Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

Sounds like a cool show despite the annoyances! There's always someone who has to be a dick aint there?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Chrisbo

Hey Tuck, great pictures you've got of Will Haven up on freelivephotos man!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

ToneDef

I really wanted to see them recently, but I had no money to go which is a shame.

The kind of people Vadimo spoke of really can annoy me at shows. I'm all for people going crazy if that's what they wanna do. I have no problem with that whatsoever. But it's when they ruin it for the people that actually go there to see a show that annoys me. It happened when I saw Dredg at the Mean Fiddler. I was a couple rows from the front and just getting caught in some people doing their best to jump around and shit. But I mean it was fucking Dredg man, I went there to see them not go crazy.

I dunno, it just kind of gets on my nerves when it gets spoiled like that.

Martin

Thanks man! Hahah you found out already!
Gonna write a bit of a review on all 3 shows, post in plus foto's plus a movieclip.

Speaking of that movieclip, I tried uploading it to You Tube. PLayed it, you know what? The sound comes in before the image does...
now where have we seen that before???

vadimo

i dunno but i thought Grady wasnt very sociable thats the impression i got.

Martin

Lot of people have that though.

Back to the tour: I posted a review of the 3 gigs I went to (London, Portsmouth and Oxford) on my site, along with pictures of all 3 gigs and a movieclip of "I've Seen My Fate" up for download here (if someone wants to host this clip, go ahead, I tried uploading it to You Tube, but it displays the movie with the sound coming in before the image).

Enjoy!

Chrisbo

Damn, I would have loved to have seen them doing Jaworski live...Ah well! Haha, headbanging a girls shoulder eh? Just as well you didnt sneeze on her. Was she hot? Lol jokes! Liking how he got a few digs in at mcr and myspace.
Sounds like great fun man! I would love to do that one day, just take a wee holiday and go to see a few dates on a bands tour.

Martin

Haha it felt like a sneeze, but that was just cuz it was tingeling, not that I really had to sneeze. The girl was sweet, she rubbed my nose haha
You should do that, it's do-able if the tour's anounced ahead of time. You can plan everything and figure out what it's likely to cost (and then exceed it when you get there haha).

Chrisbo

Maybe in a few years time...when i actually get a job and start making money hehe!

Martin

Hahah true. Dunno how I'm ableto afford this really...one day, I'm sure, tax or something like that will catch me haha

Chrisbo

Martin

vadimo

cool video, tuck man maybe you could upload or share whole show?

btw: at the peel there was dude behind me filiming and after show i lost him, was so pissed off.

Martin

If I had a whole show I would, I just took small clips with my digital photocamera, it won't allow me to take clips longer then 3 minutes.

vadimo

ok ok, well thanks for that anyway. god where all WH fans gone? its just 3 of us lol

Chrisbo

That's what I was thinking (apart from Tonedef's post)!  >:( Angry smiley, for the fact no ones on about WH in this thread part from us three, but then it is UK tour part 2 ah bvut what the fuck! WH RULE!!!

ToneDef

Yeah man, I love William H. I should post in here more often.

Malpractice

i hope will haven do a US headlining tour this year too. because i know if they play in NY i will probably be like the only person there lol

that sucks that you asked Cayle about Ghostride and he said that they were pretty much done. They had so much potential and i liked them even more than Will Haven

Martin

It's a pity there's not many Will Haven fans, but then again, they remain a pretty underground band. You'd think most Deftones would know them, since they've toured with them and everywhere you go Deftones wise, like biographie, videographie, fansites etc, the name pops up.

Ow well, they got some love from the UK, some in Australia, Japan and some in Europe (like The Netherlands, Germany & France).
We just need to spread the word about William H and show support at the shows.

vadimo

Quote from: Malpractice on Mar 26, 2006, 10:55 PM
i hope will haven do a US headlining tour this year too. because i know if they play in NY i will probably be like the only person there lol

that sucks that you asked Cayle about Ghostride and he said that they were pretty much done. They had so much potential and i liked them even more than Will Haven

good to see some people joining in. Im sure that they are more popular in US im suprised that u think you will be only one, they made EU tour im sure US tour will have much more fans.

Also as i said about me talking to Cayle about Ghostride. It was still loud in that place and thats how i understood him.

Im sure will haven's new album and if they support deftones on the tour they will be much more recognized. I think these emo/hardcore kids would read WH review and be like oh dude we must check it out and they will like it and pass it on to other people.