Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The books thread

Started by tarkil, Jan 16, 2006, 02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

Quote from: devlin on Dec 03, 2008, 06:49 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 03, 2008, 06:44 PM
finished Duma Key by Stephen King last night...the man has not lost his touch, excellent book

really? i haven't picked this one up yet. it didn't look all that great.

yes, it really marries is early work to his later works really well. i know the plot sounds a bit weak, but it is quite solid. The fact that its also a bit autobiographical is really nice too.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 04, 2008, 08:14 PM
Quote from: devlin on Dec 03, 2008, 06:49 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Dec 03, 2008, 06:44 PM
finished Duma Key by Stephen King last night...the man has not lost his touch, excellent book

really? i haven't picked this one up yet. it didn't look all that great.

yes, it really marries is early work to his later works really well. i know the plot sounds a bit weak, but it is quite solid. The fact that its also a bit autobiographical is really nice too.

cool. i know i would eventually pick it up, but i'm a bit less hesitant now. i just have a big stack of books to get through before i go buying any more.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bebo on Nov 30, 2008, 06:55 AM
to go with the zombie discussion,

the walking dead anyone? good stuff.

Excellent comics, have the first two collections.

downtownpony

just finished thelast of the paperback 30 days of night trio. Its a pretty damn good read.

goldpony

just finished Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. WOW. to find out that being successful really only comes down to when you were born (among other things) is a fascinating and disturbing thought
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on Jun 01, 2008, 12:58 AM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

devlin

Yann Martel- Life of Pi.  not to bad so far but i almost put it down. the first 100 pages are kinda boring. way to much getting to know the character and his life leading up to the main plot of the book.

sharingbuns

HOLY SHIT! WTF?! OMG! GTG! LMFAO! :'( :'( :'(
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 15, 2008, 09:08 PM
how do know when its ok to piitb? and should you ask first?

devlin

just finished Stephen King's Duma Key. it was pretty. better than i expected.

about to start Bret Easton Ellis' The Informers. this is my first time reading one of his books, but i've heard good things and i love the two movies made from his books. i'm starting with this one because i read about it being made into a movie and want to read the book before seeing it.

bright lights, big city

what movies have they made from his stuff?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

less than zero, american psycho, and the rules of attraction. the informers and lunar park were also made into movies and are coming out soon.

i've only seen american psycho and rules of attraction. saw a trailer for the informers and it looks good.

lostpilot

still reading 1984..

Jizzlobber

I started reading Stephen Kings "Duma Key" last week. absolutly brilliant so far...

But then my girlfriend lent me a book called "50 ways to fuck the planet" . its all about the various ways damage is caused to the earth and global warming contributors. I never realised so much alien flora and fauna are rampant around the world...and stay away from salmon..they are force fed processed proteins thats creates deformities in them. not good
<

oldgentlovecraft

Reading the Fall of Cthulhu graphic novels.  Also, still smashing some Keene and Laymon.

Shaye

I don't think I've posted about this yet but if I have I apologize...

Anyway, if anyone has ever worked in an office...PLEASE read "And Then We Came To The End" by Joshua Ferris.

It's funny as hell. So entertaining and a book you'll never forget.

tarkil

Reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" from Junot Diaz at the moment...
Very good

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

defTHE1s

Resident Evil 4: Inframundo (Underworld in english?)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

bright lights, big city

haha i've read those books too!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defTHE1s

they're good, aren't they? makes me want to go and shoot some zombies ;)
and it's awesome reading them in the night when I'm in the bed (I have them in pdf, so now i can read them in my brother's PSP!)

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

whodunit?

bboks about the WWII

whodunit?

"SS - Hitler's Black Guards" the history of SS and their crimes.
"Himmler" about the guy.