Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

a couple of my friends have read it, i don't know if ic an be bothered though, it just seem's overly pretentious to me.

vida_mae

oh wait, he has the subscription..they send it out like a month early, so you are right sweety pie... which brings up another question.. ahhhaha.. .why do guys keep magazines in the bathroom???

vida_mae

Quote from: BigDave on Apr 14, 2006, 07:59 PM
a couple of my friends have read it, i don't know if ic an be bothered though, it just seem's overly pretentious to me.

true, i hate when books are like super popular and lack information. I really honestly read non fiction, science and metaphysical books.. thats the section i go straight to when im at the book stores!

Breach Unborn

anyone else looked through Clive Barker's: Visions of Heaven and Hell ?

there is some really cool/weird/freaky shit in there

Jerry_Curls

15 pages left in 1984...decided to start reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BigDave

nicely done, awesome book.  you've inspired me to re-read 1984 soon aswell, cheers.

4th Eye

1984 is actually quite disturbing but good nevertheless. Animal Farm is good too. As is Fear and Loathing...

On a side note, fucking Nietzsche's still on page 40. :-\

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 15, 2006, 11:31 PM
15 pages left in 1984...decided to start reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I remember the last 15 pages. It's weird because I don't like the ending itself, yet I find it to be the best ending ever.

vida_mae

Moz La Punk

Jerry_Curls

That just gave me hardon.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

vida_mae

Jerry_Curls

Eh, I'm average. Nothing special.

So I don't know what to read after Fear and Loathing. I want a fiction book, great details, not boring, etc...should I read Misery?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

tarkil

No you don't want to read Stephen King... Stephen King was an 90's author... Now he should be burried !

Maybe you should try Palanihuk's Fight Club if you didn't read it...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

fireflyry

Tad Williams "Otherworld" series is well worth a look.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

4th Eye

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 19, 2006, 02:15 AMSo I don't know what to read after Fear and Loathing. I want a fiction book, great details, not boring, etc...should I read Misery?
Crichton's "Jurassic Park" and "The Lost World". Fictional, detailed and keeps you at it. Best books I've ever read.

BigDave

why not read stepehn king?  so what if he is a '90's writer', dickens is a 19th century writer and yet people still read him.  most of king's best work came out in the 70's and 80's, not the 90's.

i'd recommend misery for sure, as well as carrie, the shining, green mile, pet semetary, salems lot and laods others.

vida_mae

read something not popular.

BigDave

if a book is popular it automatically isn't good?

Chrisbo

Is there such thing as following a trend when it comes to reading a certain book? Hell, I think the fact that a book is popular means that it is actually pretty good.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life