Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Will Haven

Started by Martin, Jan 06, 2006, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin

@ Vadimo: Will Haven has more support in the UK then in the US, for real.

ToneDef

Word. They get a lot of support over here. Reading their tour diary it seems they got a lot of love for the UK too. It's always nice to read something like that.

Martin

Can imagine them liking the UK, not only because of the support but because of the country; people, culture (especially the part where you head of to a pub with your collegeaus after a day's work), history, landscape...yup, I love it too.

Chrisbo

Yeah I agree! Actually, did you see how many comments they got from folk at the London show and UK in general on my space, they got shitloads of love! They surely must like the UK hehe!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

vadimo

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 27, 2006, 02:46 PM
@ Vadimo: Will Haven has more support in the UK then in the US, for real.

REALLY?  :o

I just stuck to my believe that US bands got more support in US rather than EU. Ohhh

I also like UK, never been in US but from what i hear or know i prefer UK. The only big disadvantage is that property cost fuck loads of money, LOADS!

Malpractice

Will Haven aren't completly unknown in the US but they are not far off. They got a pretty big CA fanbase but still not even that big (their hometown shows rarely sell out). Whatever fanbase they do have in the US it was definetly from their tours with Deftones, Far, Soulfly, Slipknot, V.O.D, ETC

They are kind of same as like Amen where they are from the US but they only have a small cult following here while they are huge in the rest of the world especially the UK

Martin

Chrisbo

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 28, 2006, 12:52 PM
The cult of William H.

Add Mary on the end of that, hahaha!

Anyway, that would a cool title for a book or something!

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Martin

Thanks to reading the shoutbox I know get (kinda) what you meant haha

Chrisbo

Yeah Macy that was it.

The Cult of William H. Macy

Martin

For anyone who's intrested, I just ripped the available movies from the reunion show at the Boardwalk to crappy MP3's.
Uploading it to Megaupload now.

EDIT: Uploaded. Click here.

law

Quote from: Tuck on Mar 27, 2006, 04:19 PM
Can imagine them liking the UK, not only because of the support but because of the country; people, culture (especially the part where you head of to a pub with your collegeaus after a day's work), history, landscape...yup, I love it too.

hehe, UK pubs rule period... along with a convienently placed take away a few doors down lol.

Chrisbo

Haha yeah man! Here the street setout goes pub - turkish kebab takeaway - pub - chippy - pub - another turkish kebab place - maybe another pub. Then on the other side of the road it's a repeat of this side! Damn, the chips are tasty in those turkish kebab joints, fuck yeah! I could murder for some right now! Well preferably some beer first, but yeah, you get me!

So Will Haven supporting Deftones, June, wishful thinking? Well if they get announced for Download (which is possible) then I'd bet it's a dead-cert!

Also, cheers Tuck!  :)

The Captain

WHVN killed it last night, as did DVH and 847

Gaz

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 12, 2006, 06:38 PM

So Will Haven supporting Deftones, June, wishful thinking? Well if they get announced for Download (which is possible) then I'd bet it's a dead-cert!

that would be awesome if it happens, especially because im coming to Glasgow to see the 'Tones.

Martin

Quote from: The Captain on Apr 16, 2006, 01:45 AM

Nice 8)
How's things Capt'n?

Chrisbo

Quote from: The Captain on Apr 16, 2006, 01:45 AM

Whoa whoa whoa! It's El Capitano! Hey dude! What's up? Yeah WH always kick their shit man!

Quote from: Ghost of a Bullet on Apr 16, 2006, 01:52 AM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 12, 2006, 06:38 PM

that would be awesome if it happens, especially because im coming to Glasgow to see the 'Tones.

Yeah man, it would be easy to say that that would be the best gig I'd ever go to or been to, no shit! I dont know what it is, I just have this strong inkling that it's gonna happen! Well I'm keeping hope anyway!

vadimo

guys are u saying that WH are supporting deftones in summer for sure?  ???

Chrisbo

Nah, nah man! Just it would be cool if they did! It's just a rumour just now! But there's nothing to say they couldnt do it

QuoteWithout even releasing any new material the band finds themselves with tour
dates in Australia in the Spring of 2006 and plans are in the works to go out
with hometown friends the Deftones in the summer of 2006.
Speaking about the reunion guitarist Jeff Irwin says:

http://www.rock3.co.uk/rock3radio/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=180

There ya go man!

Martin

Cool!

Someone on the Ghostride forum's going to post pics and clips of the show they did with Death Valley High and Eightfourseven soon.
He also mentioned Will Haven played 'Dressed In Night's Clothes', 'Fresno' and 'Slopez' during their set. How cool's that?!!