Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 11, 2006, 09:44 PM
Rysensteen Gym.

(lige ved siden af hovedbanen)
Cool nok. Fuck jeg glæder mig til at komme ud af Gym. Mangler kun at brænde mine dansk og Historie papirer ! :)

O' Yeah, that reminds me. Foreigners, there's a danish book called "Nordkraft", i'm pretty sure it got translated to english. Try and find it, it's a kickass book.

Theme (s): Drugs, love, hate, finding one self.

Azwethinkweiz

Kickass book!

Lame movie!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 11, 2006, 09:49 PM
Kickass book!

Lame movie!
Saw the first half in school, sucked balls ! They totally ruined the book-

One of my girl friends was in a car crash, which prevented me from seeing the last part of it (she was all right, thankfully).

4th Eye

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 11, 2006, 09:16 PM
Has anyone read Lunar Park? the newest novel from Bret Easton Ellis.

I bought it some time ago, but I havent read it yet since i've been busy with school and stuff.

I'm also interested to check that out since I've read all of Ellis' previous books except "The Rules Of Attraction".

"American Psycho" is great too. After I read it and was taking it back to library, I had these weird, sick thoughts all the time. I became finnish psycho....in my mind only though.

greencard

You can find me refering to this book on practically a daily basis -

BigDave

i finished junk.  it was average but enjoyable, and very much a watered down version of trainspotting.  i started the long dry by cynan jones today.

Mazzy

the following is an excerpt from a book by robert fulghum called 'all i really need to know i learned in kindergarten'. fulghum believes that if people apply this list to their daily adult lives, theirs will be a balanced and happy existence, and the world will be a better place. this is the list:

- share everything.

- play fair.

- don't hit people.

- put things back where you found them.

- clean up your own mess.

- don't take things that aren't yours.

- say sorry when you hurt somebody.

- wash your hands before you eat.

- flush.

- warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.

- live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.

- take a nap every afternoon.

- when you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.

- be aware of wonder. remember the little seed in the styrofoam cup: the root goes down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.

- goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the styrofoam cup - they all die. so do we.

- and then remember the dick-and-jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.

indeed. i'd also like to add 'be good to your mummy', 'everyone is equal in the sandpit', and 'barbie is an unrealistic portrayal of a woman's body'.

Paint Your Lips

I finally had some free time inbetween exams today, so i started reading the Jason chapter of Hey Nostradamus. I'm loving this book, BigD !

BigDave

thats good to hear.  that chapter is really good.

rxqueen

@ Mazzy.. Sounds good to me! I especially like your last added point. ^^

Like I already said in my thread, I finished Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder yesterday. It seriously must be one of the best books. Gold! I want everyone here to read it! And tell me what you think! It's like school for life in cool.

BigDave

rxqueen

Gaz

Just purchased The Yes Man by Danny Wallace, I need to start reading more.

blue_silver

I just started Brave New World by Aldous Huxley- I let you guys know what think about after I finish it...
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you...

ee cummings

rxqueen

Hey, I read that a while ago. It's scary, but makes you think, very good!

I started Siddharta by Hermann Hesse today. It already amazes me.. [...]

KingCrimson

currently reading Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets

its bloody good, im finding out alot of stuff i never knew about the floyd.
id recomend it to any pink floyd fan.

Jerry_Curls

Reading Miss Lonelyhearts and The Day Of The Locust by Nathaneal West.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BigDave

BigMood

henning mankell is great! he's swedish and rite now im readin mittsummer-murder
"Dude, I totally pulled a Chino Moreno on her last night."

rxqueen