Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Just a question, who writes the tour diary blog, is it Jeff?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Probably, that My Space is done by Jeff.

Chrisbo

Oh right cool! He was the only one I didnt get to meet or shake hands with, and he's probably the one I wanted to meet most (apart from Grady). He seemed pretty shy, apart from when he was performing.

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

They're all great guys really. Didn't really speak with them this time around, guess I was at loss of words plus I didn't want to bother them much.
Last time I got to talk to all of them briefly, take pics...
Cool.

Chrisbo

Heh, Mitch seems like a bit of a joker. When they were packing the gear away, the crowd was calling for Jeff but he kinda walked away, then Mitch grabbed him yelling 'I've got the bastard' and proceeded to shake him and try and drag him over to the crowd, hehe! Mike's a pretty cool dude too, big guy!

Martin

Yeah! Both Grady and Mike are tall! Mike is a friendly dude and Grady's a quiet, laid back person. And cool.

vadimo

lol thats funny. I just found out that Lucky 9 (u know Colin vocalist from Hundred Reasons) supporting at the peel, its going to be fucking good night. Can u dudes post a group pic of WH? I need to know who is who.

Im gonna bring Carpe Diem album with white pen and get them all to sign it.

Martin

Lucky Nine are awesome :) Has a member who used to be in ET9 (drummer, right?).
Check out my site (see signature) for pics of the band.

Chrisbo

Mitch is the drummer, Mike is the bassist, Jeff is the guitarist, Cayle is the other guitarist (is he actually a member of the band now or is he just touring with them, I know he was in Ghostride too?) and Grady is the vocalist.

The Lucky Nine, damn that's a good support act! yeah, you're right Tuck, there is a member of Earthtone 9 in them, cant remember if it's the drummer or not.

vadimo

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 20, 2006, 06:40 PM
Lucky Nine are awesome :) Has a member who used to be in ET9 (drummer, right?).
Check out my site (see signature) for pics of the band.

shit how could i have forgotten about that. I just hope there will be no these Hardcore pricks swining their fists, i just want to have few pints with my mate enjoy Lucky 9 and mosh to WH.

oh and a drinking seession also refresh our heads with WH and Lucky 9 music  before we go.

Chrisbo

Haha, we had a few of those guys in Glasgow but they left before Will Haven thank the lord! One of them almost started a fight because a guy he ran into pushed him away.

vadimo

Chrisbo

Gaz

at the Manchester show there were a few hecklers for WH, I was suprised actually, I think they were fat meat headed skin heads that were only there for Crowbar, I'm all for paying for a band you wanna see, but giving WH shit is a bit out of order.

Martin

@ Crisbo:Yes, Cayle is now a full member for Will Haven. Loads of stuff was recorded (especially on 'Carpe Diem') with 2 guitars, so it can all come out now.
A bit weird as I always saw Will Haven as a 4 piece, and Cayle is younger (I think) then all of them (Mitch included), but that all doesn't matter; it sounds awesome!

Chrisbo

Oh right that's cool! He added quite a bit of energy to the show so that's cool he's now a full member. So how was the Oxford show?

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Mar 21, 2006, 01:22 AM
at the Manchester show there were a few hecklers for WH, I was suprised actually, I think they were fat meat headed skin heads that were only there for Crowbar, I'm all for paying for a band you wanna see, but giving WH shit is a bit out of order.

In my book they're just fucking dickheads who ruin it for the true fans. A band like Will Haven do not deserve that kind of shit.

Martin

Oxford was brilliant! At the London and Portsmouth shows I think I held back a little bit, seeing how my health was, and I still had shows to go, now I just went for it.
Stood just about at the front, carved my space and headbanged about as much as the band did. All my clothes were soaked afterwards.

Soon (could be tomorrow) I'll post full reviews of the shows, including links to pics on freelivephoto's and a clip of "I've Seen My Fate" from the London show on Youtube.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 22, 2006, 03:08 PM
Stood just about at the front, carved my space and headbanged about as much as the band did. All my clothes were soaked afterwards.

Yup, that's pretty much what I did! The whole front row was in unison with the band hehe!

vadimo

ok u just saw Will Haven on 22nd @ The Peel. I have to say that i like to share my experince with everyone and been very detailed, so here my review:

Lucky 9:
They were supporting WH, they put on a good show, playing about 6/7 songs, abviously there was not enough energy and you could see that most people weren't acquainted with the band. But still manageds to rock.

Will Haven:
Now gods of hardcore! Me and my mate were standing, having few pints waiting for WH to play then some guy tapped me on a shoulder and asked if he can go through than i turn to my mate and said "fuck me this is WH vocalist" I have to say that he is short and you can see he is not very socialable person and he is not shy! I just got my El diablo album cover and asked him to sign it and said that i was looking forward to show on that which he thanked me.
The band rocked all the way through, people kinda sucked cause no one was moshing, only at the front small mosh pit with 5 people going mental and swining their fists, i thought that was taking a bit far and hurting each-other is not fun, well for me is not! So i tried moshing like a normall and i end up been hit and harshly pushed into other peole. So i thought fuck them and stood aside and continued my joy with headbaning.
I liked how Vocalist kept his mike to him self rather than throw in crowd to shout some shit also he wasnt talking between songs which just proves my point about him been not very socialable person.
Got such a good memories after show i saw drummer giving out couple drum sticks so I asked him and he said "sorry i cant give more" so as i about to walk away he reaches to his drum sticks-holder and passes me one, i gues he just felt like why not, its fan that just wants to keep as souvenir (such a nice guy).

GHOSTRIDE updates:
So i managed to get hold of drummer after again and asked about GR , he said that they stop that for a while with new album and bigger tour comming up. Also i asked about playing with Deftones, which he said thats likly to happen. I thanked him, said that GR rocks, they did great show and shook his hand.
I also got my El diablo signed by the guitarist, he looked the youngest in a band so i imagine its a dude from GR taht joind WH. So how i understood him (it was still loud cause they plaid music) GR is likly be over and they will have another project comming up.

PRICK:
I have to say this cause i never seen anyone that rude and stupid. This guy looked about 16. Was telling Lucky 9, how many songs they have left to play and do they have to play them all. Kept booing them. At WH he asked for water of vocalist, been nice he shared 1 liter bottle water with the Prick and he just passe it to everyone else instead of returning and saying thank you. He speilt water on me and i just grabbed him in crowd and wiped out my sleev and jacked against him. That prick tried have fight in mosh and Vocalist oushed him off few times (well done). After the show he got drum stick too which i think he didnt deserv. My friend and me told him taht he is been dickhead, my mate tried buy drum stick off him, after he took money he tried to escape and my mate grabbed him, got his £ back. I have such great repulsion towards him, even want to actually punch him but im gladded i managed to wiped my cloth off him, lol. Instead of making this gig a great/welcomed experince that prick ruind it all.

Finally:
New song sounded very good, very fast drumming and heavy, oh boy when their album out its going to kick all these emo/core shitty bands asrses.
So i end up with drum stick and signed el diablo and had talk to band members, god that gig felt so special, memories for a life.

Sorry if that was too long review or my bad english but i just had to share it all with you fans.

Martin

Thanks for the review Vadimo!
Grady not a very sociable person? I don't know. I think he is, but he just keeps to himself. Four years ago, when they played London's Mean Fiddler as well, I got to talk to him briefly. I asked him what his lyrics were about...and he just thought for awhile, smiled, looked around, thought some more and finally answered 'woman & life'. That's a short answer, in which he really says a fuck lot.

To add to it; the new song is called something like 'Frontrow Curbside', someone I know told me  8)
Plus, it was also played at their reunion show, which you can download from my site (well, not from my site, but the link is there).