Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesATF27

I've never been sufficiently drunk to enjoy anybodys input on Nietzsche, i prescribe the Burmese neck ring to these chumps for being so icy.

TheProzacFairy

I haven't read anything for awhile...I think i forgot how

good_morning_beautiful

i haven't hit the perverbial hardcovers in awhile.

the ;ast thing i read was a kurt vonnegut one, i just forget which.

vida_mae

it wasnt his latest book was it? i havent seen anyone who has read it here ...

rxqueen

I just read 'Brave new world' by Aldous Huxley. Piu Pau, really good and shoking. That would be my worst nightmare..

one weak

just finished william faulkner's The Wild Palms. good read.

Vlad Drac

Mad Magazine and other various sperm magz.

indychino

I reading (beleive it or not) Barry trotter (a Harry potter satire)

its really funny.
Apart from that:
once Where Warriors - Alan Duff...nothing like some good old fashioned drunk women beating, rape, suicide and gangs...and seafood

vida_mae

i went to a book signing a while ago, tucker max. he signed it "im awesome." hahaha!

Vlad Drac

Quote from: vida_mae on Mar 28, 2006, 07:09 AM
i went to a book signing a while ago, tucker max. he signed it "im awesome." hahaha!

Schwing! Schwing! Scwhing! Was it a hott fuck knowing you were getting pounded by a writer?

Vlad Drac

Tucker max Gave Vida Mae The Rusty Trumpet

vida_mae

no way.  there were SO MANY Groupies there... i didnt even go to the after party. the girl in front of me asked him to sign her copy, " Thanks for the fuck, tucker max." he was like ya, we should do that later...
it was crazy. plus, he was pissed that i had him sign the book to another persons name, because it wasnt for me! i dont really like him. hahaha! and he really isnt that hot in real life...i thought he would be much taller.

BigDave

i started reading 'the sea' by john banville, it's highly pretentious.

4th Eye

I'm reading Nietzsche's "Beyond Good And Evil" but I don't like it. Maybe because I have to read it for school and do an essay which is already three weeks late.

I'm also reading Marcus Aurelius' "Meditations" which I started two years ago but forgot about it.

Haven't been really active with reading lately.....

vida_mae

i dont know if anyone else has this probelm, but i try to read like 500 books at one time...its not a good thing, because i dont finish them... its like, im just waiting for the one book that i cannot put down..and i end up reading those good ones, more than once! and its feels like the first time. i have a stack of books, beside my bed, and currently 3 in my silver bag. some i dont want to tell you the titles of because they sound so stupid! im a sucker for old rare books. theres a few stores in eastown, that have the coolest ones. one i recently came by was linda goodman's "love signs '.. like the hard cover first edition, published back in the 70's its not worth a lot, but its so cool, because i have her new editions, and alot of other books by her... i like to collect rare astrology books... yep, thats right. im a loser. and to top off my nerdyness... i am undefeated at monopoly.

hahaha, even when ppl try that "if your in jail, you cant collect rent"... street rules.

BigDave

i read about 2, 3 max at a time, but its normally just one book that i devote most of my attention to.

@4th, its pretty hard going but keep going, you will be rewarded.  i have to do an essay on it too next week.  whats your essay?

vida_mae

omg! this is one of my fav books... its an old astrology book from the seventies.. its so cool. i would like to share in insert from it.. pg. 39

..." The Taurus women is also subject to hang-ups such as coprophilia, an extreme attraction to filth or dung. She handles the excrement or rubs it into her body. A fortunetly small minority of Taurus women suffer from a strong urge to urinate on the male (scatophagy) as part of the sexual foreplay, and some even consider the drinking of urine as an aphrodisiac..."

rxqueen

I'm taurus and what can I say? EWWW NO WAY!

vida_mae

wharf rat

She's German and a taurus, double whammy.