Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minus_blindfold

if you havent read life expectancy then u should. im really enjoying it!

i finished the da vinci code 2 weeks ago. what did people think bout that. i personally really liked it. it didnt let me down

Well, I've been lickin' this carpet for 3 whole hours and I don't feel like a lesbian.

Azwethinkweiz

Lately i'm reading Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis.

Great book.

tarkil

Quote from: "Mazzy"I'm reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky.

That's a fucking great book... I loved it very very much...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Martin

Currently got reading a book on memory, and how to boost it (one in the vast collection of '....for dummies'). Got that, and a book to increase your reading capasity, today from the liberary (sp).

TheProzacFairy

Quote from: "hydroponic82"he once dropped a cigar ash on my carpet.
and i made him pick it up.................

with his anus.

LMAO!!!  :lol:

BigDave

i finished dark tower part 3 this morning, it was excellent.  and i started cabal by clive barker later on.  i work in a bookshop aswell, it's awesome 80% of the time.

rxqueen

Quote from: "hydroponic82"harry potter books are a tool of satan..

! Seriously..

I'm reading a german book right now and I'm too lazy to search for the english title.. It's about 'education for all circumstances'. :roll: Haha, it's written really cool..

defskull

Quote from: "minus_blindfold"if you havent read life expectancy then u should. im really enjoying it!

i finished the da vinci code 2 weeks ago. what did people think bout that. i personally really liked it. it didnt let me down

I've got about 20 pages left. It's a great book and I'm glad it's being made into a movie. Can't wait for it.

BigDave

Quote from: "minus_blindfold"if you havent read life expectancy then u should. im really enjoying it!

the da vinci isn't very good, pretty avergae to be honest, like dean koontz.  but despite it being average, it's still fun to read, it's not amazing literature, it's just fun.

tarkil

Quote from: "BigDave"the da vinci isn't very good, pretty avergae to be honest, like dean koontz.  but despite it being average, it's still fun to read, it's not amazing literature, it's just fun.

My thoughts exactly...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

indychino

Quote from: "DeftonesATF27"Fuck books. i dont even know how to read. i know you all wanna be like me.

Bro...your the best. But maybe you should learn to read...ever heard of evolution>!?!?!?!?!?!

You could grow into a monkey

vida_mae

reading has nothing to do with the evolutionary processes.

indychino

Quote from: "vida_mae"reading has nothing to do with the evolutionary processes.

Of course it does...Not as in growing flippers/hair on toes etc etc.

But how are you supposed to evolve if you don't stretch the brain?

vida_mae

Quote from: "indychino"
Quote from: "vida_mae"reading has nothing to do with the evolutionary processes.

you mean civilization.. not evolution.

indychino

Quote from: "vida_mae"

yeah Ok...you got me.

Ive had chocolate for breakfast again

vida_mae

yeah Ok...you got me.

im sorry, i had to go there.. people get things confused with evolution all the time, and it drives me crazy... and ive read lots by darwin.. and this
guy named david buss... he wrote a book about the stratagies of human mating, and desire.. its such a good book, i got it at this bargin books store.. it was like five dollars or so... but its bad ass because it tells you what makes you attractive to mates, and how it is from evolution...

and chocolate is good.. it has lots of antioxidants.. and some kind of chemical in it.. but you have to eat the darkest chocolates, not cheap milk choclate, its filled with waxes. the real stuff is awesome, and is somewhat of a drug.. i read that the world is running out of real chocolate.. you know the plants they make it from arent growing... it kind of reminds me of 1984.. how great to mention in the book thread.

indychino

yeah Ok...you got me.

im sorry, i had to go there.. people get things confused with evolution all the time, and it drives me crazy... and ive read lots by darwin.. and this
guy named david buss... he wrote a book about the stratagies of human mating, and desire.. its such a good book, i got it at this bargin books store.. it was like five dollars or so... but its bad ass because it tells you what makes you attractive to mates, and how it is from evolution...

Whats the book? I love reading about natural selection etc. Just amazes me. Beats the shit outta this creation mumbo jumbo...

BTW Is it true that in biology books in the States they have little disclaimers about evolution being a theory.

I saw this Docomentary about it...shocked the living hell outta me

vida_mae

yeah Ok...you got me.

Whats the book? I love reading about natural selection etc. Just amazes me. Beats the shit outta this creation mumbo jumbo...

BTW Is it true that in biology books in the States they have little disclaimers about evolution being a theory.

I saw this Docomentary about it...shocked the living hell outta me

well if you seen a documentary on it.. it must be true.  :lol: jk! yes, and for the record, evolution is a theory.. but gravity is still a theory as well...

i havent seen a disclaimer in any of my books, i will check. thats interesting.. but there is a lot of contraversy in american public schools abouy  teaching creationism from what i understand they must also teach evolutionism..

the book is The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating, and its david buss, hes wrote A LOT of awesome books, and is a evolutionary psychology professer at u of texas

fightclubche

Also the fact that creationism got dismissed, people tried to push the "intelligent design" theory.

indychino

Quote from: "fightclubche"Also the fact that creationism got dismissed, people tried to push the "intelligent design" theory.
I heard that, Im not to sure what Intelligent Design is though.

Is it like the strong will survive? As in the best out of a species lives and the weakest can't mate so dies?