Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

reading Rules of Attraction by Bret Easton Ellis.
nice book, though seen the movie first, so I know how will everything turn out

theis

Quote from: bored on Aug 29, 2008, 01:04 PM

i love both the movie and the book.

lostpilot

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 29, 2008, 01:06 PM

I loved the movie so much, that is why I finally decided to read the book.

Fireal1222

i just finished reading. The Wisdom Of Insecurity by Alan W. Watts

amazing book

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Shaye

Quote from: nonesuch on Aug 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
im about to finish "Haunted" by Chuck Palahniuk.  Simply amazing,    GO READ IT!!!     or any of his books actually i recommend Choke, Survivor, or of course Fight Club

Just picked up "Haunted" the other day but haven't started reading it yet.

I also read "Snuff" by Palahniuk not too long ago. Strange story, but if you like his style of writing, then go for it.

Shaye

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 29, 2008, 01:06 PM

I loved everything about that movie except for the one scene when she wakes up being date raped and filmed. That's the only part of the movie that just disturbs me tot he point where I don't even want to watch it.

I've seen countless amounts of movies involving disturbing shit, but that's one of the few that bothers me immensely.

Other than that, it's probably one of my favorite movies ever - especially the George Michael "Faith" Scene.

lostpilot

Yeah, the movie itself has some intense moments, which sometimes seem disturbing to me too. Yet - real life has disturbing episodes too..

theis

just ordered The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.

can't wait to read it!

devlin

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Nov 23, 2008, 04:40 PM
just ordered The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.

can't wait to read it!

it was ok. a couple of funny parts. but the dude took that shit SERIOUS. it really is like reading a manual. more boring than anything. hope you enjoy more than i did.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: devlin on Nov 23, 2008, 05:59 PM

can't wait to read it!

it was ok. a couple of funny parts. but the dude took that shit SERIOUS. it really is like reading a manual. more boring than anything. hope you enjoy more than i did.

I guess you really have to be into zombies because I thought it was brilliant.  The funny part was how serious it was meant to be.  I've seen Max Brooks speak at conventions and he was fucking hilarious.  He took questions from the audience and acted as if he was a zombie survival expert.  I'm a diehard anything zombie fan so maybe that's why I enjoy it.  I swear I'll grab that book before anything if a real outbreak occurs lol.

theis

awesome. i'm pretty sure i'll love it too. zombies ftw!

bright lights, big city

Have you guys read World War Z? My buddy lent it to me recently...it's amazing
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Been meaning to buy it actually.  I flipped through it the other day and was very interested.  Nice Leon av btw.

downtownpony

anyone know anything about this twilight movie&book? Looks
kinda lame but who knows.

bright lights, big city

I can't take it. I hate this trend of teens getting their panties wet the most. Definitely am not gonna read the books or the see the flick. yuck.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Muzic Junkie

Twiights supposed to be a really good book.  Why its being made into a movie

I'm currrently reading " the game" its a book on Pickup artists, Really sad actually. They change there whole self just to attract women, And when they do there manipulating the women/ and or men into meanigless sex / relatitionships.

Stupid women!

theis

i have no fucking clue why this Twilight shit is so fucking huge. i'd never even heard of it before the movie started to get mentioned. sparkling, vegetarian vampires? fuck that shit.

lostpilot

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Nov 24, 2008, 11:38 AM
i have no fucking clue why this Twilight shit is so fucking huge. i'd never even heard of it before the movie started to get mentioned. sparkling, vegetarian vampires? fuck that shit.

same here.

devlin

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Nov 24, 2008, 01:05 AM
Quote from: devlin on Nov 23, 2008, 05:59 PM

can't wait to read it!

I guess you really have to be into zombies because I thought it was brilliant.  The funny part was how serious it was meant to be.  I've seen Max Brooks speak at conventions and he was fucking hilarious.  He took questions from the audience and acted as if he was a zombie survival expert.  I'm a diehard anything zombie fan so maybe that's why I enjoy it.  I swear I'll grab that book before anything if a real outbreak occurs lol.

i'm a huge zombie fan as well. i get that that was the joke,  like i said it wasn't bad just kinda boring. altough impressive how much thought he put into every possible situation one might be in if a zombie out break where to happen.

i have World war Z but i haven't picked it up yet. its in the middle of a huge stack of books i have to read.
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Nov 24, 2008, 11:38 AM

vegetarian vampires? i don't get it...they drink blood not eat meat. what do these drink V8 or something.

thats not as bad as the vegatarian zombie in the day of the dead remake tough.

theis

Quote from: devlin on Nov 24, 2008, 02:08 PM
thats not as bad as the vegatarian zombie in the day of the dead remake tough.

wow seriously? i knew there was a good reason for refusing to watch it.