Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scatterbrain

its a 7 dollar dvd,what did you expect??
im me and thats all ill ever be

Fireal1222

i enjoyed the dvd

and i thought david cross was really funny in the commentary. oh well. i thought it was worth the 8 bucks

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

scatterbrain

yeah it was, as well as other dvd singles.
i think the whole concept of the dvd singles is cool,i wish more bands would do it.
im me and thats all ill ever be

lostpilot

i so freakin love tool.
never get bored of them

st3v3n_g

I am also a fan of Tool, favorite albums - Ænima, and Lateralus in a very close second... haven't heard 10K Days yet though.

Kind of off-topic (Deftones-related) does anyone know the date and place where Maynard joined Deftones live to play 'Passenger'?  I used to have a semi-decent recording of it (long lost now) but the ID3 tag didn't have any info.  Would love to find out and search for the show.

We need a lighthouse for the lost and a beacon for the broken

tarkil

It was in Vancouver in 2000 something I think... Can't really be more helpful from memory... But I'm sure that will make a good start for you to search online...

edit :
I'd even say december 2000, but could be mistaken...

edit 2 :
I lost, here's the correct info :
2000-08-04    B.C. Place Stadium   Vancouver, Canada

1. Be Quiet And Drive (far away)
   2. My Own Summer (shove it)
   3. Feiticeira
   4. Change (in the house of flies)
   5. Root
   6. Bored
   7. Digital Bath
   8. Passenger (with maynard)
   9. Headup

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

st3v3n_g

^ Thanks man!  That's awesome, mucho appreciated.  If I find it you will find it on here for sure, then maybe one of our friends that's good with audio editing can remaster and make it sound even better ;)  (I say that 'cause the recording of Passenger I had wasn't that great)

Alvar

i only have the melkweg show where they also played passenger with maynard (i think is a soundboard)
never found the vancouver show :(

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

st3v3n_g

Holy crap, soundboard?  Damn that'd be awesome to hear... would you be willing to share or trade somehow?  If not I totally understand, as a trader I would think thats a special show right there

Alvar

Quote from: st3v3n_g on Jan 27, 2008, 01:43 PM
Holy crap, soundboard?  Damn that'd be awesome to hear... would you be willing to share or trade somehow?  If not I totally understand, as a trader I would think thats a special show right there

k, i looked it up and its partially soundboarded
setlist

booklet quality:
headup
MOS
Feiticeira
korea
change
bored

soundboard:
ATF
BQAD
passenger
digital bath
engine # 9
7 words

uploading it now...

*edit
here u go   http://www.sendspace.com/file/83op3a

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

st3v3n_g

Ah man, you guys here are awesome - Thank you!
I will be uploading a rather large show (mp3, big setlist) from Luna Park, Argentina 02-12-2007 which you will find on the Deftones Request & Download thread soon... peace and take care :)

tarkil

More info on this show :

2001-06-28
Venue:   Roskilde Festival,

1. Headup
   2. My Own Summer (Shove It)
   3. Feiticeira
   4. Korea
   5. Change (In The House Of Flies)
   6. Bored
   7. Around The Fur
   8. Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
   9. Passenger (w/ Maynard)
  10. Digital Bath
  11. Engine no9
  12. 7 Words

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

st3v3n_g

Thank you very much, it's a very good quality bootleg and I give you my gratitude for sharing it :)

garydouglas

jambi was probably the top guitar riff of '06    imo

lostpilot

..we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been...

st3v3n_g

Something I just remembered to post that I read about Lateralus on the AliceinChains.com Board a while back... Supposedly, the album was released in an incorrect track order.  I apologize if this was mentioned before but this thread's waaay too long for me to do the homework.  Anyway, I'll copy & paste:

"Change the tracks around into the spiral 06, 07, 05, 08, 04, 09, 13, 01, 12, 02, 11, 03, 10 and edit out the breaks between songs.  Giving you the tracklisting:

01. Parabol
02. Parabola
03. Schism
04. Ticks & Leeches
05. Mantra
06. Lateralus
07. Faaip de Oiad
08. The Grudge
09. Triad
10. Eon Blue Apocalypse
11. Reflection
12. The Patient
13. Disposition

Those guys purposely made a pattern with the song arrangement.  Knowing that, now go read the lyrics and it will start making sense. There are clever hints throughout the record.

If you can find software to edit out the spaces in between songs you are golden. Change the arrangement and then link the songs together to get rid of the breaks between songs and you'll see that it fits like a glove and makes the CD way way better.

In regards to the TOOL haters out there that always have to chime in that this stuff is "conspiracy theory of their fans" you guys need to just admit that this band fuggin rules. They put out a record every 5 years or so and they sell a ton of them and sell out all around the World and you can't stop the artistic machine that is TOOL.

Some people don't buy into what I'm saying about the arrangement but they control EVERY aspect of their art and always will. They don't care about being catchy, they don't care about 3 minute songs for radio and they sure don't arrange their record with any preconceived record company idea of appealing to the masses.

It was easy for TOOL to arrange the record incorrectly because they knew it would still be good and their fans would buy it no matter what and they'd pay attention to the words and figure it all out."

So, being bored and having extra time on my hands one day, I actually took the time to do this, listen to it, and it does sound plausible.  Anyone else know what I'm talking about here?

Fireal1222

here's the only reason i dont believe that order

( ive known that for years by the way )

because tool originally wrote. disposition. reflection. and triad  all as one long song. but they broke it down into 3 seperate songs to make it easier to digest

so if the spiral theory with the tracklisting was correct. they would have made it so that disposition reflection and triad are all next to eachother when you switch the order

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

White Wrist

i didnt knew about that order.

and i don´t believe...too much. i mean, tool are great, and complex. but they could make that order. and they didn´t, why complicate? maybe there is some truth in that, or maybe some logic, but i don´t know...we are always trying to complicate and making tool music something misterious. and it´s just simple. simple emotions. simple mind trips. and so on.

st3v3n_g

Quote from: Fireal1222
here's the only reason i dont believe that order
because tool originally wrote. disposition. reflection. and triad  all as one long song. but they broke it down into 3 seperate songs to make it easier to digest

See I also do agree with this flaw that's very obvious.  Some of the songs do kinda sound like they could flow into each other in a different track listing, but I'm sure you could probably do that with almost any album if you worked some little theory and created some little puzzle for other internet geeks with an obsession with a band that does purposefully mindfuck their fans even if the Spiral Theory isn't true, am I right?  ;)

Edit: Just thought I'd bump the topic on Tool on something I read about that some bored, overanalyzing Tool fan came up with... true or not it is creative

mr.sinister

QuoteTool are about to start writing material for their fifth studio album, according to frontman Maynard James Keenan.

Speaking to MTV.com, Keenan revealed: "We're going to start writing the new Tool record right away." He gave no word on when the group would begin recording, but the band's touring schedule is currently wide open.

"The music always comes first," Keenan said. "We all get in a room, shut out all the extra noises from the other people and what goes on outside the room and just focus on the four of us, where we are that day. And then we just start making sounds."