Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUMPKIN

i was at this show in 2001, it was originally scheduled for 9/11 delayed for obvious reasons....one of the best prison sex vids ive ever seen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1nPgO6OJw3I

Fireal1222

i believe like a week after that show. tool played in my hometown wilkes barre

i hated tool back then, so i obviously didnt go, actually i didnt even know about it at the time

but anyway. the whole show is available on youtube. im sure just searching TOOL and WILKES BARRE. will bring up results for the show

anyway. its one of the best tool concerts ive ever seen on video

i really wish the tool concert from last year in wilkes barre was on video, cause thats the most amazing show ive ever seen

actually. my friend bought a ticket off of these kids in the parking lot who had an extra ticket.. they said they had been following tool around on the tour, and after the show, they said the wilkes barre show was BY FAR the best show of the tour

so thank you tool. thank you

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Breach Unborn

old, but still makes me laugh every time

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k

White Wrist

ahahah. maynard kicks ass!

never seen that! thx for share

and i saw this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cW3C1c_QdAo

Softparody

Maynard is awesome - no doubt about it.
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

Alvar

too bad that their songs are so long that they only can play "a few" on each concert. damnit, i miss so much of the lateralus stuff like parabol(a), the grudge, disposition, the patient (whole record) and i hope they sometime will play ticks&leeches again.
of course the 10k-Days songs are all on the same level (at least 4 me) and watching them play jambi and the pot live is just as well, but...
u know, they need to play longer shows or maybe make bigger changes to the single setlists and instead of covering funny songs that noone knows (like happened in recent shows) put in more of their own brilliant creations that i am missing so much these days...

but what the fuck am i complaining about? every singe tool song is worth to go to their concerts and even if they would play the same setlist for 10 years i would catch up every single show when they're around.

ok enough whining i will shut up and listen to lateralus again.

i love this band,
cheers

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

Quote from: Alvar on Jul 11, 2007, 05:09 PM
too bad that their songs are so long that they only can play "a few" on each concert. damnit, i miss so much of the lateralus stuff like parabol(a), the grudge, disposition, the patient (whole record) and i hope they sometime will play ticks&leeches again.
of course the 10k-Days songs are all on the same level (at least 4 me) and watching them play jambi and the pot live is just as well, but...
u know, they need to play longer shows or maybe make bigger changes to the single setlists and instead of covering funny songs that noone knows (like happened in recent shows) put in more of their own brilliant creations that i am missing so much these days...

but what the fuck am i complaining about? every singe tool song is worth to go to their concerts and even if they would play the same setlist for 10 years i would catch up every single show when they're around.

ok enough whining i will shut up and listen to lateralus again.

i love this band,
cheers

i miss the band during the lateralus tour.. they were much younger, and so much creepier.. i think they were on something every show

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

BLUMPKIN

ive seen them on the aenima tour, twice on the lateralus tour, then this past thursday (7/5) on the 10,000 days tour

yeah, they were definitely at their peak during the lateralus tours, but it doesnt change the fact that they are still the most amazing live act you can ever see in your lifetime.   the way they can recreate the sound of their albums live is fucking flawless.   i was about 10 rows away from Justin and holy shit, thats exactly where i needed to be....the sounds that come out of that mans bass is mindblowing, watching him taking his guitar up to his amp and creating those squeals with technical precision.....fuck, words cant even describe it

Fireal1222

ive listened to lateralus thousands of times. and for some reason tonight, the lyrics in the grudge. all seem to make sense.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

law

Why the hell isn't the grudge played live anymore?

edit: check out this amazing sync, nice mixing desk output :)

[youtube=425,350]dV4PRLBLwqA[/youtube]

Fireal1222

i wish tool would just play lateralus live from beginning to end when i see them again

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Metalhed

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jul 28, 2007, 08:21 AM
i wish tool would just play lateralus live from beginning to end when i see them again

That would be amazing.

Breach Unborn

not sure if i've posted this here or not, but this is one of my favorite youtube videos

Maynard judo tosses and chokes out a fan during Pushit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wE5LtDKPU

Alvar

Quote from: Breach Unborn on Jul 30, 2007, 11:24 PM
not sure if i've posted this here or not, but this is one of my favorite youtube videos

Maynard judo tosses and chokes out a fan during Pushit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-wE5LtDKPU

thats a classic.
once when maynard was asked about this in an interview he said something like "i had a bad day" :D

if this fan knew that maynard did martial arts maybe he didnt jump on the stage doing shit.

and i think maynard still could do this any time, if i look at recent shows he still seems very flexible and in shape.
i guess if u would jump on the stage now during the laser-shows he will give you a roundhouse-kick

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Fireal1222

maynard is satan in human form

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

neutron liar

in that video, it looks more like he was going to sodomize that guy and make fun of him in the process rather than kicking his ass....

maynard can be heard saying "you like that?"  which helps make me think of this conclusion.

yoda on mars

I finally fell in love with 10 000 days.

Jerry_Curls

I havent yet....

Oh man. I still remember seeing them for the first time. I think it was 2001 and man...that shit was intense. Seeing the couple from the Schism video on stage, walking around, hanging in mid air doing crazy ass shit.  Anyone have videos from the Verizon Amphitheatre show in socal?
/
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Fireal1222

Quote from: yoda on mars on Aug 03, 2007, 09:11 PM
I finally fell in love with 10 000 days.

the TMV concert in your signature is tight... thats from way back in the day

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

yoda on mars

shit man. I'm looking for the video man. do you have it mate?