4. Schism
5. Rosetta Stoned
6. Right in Two
7. 10,000 Years, Part 2
8. Lateralus
9. Vicarious

show started at 9:10 and ended at 11

law

Not bad. Still, they could do to mix it up a bit more.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Law on Jun 22, 2007, 01:18 PM

they arent gonna mix the setlist much because that means theyd have to re set up the entire lazer show... so it just makes sense that the setlist will stay predominately the same

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

White Wrist

10000 days part 2. I am so jealous!

law

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 22, 2007, 05:52 PM

they arent gonna mix the setlist much because that means theyd have to re set up the entire lazer show... so it just makes sense that the setlist will stay predominately the same

I don't buy that at all from a fans perspective. Pre production for tours which can take months can prepare for all that sort of thing, and it's not like tool are some small time band. Overall its weak in my opinion.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Law on Jun 24, 2007, 11:52 PM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 22, 2007, 05:52 PM

I don't buy that at all from a fans perspective. Pre production for tours which can take months can prepare for all that sort of thing, and it's not like tool are some small time band. Overall its weak in my opinion.

i dont know how a band can play the same setlist all the time, cause it would get boring to me. not boring, but u know, old. worn out to keep playing the same songs every night

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Breach Unborn

at the St. Louis show 2 nights after the Peoria show they played the exact same setlist plus The Pot

law

Meh, oh well... at least they are still one of the best live bands on the planet.

[youtube=425,350]WUKz-giPztA[/youtube]

THis live version of the grudge is fucking mint, it sounds way too good!

White Wrist

oh!

where is this? i mean...their show is different now!this is from 10 000 days era, but no screens? i got to see them alive! they have to come to Portugal!

dredgonline

Tool is my favorite band and I was fortunate enough to see them live back in 2002 during the Lateralus tour. I don't see why people are complaining about the setlist, just the experience of getting to see Tool play any song live is incredible. I would pay $50 just to watch 10,000 Days (Wings Pt. II) performed live, I consider that song epic and I would kill to see it. Maybe I'll get the chance if they ever get around to the Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse area again, I dunno what the hell happened on this tour.

law

I wasn't really moaning at them, I was just giving an opinion about the setlist generally. I know Tool are amazing live, probably the best band I have ever seen, but I still think a few more extraordinary changes wouldn't be too much hassle, for a big time band.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Law on Jun 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
I wasn't really moaning at them, I was just giving an opinion about the setlist generally. I know Tool are amazing live, probably the best band I have ever seen, but I still think a few more extraordinary changes wouldn't be too much hassle, for a big time band.

with tool, there might be a reason they play that order. with all there math theories

at the concert last year, when they played lateralus, the audience was one. and it was completely overwhelming. indescribable

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

law

I can imagine, I'd love to see that live.

alvarezbassist17

i saw them on tuesday, and it was incredible, their laser light show is something else, i'd love to see it on some kind of psychedelic drug.

Fireal1222

Quote from: alvarezbassist17 on Jun 29, 2007, 06:55 AM
i saw them on tuesday, and it was incredible, their laser light show is something else, i'd love to see it on some kind of psychedelic drug.

my friend eric was at the same show as me (not with me) tripping his balls off on a batch of shrooms i gave him a few weeks earlier.. he said it was the most amazing night of his life.. it was close to being mine as well.. im happy i wasnt tripping, that night was a trip in itself

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Breach Unborn

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 27, 2007, 10:10 PM

with tool, there might be a reason they play that order. with all there math theories

at the concert last year, when they played lateralus, the audience was one. and it was completely overwhelming. indescribable

i would have to say that the "with my feet upon the ground i move myself between the sound.....we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been" was probably the coolest part of any song i've seen live

Fireal1222

Quote from: Breach Unborn on Jun 30, 2007, 03:58 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 27, 2007, 10:10 PM

i would have to say that the "with my feet upon the ground i move myself between the sound.....we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been" was probably the coolest part of any song i've seen live

thats one of my favorite parts of the song, just listening to it on headphones

the part where everything stops, and the hypnotizing drums come in, thats when all hell broke loose for me mentally

that night was so inspring

im listening to dredg right now, leitmotif is such a good cd

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Fireal1222

im not gonna change my last post. im gonna leave it as inspring.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

BLUMPKIN

fuck yeah, seeing them for the 4th time this thursday!

im a little disappointed in the setlist,  if they cut some of the fat they could easily throw in a few more songs....but it's tool, thats what they do, and they havent disappointed me yet

Grand Rapids is essentially a hometown show for Maynard, so maybe i'll get lucky and they'll throw in aenima at the end