35 PM
Quote from: aenemic on Sep 05, 2008, 01:15 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 04, 2008, 10:59 PM
"all hope is gone" is really fucking laughable.

heavy "tough guy attitude verse + boy band chorus = Slipknot". pure shite.

there's really no point in making posts like that, is there?

uh yes there is. this is a slipknot discussion thread. i'm sharing my thoughts on the album. i can say whatever the hell i want to.

that's pretty fucking immature dude.

yeah, you can say whatever you want and I'm all for free speech etc. but don't try to tell me you wanted any kind of giving conversation about Slipknot with a post like that. that's what I tried to point out. and then you get all angry. clearly you just want to be an asshole.

haha. c'mon now. i'm not trying to be an asshole. i just really fucking hate slipknot.

fair enough.

hey, didn't you post that Faith No More video in the Mike f'n PAtton thread? where we talked about FNM live stuff? or was that in another thread?
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

fireflyry

I'm really digging the new album.

Way better than Vol 3 and it sounds like Corey's voice has either healed up more or he's learned to cope after shredding his chords.

At the end of the day I'm stoked there are bands like this that are exposing more young people to heavier music, they have been in the number one album slot in New Zealand since releasing "All Hope is Gone", as opposed to crap like Mamma Mia, Chris Brown and The Jonas Brothers.

I've talked to so many kids who have heard Slipknot only to quickly progress to listening to,or even better playing, heavier music,The core musicians are also pretty technically proficient imho, it's pretty easy to find info on the net concerning these guys skills and Jim Root would easily be in my top 10 guitarist list.

Anyone who can't get past the fact they decided to take 3 mates along for the ride to wack on kegs and wear costumes is either taking them way to seriously or has'nt seen them live.I love bands that use aesthetics (Manson, Tool, etc) and actually put effort into presenting something which is more than just 4 guys standing around in black jeans, t-shirts, chucks and full sleeve tattoos.

They play here on the 22nd of October.

Can't wait.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

deafnotes

im kinda done with them

stuka

the last lp is like jizz
face teh load.

deftoneskoen

I really dont like them anymore.
IMO lyricly it really sucks, allways the same bullshit hate stuff.
That might belong to the music style, but this is just true bullshit.
They also lost the real agression in the music, it kind off goes to "emo metal?" now.
And I think it has allways been the sound that does make slipknot so populair.
I think Corey is a great singer, but a bad writer. And Joey, yeah he is a true metal drummer.
But I really dont dig the rest of the band.

whodunit?

I was surprised how fats I got bored of this cd. It's great but somehow repetitive.

Muzic Junkie

Slipknots performing tonight. ( Newzealand)

I hate to admit this but Slipknot are actually growing on me. i used to hate them and think they're really crap but

Idk now
I'm stil saying i hate them......

roflestiltskin

I just listened to self titled for the first time in like 10 years.  I can't believe I own this cd.

black coffee

A while ago I unearthed some of my old cd's from the basement for a car ride.
Was fun to listen to bands like Korn, Sevendust and of course Slipknot again. Brought back some memories as well.

Then when I got back home I put those cd's back where they belong - a box in the basement ;)

roflestiltskin

Haha yeah dude.  Korn keeps popping up on deftones pandora.  But I've recently busted out some old tunes.  It's fucking great.  I've been rocking Puya, Earth Crisis, and Silverchair lately.

YOU'RE 555 I'M 666!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaha

theis

I take back everything I said about this band previously in this thread.

Saw them at Roskilde Festival and it was fucking awesome.

Corey Taylor is a world class performer and he knows how to hold an audience in an iron grip.

Impressive vocal talents too.

digital bath

I was a really, really big fan back then when self titled came out and wait and bleed was on TV.
One of the first big shows I saw was with Metallica, Slipknot and Lost Prophets (which were booed off the stage after 2 and a half song :) )
I'd loved them more then deftones :-[
But when I began to grow, all the "dark" music like Korn and slipknot, which I really adored, became more and more shit to me and I stopped listening to it more and more.
Corey Taylor is an awesome musican, he has a very beautiful and powerful voice, he is magical and the old stone sour demos are gems.
Slipknot is a good band with good songs, but in my opinion it's more something for teenagers in their dark period who needs someting like a leader or "godhead", it's just like a cult when you're a "maggot".

DeftonesNZ

Feel the same way I'm pretty sure I went through all the normal stages of a teenage boy, started with Nirvana then Metallica then SOAD then Slipknot, it's great if you're a teen angry at your parents or something but after a while the masks just seem kind of fucked up and dumb and you start respecting yourself to much to be called a maggot lol.Overall I think the musics good but the fans aren't they're either teens which is pretty cool but then there are those adults who never moved onto anything else and they're usually dicks, I know this one chick who says she's Slipknots biggest fan and she means it literally lol she will full out yell and scream argue with someone if they say they are.

people are people

sing blue silver

from www.slipknot1.com

"To our Maggots and fans around the world,
It is with great pain but quiet respect, that for personal reasons Joey Jordison and Slipknot are parting ways. We all wish Joey the best in whatever his future holds. We understand that many of you will want to know how and why this has come to be, and we will do our best to respond to these questions in the near future. It is our love for all of you, as well as for the music we create, that spurs us to continue on and move forward with our plans for releasing new material in the next year. We hope that all of you will come to understand this, and we appreciate your continued support while we plan the next phase of the future of Slipknot.
Thank you,
The 'Knot"

deftones47

Aw man! Joey's gone too?

Well at least Slipknot have announced new material and also Joey has Scar the Martyr to work in.

people are people

I'm surprised yet understand the move. This is a huge blow to Slipknot.
Whoever they decide to drum for the band has some serious shoes to fill.

sing blue silver

I'm honestly shocked that they'd even continue. Joey and Paul were the main writers. I can understand continuing after Paul's death to keep his music alive but they always said they'd never continue without the original members. Joey was the only one really actively working on new Slipknot material over the last few years so with this promise of new material in the next year it makes you wonder if they'll be forced to start from scratch, if they'll use Joey's music or if perhaps he had already recorded things and they'll complete the album without him and bring in a touring drummer. Either way, it won't be the same and whoever steps into the role of their drummer really won't ever be able to live up to Joey's legacy. Joey was the one really pushing for the band to continue after Paul's death but I guess he finally gave up on trying. Also Joey doesn't look the healthiest these days. It seems he's been drinking like a madman and put on a lot of weight. The whole situation seems pretty strange. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

DeftonesNZ

I could definitely see why he would leave it must get frustrating waiting for Corey to do all his bigger projects and I could also imagine that some artistic differences have arisen, I just don't think Coreys the same guy it's like he has moved away from Slipknot more and more over the years to the point where he and the rest of the guys have lost that compatability they had.