Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireal1222

Quote from: "ToneDef"
Quote from: "Fireal1222"wow, the last book i read was. "attack of the mutant"

its a goosebumps book

Piano Lessons Can be murder was the best one. Now that was some real literature.

im telling you man, even if you read attack of the mutant today. grown up and all, you'd love it. great book

oh and to answer if i read them under the influence. no i do not. i havent read a book since i was in like 7th grade..

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

rxqueen

Quote from: "ToneDef"Where the fuck does space end?  

That's the question. I could think about it for hours. There.. it ends.. no wait! There's a wall.. and behind the wall.. we look like ants..

ChickdelaLynch

I'm reading Invisible Monsters at the moment. It hasn't really captivated me like Lullaby and Choke.

Fast Food Nation and The Perks of Being a Wallflower are awesome books. The Awakening was good, too, but not as good as the former.

Those are just the books I've read in the past month.

stu

elaine:"they do good things...they read"
jerry:"i read"
elaine:"books, jerry"
jerry:"oh....big deal."

digital_maggit

I just finished Ender's shadow.   Fixin to read Shadow of the Hegemon next.

why?

i'm in the middle of beijing doll by Chun Sue
do. make. say. think.

BigDave

finished king of torts.  it was as bad as i expected it to be, grisham really does love anti-climatic endings.  started of mice and men, it's amazing so far.

ToneDef

I had to read Of Mice And Men at school. It's fucking shit because of that.

DeftonesATF27

anybody here read Friedrich Nietzsche? Beyond Good and Evil? yeah didnt think so, back up off my literary nuts.

vida_mae

yes, ive read nietzsche, whats the discussion you want to have about it?

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: "vida_mae"yes, ive read nietzsche, whats the discussion you want to have about it?

uhhhh....I feel like wayne in waynes world when they try to order food in that drive thru and the guy takes him seriously.

vida_mae

Quote from: "DeftonesATF27"
Quote from: "vida_mae"yes, ive read nietzsche, whats the discussion you want to have about it?

uhhhh....I feel like wayne in waynes world when they try to order food in that drive thru and the guy takes him seriously.

oh im sorry baberham lincoln.. i just thought you wanted to have an intellectual convo.. being the literary thread and all.. :lol:

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: "vida_mae"

oh im sorry baberham lincoln.. i just thought you wanted to have an intellectual convo.. being the literary thread and all.. :lol:

Lol yes i am baberham lincoln. but no i lied im still finishing this damn book and have nothing to add yet, i got turned onto him by jim morrison being so influenced by him, so i was like fuck it ill check it out. But id like to hear all about what you know about him........

lithium royalty

invisible monsters is good, i mean come on, snipers, transexuals and texans? but yeah i guess it doesnt beat whitches, nursery rhymes, and weirdos with mommy issues.

vida_mae

Quote from: "vida_mae"

Lol yes i am baberham lincoln. but no i lied im still finishing this damn book and have nothing to add yet, i got turned onto him by jim morrison being so influenced by him, so i was like fuck it ill check it out. But id like to hear all about what you know about him........

well what i no about him.. hmph. well i know hes a libra.. which fasinates me in reasons that would bore you, and i know that at the end of his life he was suffering from some kind of diasese or pain in his jaw i think.. im sorry its been a while.. but from what i have read and heard of him, this chronic pain,  kept his voice in a pessemistic point of view .i read notes from his " the fall and tragedy of modern man" his book from the turn of the century that inspired modernism, i think thats what is was called. but anyways, i like how he pointed out the man deludes himself into thinking he knows the absolute truth... how people are somewhat fanatical, and really think they have the answers.. how they become narrow minded and self righteous... i see that so much.. in myself and in others..but as far as philosopy goes i really enjoy heidegger..

DeftonesATF27

Thats fuckin cool. But tell me more about him being a libra, i actually have his same birthday october 15th, yeah boy.

ToneDef

Hey, I'm October 12th, whaddya know.

DeftonesATF27

ToneDef

Libra>any other starsign.

DeftonesATF27

Damn right, we are the kings.