Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bullshit Thread #7

Started by Drop-Dead, Sep 15, 2005, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

its something that has existed for many hundreds of years, the Nazis only took advantage of the general mistrust towards jews in a time the world economy was in a bad state with the great depression. Also lots of money was needed to build tanks and weapons so disowning the jews was an easy way to accomplish that. What I find so interesting is that pretty much every person has an opinion on Israel and the ongoing conflicts in Gaza and West Bank ... its an emotional subject for many, especially for Muslims. Then you have things like Boko Haram or the Islamic State movement in Iraq, Syria and Iran.... and people are more like "well this is terrible for the people there, but its kinda not my conflict". Whilst everyone knows things better when it comes to Israel.

blixa

umm, hello, pakistan? a lot of people seem to forget that millions of hindus and sikhs were displaced when that country was formed. lets not talk about how many people actually died. my friend is really anti-israel (he's palestinian) and when i got sick of his shit i brought up pakistan and his immediate response was, "that's different". no, it really isn't. at least with the jews they had some connection to the land in the way that they actually once lived there as opposed to the pakistanis. i guess because pakistan is a muslim country that they get free concession of some sorts in the eyes of other muslims. i think the israel reaction has been over the top but i understand why it feels that it needs to protect itself.

media reporting ever since the israel-gaza conflict has started has been unbalanced. whenever i viewed a post about people suffering under isis in iraq on fb there would be some fucking arsehole that would be like, "what about gaza? why aren't we talking about gaza?"

blixa

someone should organise the board awards. i feel like filling out questionnaires.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Mariam, you always clamor for them and end up doing the work. Why change things?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

why do i have to do everything and by everything i mean the board awards.

Crazylegs

you seem to be the most enthusiastic about it.

bright lights, big city

oh we appreciate it and enjoy it, but we're all just lazy. you, mariam, on the other hand, are a real go-getter. a class act all the way. a true scholar and professional.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i have essays and an overdue assignment to do. i'm none of those things you mentioned, mark hahaha

black coffee

so what do yall think about the leaked nude pictures? I didn't see any of those of course, just interested in opinions.

Crazylegs

Top tier celeb nudity, no doubt.

black coffee

heres a link, not that I plan on downloading it as its wrong in so many ways

http://uploaded.net/file/tquusfkq/THE%20FAPPENING.rar

Crazylegs

chick de la lynch

Not a fan of women having their privacy invaded and their intimate photos spread across the interwebs without their consent.

bright lights, big city

Look, there's this impulse that really makes my friend think about seeing women naked. Especially with actresses in movies and when my friend is watching tv. "Oh my stars, I haven't seen her naked yet!" my friend tells me. So he clicks before his mind even processes what it's doing. That's just what I've heard from my friend.
DERP

chick de la lynch

I can understand the intrigue of it all, but the way the photos were procured is just not right. Here's an article every one should read:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/09/01/jennifer-lawrence-nude-photo-leak-isnt-a-scandal-its-a-sex-crime/

blixa

black coffee

that was weird. Anyways what is so funny about Louis CK? I never really got that

blixa

he's, uhhhh, brilliant.

that video is from 2012. he predicted all this!!!! hahaha

Crazylegs

Quote from: black coffee on Sep 04, 2014, 02:11 PM
that was weird. Anyways what is so funny about Louis CK? I never really got that

Have you seen his show? Dare i call it the best "comedy" show since the office? Yes i do.