Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

tool

Started by Justin_UGR, Oct 19, 2005, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflestiltskin

The soundboard audio makes it sound so much better.  The drummer sang it.

deftoolsys07

No shit dude? I was looking for the vocalist the whole time and thought maybe the drummer was singing, how the fuck do you play tool and sing at the same time? Major props to him!!!
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Crazylegs

One year ago someone posted this on the tool site:

Quote"All right, moving forward. No matter how many new TOOL tunes are currently complete, I will personally guarantee that the new CD will be released on MAY 22, 2012 (or MAY 15, 2012). And unlike that old f**k rattling the shingles with his cauliflower and mini-Cheddars flatulence, my calculation is not based on some preposterous coded Biblical numerology. Instead, it comes from a credible source who, himself, obtained the information via trance-contact (which was written down on a scratch pad) from an interplanetary avatar (and sector commander) named ZEMKLA JR. from the city of Farlon on the planet Selo (in the Bernard's Star System)."

Can't wait for tomorrow.

theis

Jacob

Quote from: roflestiltskin on May 02, 2012, 04:31 AM
The soundboard audio makes it sound so much better.  The drummer sang it.

good job.

he sounds very much like MJK.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Crazylegs

I've fallen in love with tool all over again, I've been listening to lateralus so much lately. Jesus is it ever some good.

x Rx King x

ITS TOOL DAMMIT! I was looking through and never found a tool thread....

Crazylegs

There's a 117 page thread right hurr:

http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,6715.2320.html

I are dissapoint at your search engine competance.

x Rx King x

Well titties... i'll be damned. there was a tool thread after all. REVIVED! i just bought Lateralus, 2 LP Picture discs. kick ass album.

Tempest2012

I just got the 10,000 Days album and the packaging is awesome!
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: Tempest2012 on Oct 10, 2012, 01:31 AM
I just got the 10,000 Days album and the packaging is awesome!

*Claps

bewareofrats

I just wanted to drop by and state: Tool a sucks.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Tempest2012

Quote from: bewareofrats on Oct 10, 2012, 03:34 AM
I just wanted to drop by and state: Tool a sucks.
How?
Minnesota Vikings - 4-1
NFL Picks 6-7

sing blue silver

I love tool and I used to be a massive fan but its become increasingly apparent over their career that they don't give a shit about the fans and I'm fairly certain they could care less about music now as well. If I had met them 6 years ago I'd be gushing about how great they are, if I met them now I'd call them a bunch of assholes. Aaron Turner said they plan on going into the studio in Jan. or Feb. I'm not counting on it and they're so disconnected from music it seems that a new tool album would probably be lacking any passion whatsoever and its just the band going through the motions. We're coming on 7 years since 10,000 days. That's a little ridiculous to me. This band made some incredible music and their live show (though repetitive as fuck) is still something you should definitely see given the chance, but I'm a little sick of that laziness at this point.

DeftonesNZ

I think they feel like they've done as well as they can musically so their doing others things, i like them but it was getting ridiculous with those random padding songs like lipan conjuring either they were trying to be deep or just trying to fill an album either way i am sick of all the songs you have to skip when listening to them I wish they'd do an album like undertow not necessarily same sound but shorter songs without 3 minutes of humming and shit on every track, that has its place but not every song should be used like deftones did with Pink Maggit.

Playhouse

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 10, 2012, 12:57 PM
I love tool and I used to be a massive fan but its become increasingly apparent over their career that they don't give a shit about the fans and I'm fairly certain they could care less about music now as well. If I had met them 6 years ago I'd be gushing about how great they are, if I met them now I'd call them a bunch of assholes. Aaron Turner said they plan on going into the studio in Jan. or Feb. I'm not counting on it and they're so disconnected from music it seems that a new tool album would probably be lacking any passion whatsoever and its just the band going through the motions. We're coming on 7 years since 10,000 days. That's a little ridiculous to me. This band made some incredible music and their live show (though repetitive as fuck) is still something you should definitely see given the chance, but I'm a little sick of that laziness at this point.

Artist Spotlight-Danny Carey Interview 2012 (FULL) HD
3:00

sing blue silver

Yes I've seen that interview back in March when it was posted. They still haven't entered the studio or finished writing. Hell, Maynard hasn't even joined them in the jam spot yet. What they hope to do and what happens are two vastly different things.

Playhouse

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes I've seen that interview back in March when it was posted. They still haven't entered the studio or finished writing. Hell, Maynard hasn't even joined them in the jam spot yet. What they hope to do and what happens are two vastly different things.
oh right, damm im hopin.

this is pretty sick
TOOL - Parabola (Maynard Only)

deftones86

Maynard is the asshole of the band and probably the reason why they don't make records every 2 or 3 years. Tool is massively overrated. I still enjoy them but they arent as great as some tool fans would lead you to believe.

deftoolsys07

Quote from: deftones86 on Oct 10, 2012, 04:41 PM
Maynard is the asshole of the band and probably the reason why they don't make records every 2 or 3 years. Tool is massively overrated. I still enjoy them but they arent as great as some tool fans would lead you to believe.

Well so far, it seems that the band (everyone aside from Maynard) just hasn't finished their work for Maynard to sing on top of, which apparently is how they work. So in the meantime Maynard is doing Puscifer, APC, the wine business, etc... to keep himself busy until the rest of the guys get it together. I heard Adam just got a divorce, that may have slowed things down. I'm sure they're just trying to perfect everything and let the music age like wine, no pun intended, and then go back to it after seeing if it stands the test of time for themselves... Because I'm pretty damn sure this will be their last album now... I know even Maynard said he'd love to make music with Tool until one of them dies, but realistically after this album, I think they'll throw in the towel...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/